I have an important question I would like you to think about

opsspec1991

I have an important question I would like you to think about.
I want to propose this concerning the use of an AR-15 type rifle as a Personnel Defense Weapon (PDW) and not an Assault Weapon. One aspect during all of the debates I have been hearing and watching during the past few weeks has overlooked one vitally important reason to not infringe upon our Americans citizens second amendment right to keep and bear arms is the defense of our American way of life.
What I mean by this is pretty straight forward and easy, to look back in history and understand to see that time after time, whenever a group of people or a country are considered to be self-reliant where it comes to being able to defend and protect themselves, that this person or country is vastly considered to be able to protect themselves from aggression by others who would want to propose such act’s upon them.
Take these examples from our resent past; prior to World War 2 (WW2), here are two examples of what I stated above.
First, when Adolf Hitler was starting to ravage northern Europe, the one and only country he wouldn’t and didn’t concur was Switzerland, why you ask? Because, back prior to WW2, Switzerland had a law requiring every able bodied citizen to have a personal defense weapon and to engage in both target practice and monthly drills as a militia for each and every town and hamlet. When this aspect concerning Switzerland was brought to Hitler’s attention by his generals, it was decided to by-pass this country for more easily conquerable country’s instead, because they didn’t want to get into a prolonged conflict there, where each and every citizen could and would take up arms against them in mass. See this is how Hitler concurred all of the Jewish population, first he took their weapons and then took them all off to be kill in the concentration camps.
Second, Also prior to WW2 Fleet Admiral Yamamoto, the one who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor, told the other General’s and Admiral’s in Japan that because he had lived and gone to school in America, he knew that to attack America’s home soil would in his words “Awake a sleeping Giant” and "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." He knew that because almost every American had a personal defense weapon, the very aspect of defeating America on its own soil was utterly useless and would lead to their ultimate defeat.
I guess what I’m getting to is this; American citizens need to be able to defend themselves with a personal defense weapon to not only protect themselves from rampaging mobs out to loot neighborhood’s after a natural catastrophe, but to just in case, defend and protect our American homeland against the possibility of an attack by an distant country or nation that is bent on doing harm to our way of life and taking away what is not there’s. Note: The movie Red Dawn is more realistic then you may think; it could very well happen here if those nations who want to do us harm think we have striped our citizens the right to defend themselves and our country.

Second, Also prior to WW2 Fleet Admiral Yamamoto, the one who planned the attack on Pearl Harbor, told the other General’s and Admiral’s in Japan that because he had lived and gone to school in America, he knew that to attack America’s home soil would in his words “Awake a sleeping Giant” and "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

He never said that: Misquoting Yamamoto

Like any other genie that is out of the bottle, now that the various assault carbines are available, legal, and everywhere, it has become critical to self defense that everybody get one of their own.

Mine is a Ruger Mini 14. Reminds me of my beloved US Rifle M-14 issued to me at Quantico.

It does not easily jam like an AR-15.

And since it has an operating rod handle like the AK-47 it is easy to clear any jams, unlike the AR's which Stoner forgot to design an operating-bolt handle for.

I strongly suggest everybody get their own assault carbine asap, before someone else like Bill or Hillary Clinton comes along and bans them again.

I didn't know that I can shoot down an incoming ICBM with my AR. Good to know. Thanks for posting this.

In addition to misquoting Yamamoto, your Switzerland story isn't fully correct either. You are someone who has never been to Switzerland, so you know really not much about that country anyway other than what you read on pro-gun sites. Read up on Operation Tannenbaum, Nazi Germany's Swiss invasion plan. Switzerland is honeycombed with mountains, practiced (still does) armed neutrality, and had business relations with Nazi Germany. Invading Switzerland would have been costly for Nazi Germany due to the terrain. The fact that the country was (and still is) trained and armed to the teeth was an added factor. However, a rifle doesn't do much good against a Panzer, the same way it doesn't do much good against an ICBM.

Why did Hitler not invade Switzerland?

Link Removed

THE Militia WAS intended to be able to counter the military. WE are no longer able to do this... Why? Because we cannot personally own what the military has. So, OUR NUMBERS have to account for the greater might. Not Many Understand this.
Long Live The Republic.
Hands up don't shoot... **** You!

Mine is a Ruger Mini 14. Reminds me of my beloved US Rifle M-14 issued to me at Quantico.

It does not easily jam like an AR-15.

And since it has an operating rod handle like the AK-47 it is easy to clear any jams, unlike the AR's which Stoner forgot to design an operating-bolt handle for.

Good to know that you have no clue about rifles either. I guess you have never had any formal training on either, the AR or AK, and your traning on the M-14 is outdated. Your statement is "Stupid Internet Gun Stuff".

An AR has a charging handle and a separate forward assist. The forward assist is really not needed as you are not supposed to jam a round into the chamber that doesn't want to go in in the first place. An AK has a charging handle that also functions as a forward assist, but then again, you shouldn't jam in rounds in the first place.

The charging handles on the AR and AK have the same function, clearing a round if needed and loading the next one. A malfunction can be cleared with both in the same way, or it can't be cleared with the charging handle at all. The following video is quite interesting:

Video description: During a heavy firefight with ISIS, a British Soldier’s AK-M failed to eject the spent casing. The soldiers takes the gun apart to remove the round so he can get back in the fight.

At least, you won't be embarrassed by my post, since you won't be reading it as I am on your ignore list.

THE Militia WAS intended to be able to counter the military. WE are no longer able to do this... Why? Because we cannot personally own what the military has. So, OUR NUMBERS have to account for the greater might. Not Many Understand this.
Long Live The Republic.
Hands up don't shoot... **** You!

Semi-auto actually saves ammo and is more effective than fully auto.

So a semi-auto civilian carbine against a fully auto military one, if it ever came to that, which I would doubt, would be a fairly even match.

The fool blasting away on fully auto would eventually waste all his ammo.

Tanks and APC's can be set on fire. Or snipers with deer rifles can pin them down until they run out of food and water inside.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back