I could use some ideas here

Evel_Knievel

I'd really like to keep using an N82 tuckable IWB because it's so comfortable. And I'd really like to keep using a Viridian C5L-R.
The only problem is the N82 keeps turning on the damn Viridian when I move, such as sitting in the car, etc.
The N82 is soft on your body side, and soft on the side that holds the firearm. It's a wide elastic band that wraps around the pistol to hold it in place.

I can't seem to come up with a solution to stop wearing batteries out and looking like an idiot when someone says "Hey what's that light on in your pocket?"
If only Viridian had a somewhat deep ring molded around the on/off buttons so they couldn't be depressed unless you intentionally placed a finger down in the recess to depress the switch.
The yellow arrow points at the location they should have this raised ring around the on/off switch.
Any suggestions how to stop this madness???

Link Removed

Mines never turned on in my waistband.

This light is a pain in the butt to make holster for...and I'm wasting a lot of kydex trying to figure it out...if you want one let me know

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

N82 doesn't make their pro polycarbonate hard shell design to fit attachments.

I got the N82 Pro for my XD-S, but don't use accessories on it.

I did get a custom kydex holster that fits my XDm and Viridian X5L, with ECR magnet on the holster, and it is a custom hybrid holster worn either IWB or OWB.

They could make a holster for you, but turnaround is at least a month. Link below:

Hybrid Accessory Holster

Your only option would be the first holster shown (HHH S1A), with your C5L-R attachment, ECR optional if supported on your viridian.

I did get a custom kydex holster that fits my XDm and Viridian X5L, with ECR magnet on the holster, and it is a custom hybrid holster worn either IWB or OWB.

They could make a holster for you, but turnaround is at least a month. Link below:

Hybrid Accessory Holster

Your only option would be the first holster shown (HHH S1A), with your C5L-R attachment, ECR optional if supported on your viridian.

Mines never turned on in my waistband.

This light is a pain in the butt to make holster for...and I'm wasting a lot of kydex trying to figure it out...if you want one let me know

No offense intended, but how much for such a kydex holster in black? Seems they would stick to your skin and or make you sweat?

Hybrid Accessory Holster

For some odd reason I've never warmed up to the idea of a "hybrid" IWB but the more I look at it, they do look nice. Would be nice to try before you buy because I have no experience with a hybrid. I'm just so used to how quick you can put on and remove an N82 with the single clip design.

No offense intended, but how much for such a kydex holster in black? Seems they would stick to your skin and or make you sweat?

For some odd reason I've never warmed up to the idea of a "hybrid" IWB but the more I look at it, they do look nice. Would be nice to try before you buy because I have no experience with a hybrid. I'm just so used to how quick you can put on and remove an N82 with the single clip design.

I've been selling them at the lgs for $50. I can put chap leather or suede on the kydex if your worried about sweat and stickiness.

I had a crossbreed that would pop out my mag. I cut a hole where it made contact. You might want to try that. also try carrying at 3:00. Any further back you would have the pistol between you and the seat.

Good idea dub, except the N82 tuckable for this gun is just a wide elastic band sewed to some padded suede. It would destroy the band.
I ordered some supplies to try and make a holster. Now I see what firefighter means by these lights are a ***** to make a holster for. Gonna give it a try.

Good idea dub, except the N82 tuckable for this gun is just a wide elastic band sewed to some padded suede. It would destroy the band.
I ordered some supplies to try and make a holster. Now I see what firefighter means by these lights are a ***** to make a holster for. Gonna give it a try.

Yeah it's the shape with the rubber gaskets that protrude a little bit...use tape...and lots of it. I bought the molding prop to help create a light channel...one modification to the mold and I think I got it...unfortunately I don't have kydex to test it out right now...made a batch of 60 (glock 42 and xds) holsters...used up all my dang kydex.

I'd recommend a Kydex Holster. Even a Hybrid could give you the same issues. I don't think most lights/lasers were designed with CC in mind (minus by BG380's) haha

Yea it sucks having a light when leaving the house, but when you have a teenage kid at home you most certainly want to properly identify who just climbed in that window.
I wish the light manufacturers would make a small hard to reach disable switch for daytime.

Yea it sucks having a light when leaving the house, but when you have a teenage kid at home you most certainly want to properly identify who just climbed in that window.
I wish the light manufacturers would make a small hard to reach disable switch for daytime.

Most do. Either a quarter twist of the bezel (ie: insight wml), or a lever in the up must position (ie: surefire x400), locks the accessory.

OK here's my 1st crack at making something useable. Wasn't crazy about the pancake idea so I tried the taco method. It almost turned out identical to yours firefighter except I didn't use any eyelets.

To enlarge the channel for the light I used an old thick plastic wrench holder and cut it to size with the table saw. Then used a scroll saw and die grinder with a deburing bit to make the cutout for the light switch. Held it all together with duct tape and taped a pencil for the sight channel. After it was all done I smoothed all the edges with a mini DA sander and 400 grit.

So far I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's comfortable as it can be, and the retention is a pronounced "click" when re holstering. I think the good retention is coming from the screw head that holds the light to the mounting rail.
This was a fun little project!!
I used .08 Boltaron and heated it to 295 for about 6 minutes. I also ordered a steel belt clip in case this one blows.
AF78992C-B21A-426D-A303-CDC47FB75398_zps0flugmyi.jpg

06065F95-9BBC-4946-82A1-BE0A1EBBE33F_zpskkooo2jy.jpg

1C269373-0FBC-4CF8-9E2B-8299B390A21E_zpsqvojrdll.jpg

OK here's my 1st crack at making something useable. Wasn't crazy about the pancake idea so I tried the taco method. It almost turned out identical to yours firefighter except I didn't use any eyelets.

To enlarge the channel for the light I used an old thick plastic wrench holder and cut it to size with the table saw. Then used a scroll saw and die grinder with a deburing bit to make the cutout for the light switch. Held it all together with duct tape and taped a pencil for the sight channel. After it was all done I smoothed all the edges with a mini DA sander and 400 grit.

So far I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's comfortable as it can be, and the retention is a pronounced "click" when re holstering. I think the good retention is coming from the screw head that holds the light to the mounting rail.
This was a fun little project!!
I used .08 Boltaron and heated it to 295 for about 6 minutes. I also ordered a steel belt clip in case this one blows.
AF78992C-B21A-426D-A303-CDC47FB75398_zps0flugmyi.jpg

06065F95-9BBC-4946-82A1-BE0A1EBBE33F_zpskkooo2jy.jpg

1C269373-0FBC-4CF8-9E2B-8299B390A21E_zpsqvojrdll.jpg

Are you addicted yet? ...I thought my holster drawer was getting stuffed...until I started making holsters...now I have a garage full

If your making a kydex holster for yourself, try placing a small coin over the switch when you mold the kydex. This should give you enough clearance to prevent the switch from being presses. Good Luck!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back