I found my thrill

boondockdad

What could be better than a camping subgroup, on a firearms forums??
My two favorite family centered hobbies. (Actually, I don’t have any hobbies that aren’t family-centric.): ‘Camping’ and ‘Guns’.

Boo.
Yah.

For me, this forum and subgroup is the digital equivalent of all the inclusive deliciousness of a turducken. I have a feeling I’m going to be spending a lot of time here… rolling in the threads like a polar bear in a savory carcass.

Hmm. I guess food is probably my other favorite hobby.

Well, since this is my first post, it might as well serve as my intro; which is short: husband, father, right-wing Christian nut job, always learning.

-‘boon

Welcome. BTW, I had to look up turducken. Didn't know what that was but it looks delicious.....:biggrin:

Welcome, boondockdad. Turducken is marvelous. If your ever in the Charleston, SC area go to link that has ya covered for sum gooood food (Link Removed)
As for being new, temper your posts, watch your language, and read the rules of posting. Keep in mind, everything that is posted here is available to the public. Don't believe me? Type in your user name in google and watch the hits that come up.

Welcome. BTW, I had to look up turducken. Didn't know what that was but it looks delicious.....:biggrin:

Thanks!

Welcome, boondockdad. Turducken is marvelous. If your ever in the Charleston, SC area go to link that has ya covered for sum gooood food (Link Removed)
As for being new, temper your posts, watch your language, and read the rules of posting. Keep in mind, everything that is posted here is available to the public. Don't believe me? Type in your user name in google and watch the hits that come up.

Good advice, to be sure.
Thanks for the link. I'm going to be just west of there, on 95, heading south for Easter break. Hmm...

What I kept running into at the 'dedicated' camping forum,
was the hypersensitive moderation anytime anybody mentioned "guns", "ammo", "holster", "sling", "grip", "wrench", etc.. you get the picture.

So, when I found this, and opened up a thread with guys/gals talking about best methods for packing on the trail,
I was like:
Link Removed

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.
Chompin at the bit to get out camping. Been a long winter. We usually get out for some winter camping over New Years at Pokagon State Park, but it didn't pan out this year. So needless to say, the whole fam is good and ready for an Easter break excursion.

Here's my oldest, at one of our favorites, Yellowstone:
IMG_1978.JPG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back