I Am Building A 25M Rrange Out Back

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
My sons and I are building a 25M range out back with assistance from the local sheriff's office for requirements to produce an adequate backstop. This is the best! No Range Fees!!!!!

Last edited:
I've built 2

One at this place which I did over 30 years ago, RR ties stacked in a V shape and with a roof of RR ties, Boiler plate at 30 degrees, backed up with a heap of dirt. N limited to a max of 75 yards is the pistol range.

At the Farm I have a big heap of dirt from the pond I dug, piled about 15' high X 40' long and 20' deep in a U shape with a vertical face, up against the wood line, now that one is at the back of my hay field so I can drive right up to it for pistol or drop back to the barn for a 400 yard shot. Is seeded it with a quick growing grass to help stabilize the soil.

I have found one of those nice cheap portable shade tents over my shooting bench makes it more pleasant on a hot day.

Also helped to do the one at our sportsman club, we developed this neat trick for a target stand, it involves some 1 1/2" PVC T's, end caps, nuts N bolts, N some 1X1 for verticals to fasten some cardboard to, makes a quick easy target stand that can be easily repaired, maintained, and is very durable and can be left outside.

Also helped to do the one at our sportsman club, we developed this neat trick for a target stand, it involves some 1 1/2" PVC T's, end caps, nuts N bolts, N some 1X1 for verticals to fasten some cardboard to, makes a quick easy target stand that can be easily repaired, maintained, and is very durable and can be left outside.

Link Removed Would LOVE to see what this looks like!

Hell, I think you should save a little work for us to do on the last Sunday and I know I would come and pitch in. I'd even donate a few bucks.

Of course this is would have to come after I recover from my accident. I can pull the trigger but, I can't cock my M&P right now. This sucks.

Gimme a week and I'll be there! ;)

Congrats on the range. I have a place a bulldozer pushed up in my pasture I use sometimes, but I have neighbors fairly close on the sides and I hate to disturb them so I don't shoot as often as I like.

Sounds pretty nice. I was wondering what it takes to start a range, indoor or outdoor. The guy I work for asked me and I really didn't have any idea.

I put one together on my backlot.I live in a rural area.I have neighbors,but I have talked to them and they don't care if I go out and play.I stacked up tires and filled them with sand.
I would say,safety is the first and foremost concern. Then check out the city and county ordinances to see if they prohibit it. Then check with your neighborhood ass. and/or with your closest neighbors to see if it would bother them.
:icon_wink:

We rebuilt the berm last weekend!

My buddy brought over his tractor and we rebuilt the target pit and the berm. It now has approximately 2x the mass as it did before and it has a much broader profile. Good times!

Here is what round one looked like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos didn't take
more to come sorry fellas.

Last edited:
Sounds good festus! Because of the snow over here My project came to a hault.....for now. Hope to finish in the spring. No problems here in NH to shoot in Your back yard. I already got ahold of Fish/Game. There is no law in NH that You must post signs around the perimeter of Your property BUT it is a good idea that You do. I'm not going to get into it again because it has already been posted on here.
I still have to go another 5' higher on mine and finish off the sides to make the "U". My signs will say..."KEEP OUT / SHOOTING AREA". As You said, "no range fee's", is a plus in my book! For those who have not seen My photo's, check out the "NH" thread, Backyard Shooting.
festus.....we need photo's!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back