I am I mentally prepared to defend myself

Are you mentally prepared to shoot in self defense

• Kill them all and let God sort them out

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Trained and ready no regrets

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • I am ready and trained but do not relish the thought nor do I look forward to it

Votes: 85 66.4%
  • Have not really thought it through but I am armed for protection

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I can't take the life of another

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Am I mentally prepared to defend myself

Here is an interesting thought... Please keep all Bravado and false security objective as you mull this one over.

Last edited:
i am trained and ready no regrets, have been mentally telling myself that for years now. so should it ever happen, no regrets. because if you hesitate, people die

I had a hard time deciding between no regrets and I don't relish the thought. I certainly do not look forward to it. I would much prefer living my life and never being put in a position to have to defend myself or my family. However, if it came down to my life or families lives, I do not think I would have any regrets in defending myself.

good man, my family, dont ever threaten them, or my dogs. ha. but in all seriousness. what do you think they think of you? are you expendible? are you really willing to find out?

Don't relish the thought. I hope I never have to use my firearm or any weapon to take the life of another human. Having said that if put in the position to have to take the life of someone in my on defence, family member or innocent third party then at that point I will do what I have to with out regret.

Don't relish the thought. I hope I never have to use my firearm or any weapon to take the life of another human. Having said that if put in the position to have to take the life of someone in my on defence, family member or innocent third party then at that point I will do what I have to with out regret.

+1 on that HK4U

I voted the same. I don't relish the thought but I would defend myself or my family if need be. I hope that day never comes. If it does come, then I will do what I have to do with out hesitation. I will not regret taking someones life who was trying to take mine or my families. They come first.

not really trained but with no regrets, i've been i the situation where i could of killed or been killed, thankfully it didn't go that far, but if its my life and that of my family's, no regrets. period.

not really trained but with no regrets, i've been i the situation where i could of killed or been killed, thankfully it didn't go that far, but if its my life and that of my family's, no regrets. period.

Don't remember if I have done so or not but if I have not, let me welcome you from Texas.

I've been trained from martial arts to firearms. hopefully I will never be in a situation where I would have to pull my firearm, I would rather use hands and feet, but if I had to do something like that to save myself or the lives of people that I love then I am ready to do what I have to do to keep them with me alive and well. would not have any regrets for saving a life from some one who could care less.

I chose "Kill them all and let God sort them out". I'm trained, I'm ready, I have no regrets and I don't relish the thought, however if a BG puts me in the position that I have send him/her to the morgue then so be it. Then it's out to dinner to celebrate that I have another day of life left.

I enlisted in the Army in 1966. I never went into battle. My attitude at the time was it was my duty, my job, to shoot the enemy if called upon. I feel pretty much the same. If confronted with evil threatening me or someone else, it is my duty, my job to try to stop that evil.

I would hope that if I had to shoot someone, first, I would, and second, I would accept it as doing my duty, my job.

Don't look forward to it and would rather not (most people I know are like that) but will not hesitate if called upon to do so.

Messing with me and mine would be their last mistake.

In my profession I see the sick, injured, dead and dying routinely. It's mostly unfortunate. It no longer bothers me. Death is part of life. However, sometimes people get what they deserve and some people need shootin'. I hope I never have to shoot somebody, but if it comes to that, I will have no regrets. I'm trained, I'm ready, and I'm not affraid to defend myself and family.

I have been trained and been in a situation that could have ended badly. I would defend myself, family, friends and co-workers, but wouldn't look forward to it.

I hope the day never comes but if it does, I'm ready to defend myself and family.

I am quite concerned about coming upon a crime in action such as a rape or nut job with a gun shooting people in the mall. With laws the way they are I have a real problem. My first thought is to get away and not get involved. My heart thinks that I may be able to save a life if I intervene. This one really gives me trouble. I have the feeling that I WILL get involved and take out the bad guy, get arrested, and spend the rest of my life paying lawyers.

Trained and ready no regrets

I have Three Steps that anybody dealing with using deadly force needs to navigate:

1. You Need to Get Your Mind Right. This is where you come to grips and make your peace with the fact that you are carrying the power of life and death. You need to walk through the various scenarios for what will happen before, during, and after, to be prepared for the entire event.

You can not put off getting yourself ready. There are no RSVPs to gun/knife/club fights. Even if you avoid going anywhere where there might be a violent confrontation - unless the government sends you there - that does not mean you will not be in one; the other side has a vote on creating a violent confrontation for their own reason(s). You must be ready beforehand for the event and the aftermath. If you have not gotten past this step, you can not deal with Steps 2 and 3 clearly, and you are setting yourself all of the emotional issues that will come your way if you are carrying ANY weapon - gun/knife/club - and use it.

2. You Have to Know Where the Bright Line to Act Is. At what point can you legally stop the threat.

You must know at what point under what circumstances deadly force is appropriate. This is not something you can figure out at the time, you must have internalized it before it the event starts, much like what you do when you drive your car on ice, for example. Each state is different, so you must be well-versed in any state you are in, and every separate kind of situation (home/domicile, car, outside home/car, etc.) that is possible. You must automatically and immediately know when the line is crossed.

3. There can be NO hesitation as soon as the opportunity/shot is cleared tactically after the Bright Line has been and remains crossed. As John Bernard Books - John Wayne's character in his last movie The Shootist stated - You Must Be WILLING.
"It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull a trigger. I won't."

You can not be looking for wiggle room or a gray area here. The threat exists, and needs to be stopped. Looking for a Third Middle Compromise Solution leads to hesitation, which will lead to you not dealing with your responsibilities in a timely manner. It is you - not the person or persons presenting the threat - that you are responsible for.

I do not relish in the thought of taking another persons life but I am trained and ready to do so if need be. Oh yea, this is POST #1 for me on this board.
Doc

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back