Huge increase in Floridian CC permits

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
Link Removed...
In 2005, one year before the state Legislature's decision to provide anonymity to people holding concealed weapons licenses, there were 347,350 active permits statewide.

Now, that number has swelled to about 520,000.

But wait...the Brady Bunch has noticed that...OMG...something terrifying is amiss!
"You're talking about people carrying loaded, hidden handguns," said Brian Malte, director of state legislation for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, an advocacy group based in Washington, D.C.

Gee, who'da thunk it? :secret:

Link Removed...

But wait...the Brady Bunch has noticed that...OMG...something terrifying is amiss!

Gee, who'da thunk it? :secret:
I think the agreement is that when we get to 600,000 the daily shopping mall shootouts are scheduled to begin. Ever since "shall issue" was made the law the antis have been predicting shootout and Wild West behavior so the mut be right :)

talking about people carrying loaded hidden handguns??... man I must have missed something.. I've been carrying mine empty this whole time:p

Oh the horror of law abiding citizens carrying hidden, loaded handguns :eek:! All that means is that criminals aren't the only ones carrying them now.

Interesting statistic...we have about 18.2 million people here. If we had 600,000 permit holders, that would make for 3% of the population that has a permit to carry concealed. These are rough numbers, but it shows just how much people are embracing 2A here. :victory:

Interesting statistic...we have about 18.2 million people here. If we had 600,000 permit holders, that would make for 3% of the population that has a permit to carry concealed. These are rough numbers, but it shows just how much people are embracing 2A here. :victory:

hopefully that number will continue to skyrocket... as well as the numbers of ccw holders in the rest of the rights friendly states.

Florida may just have to enlarge the department of agriculture, because what used to take about 45 days to process a permit is now up to over 72 days from mailbox to mailbox.

Add to this the fingerprint ordeal is only done in flagler county on tuesday from one to two pm, and that's only when the electronic fingerprint computer is working. Finally i asked them if they could do this ye old fashion way with the ink pad, (after coming back for two consecutive weeks), and they said sure we can--but they won't volunteer this info without asking.

Still looking for the cowboys are us store to open here. Open carry would be great.:secret:

Florida may just have to enlarge the department of agriculture, because what used to take about 45 days to process a permit is now up to over 72 days from mailbox to mailbox.

Add to this the fingerprint ordeal is only done in flagler county on tuesday from one to two pm, and that's only when the electronic fingerprint computer is working. Finally i asked them if they could do this ye old fashion way with the ink pad, (after coming back for two consecutive weeks), and they said sure we can--but they won't volunteer this info without asking.

That would have been my second question if they told me that the computer was inop. The first would have been "Is there another station in the area that has a machine up and running?" Keep in mind that the application packet includes 2 fingerprint cards. :wink:

Got my FL CCW back in '05. I made several phone calls to ensure that there would be a working electronic fingerprint computer when I got there. If one was down, then what's the chances that the next one would be inop as well..... Needless to say, first stop I made worked out great. Process was smooth and painless.

gf

"You're talking about people carrying loaded, hidden handguns," said Brian Malte, director of state legislation for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, an advocacy group based in Washington, D.C.

Say they are really bright aren't they?

Say they are really bright aren't they?

Does this mean that I should have had my concealed firearm loaded???? :confused:

gf :wink:

Does this mean that I should have had my concealed firearm loaded???? :confused:

gf :wink:

Imagine that; a bunch of law abiding citizens carrying around guns. I hope they don't think that CCW laws change anything for criminals, because they carried guns before the law, and will continue carrying them if, for whatever reason, the law is repealed. Of course, they don't see it that way, though.

This is great to hear! I know anytime I go up to the local range it seems like the CCW class is always full. I think the best part is the fact that people are STILL NOT shooting people over parking places, the streets ARE NOT running with blood, bla bla bla.

I love Florida! Warm, Sunny, beaches, and gun friendly. Who could ask for more! Lol

And the crime rate is only high in areas that support obama.Go figure:to_pick_ones_nose3:

And the crime rate is only high in areas that support obama.Go figure:to_pick_ones_nose3:

Exactly. Jacksonville is "the murder capital of the state" - but most of the murders happen in one specific area of the city. The rest of the place basically basically has an average or below-average rate of crime. It's stupid that the troublemakers in one area make us all look bad.

So, the rest of us either avoid the Northside, or carry a gun when driving through. The reason I originally started carrying was for the specific purpose of driving through the ghetto, which was the only way to get between work and home. I have since moved, but the gun bug has not gone away.

I live in one of those areas. Fortunately, it's still located in the great state of Indiana, and in case one of those gangbangers messes with me, he'll regret it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back