I feel funny.

BIG E

Hey,

Well I am new here and just hit the "new members"section. Sent out a few welcomes and I have to say that I feel a little funny. I am new here as well and I am welcoming you to the board? HMMM

I am a member of another board where welcoming is commonplace, but I have been on the other board for awhile... just feels a little funny.

Thoughts?

I feel funny to but I think it's because I've been up for about 2 days! We're definitely a new site, went live about 13 days ago.

This is more or less my first time here. I don't reply to alot of new posts if there are more than ten replies or they are from No Dak so

I feel funny.

You didn't eat the tater salad did you? That's been sitting in the sun all day.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the "blue chip" gun sites soon - don't know what makes me say it, but see if I'm not right in a few months.

I've been on all of them for several years, but this'll be one of the first where I got in on the ground floor as it were.

For me, that funny feeling is like when you walk into a brand new church or school or restaurant while the paint is still wet and the carpet still makes your eyes water. It's empty and quiet and seems huge, but before you know it, it'll be noisy and crowded and full of energy. And there will be footprints on the carpet, crayon marks on the wall, and that weird smell in the corner that could be either last week's lunch special or Uncle Fred.

In other words, home.

Joe

We'll see how things turn out Joe. I know what you mean about that empty feeling. Until today its been REALLY empty! I'm exited seeing more and more people signing up. But I won't let the place turn into the wild wild west like I've seen some other forums.

I'm sure the popularity of this site will grow like a wildfire! I'm new like you guys, but hey, we're already the Vets around here! :D

Luke,

I think this style of forum with dedicated moderators will do fine.

That weird BBS style board and user "rating" points on PDO was what sent that forum spinning into the ground. A little chaos and energy is good, but that really turned ugly. It was like too small of a shark tank with too much chum.

I tell you, I've got a good feeling about this place.

Joe

Yea, I don't think any kind of ranking system will work. You'd always have someone abusing it.

So far the lay out is great. It may copy other resources online in some respects but the BB software standard is easy and flexible.
You will have a ton of folks showing up here in no time.

So far the lay out is great. It may copy other resources online in some respects but the BB software standard is easy and flexible.
You will have a ton of folks showing up here in no time.

Thanks. I'm working on getting the forum design to match the website. Just one more thing I have in the works.

I don't think you'll be 'empty' for long. I like our Ks site but I enjoy traveling and this site should be a great help. (Wife and I took a 3000 mile drive in Aug going thru 9 states). Looks to be class AAA+ in my book.

I don't think you'll be 'empty' for long. I like our Ks site but I enjoy traveling and this site should be a great help. (Wife and I took a 3000 mile drive in Aug going thru 9 states). Looks to be class AAA+ in my book.

our KS site and XDtalk is sometimes "overmodded." If that's a word. :) What bugs me is the disappearing threads and/or posts. If a thread goes down-hill lock it, don't delete it and sweep it under the rug.

I have to agree on this one. I just went through and posted hellos to those who didn't have a reply yet to their original post. It does feel strange.

our KS site and XDtalk is sometimes "overmodded." If that's a word. :) What bugs me is the disappearing threads and/or posts. If a thread goes down-hill lock it, don't delete it and sweep it under the rug.

I have to agree. You need people to patrol the threads to stop the flaming wars that go on and also to ensure that the topics stay On Topic, but I have never agreed with threads that disappear because they went a direction that someone didn't agree with.

I don't plan on doing a lot of "Deleting" post or threads unless it is really blatent spam or abuse. We'll see how things go but I don't want to overmod it as you said.

Thanks for posting welcomes. I'm at my regular job during the weekday.

Funny,

I felt funny once, but I was just clowning around:D.
I apologize I know how you feel signing on to a new place.
Looks like it is going to be a great place.
Even if it does feel funny.:D
One cannibal said to the other cannibal "I feel funny".
The other cannibal responded "You should you just ate a clown".

I agree also on the lack of rankings and ratings..less is more and don't forget KISS (Not Gene Simmons and the band)..Hope you find guys you trust to assist you in the policing that MAY need to be done..I am a MOD on a couple of other boards and I can tell you it is almost a full time job! The spam filters are getting better on some of these bbs's but the members need guidence every now and then. You have a good thing here and I will support it the best I can.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back