hypocratical Gun Shops

EliminatorXR7

Hypocritical Gun Shops

Why is it that most gun shops here do not allow loaded firearms in their shops?
Every single one that I have been in has cards and ads for NRA, GCO etc., but the stores are denying me and us of our 2nd amendment rights. At any time, a BG could walk into the store and start a SHTF situation, and most of the people in the store would be defenseless. It seems to me that a gun store would actually be a high risk area, BG wants guns, they have guns and the customers are all unarmed.
Are there any gun shops in the Atlanta area that are actually carry friendly? Wild West Traders and Adventure Outdoors are not, WWT even has a sign saying that shopping there is a privilege not a right, I can not see giving them any of my business.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have to wonder something about this. If I was a crook, would I heed the warning and NOT bring a gun in to rob them? The only thing that is being accomplished by this "RULE" is stopping honest people from shopping there. I know that if I were to see a sign that says no weapons, I would just turn around and move along to my next stop.

Why is it that most gun shops here do not allow loaded firearms in their shops?
Every single one that I have been in has cards and ads for NRA, GCO etc., but the stores are denying me and us of our 2nd amendment rights. At any time, a BG could walk into the store and start a SHTF situation, and most of the people in the store would be defenseless. It seems to me that a gun store would actually be a high risk area, BG wants guns, they have guns and the customers are all unarmed.
Are there any gun shops in the Atlanta area that are actually carry friendly? Wild West Traders and Adventure Outdoors are not, WWT even has a sign saying that shopping there is a privilege not a right, I can not see giving them any of my business.
Thanks

The general consensus I get when asking about the signs is that they are referring to firearms being brought in for servicing and their inventory on display. If you have a CC license/permit and are properly concealing, they really don't mind. What they don't want is some "idiot with a gun" walking around the store with a loaded gun that's not holstered. In order to cover their "six", they put up the signs so if some moron does manage to ND in their store, they could claim that they don't allow "loaded guns" in their store. As we all know (or at least should know), an unloaded gun won't fire. :wink:

gf

The biggest reason for this is insurance requirements. Most don't really care if you carry but must follow their insurance company requirements.

+1 to Glock Fan and Ronwill.
I always CC or OC in the gun shops I go to. They don't ever say anything. The signs are for insurance purposes and idiots. My CHL instructor told us about a guy that came in the store carrying a Glock, and pulled it out to show another guy. He took out the mag, then put the mag back in, racked the slide, then pulled the trigger. Blew a hole in the floor, luckily not in a person. :eek:

ronwill wrote:

The biggest reason for this is insurance requirements. Most don't really care if you carry but must follow their insurance company requirements

Ronwill nailed it. It's the insurance rules. The companies that ensure gun shops have delt with issues where patrons come in with loaded guns and in the process of looking at the store's guns....bang! Not sure how this happens or how often it has happened in the past, but that's why stores that sell guns and do gun repairs post signs for no loaded guns.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back