How's things whatya shooting

homershoots

Well figured I would start a new thread-the oc one is giving me a headache. How's things for everybody going here in the palmetto state? What y'all shooting and how often do you get to go?
I'm shooting:
Springfield loaded 1911 in .45acp-my favorite
Beretta px4 storm in .40cal with tlr-2laser/light combo
Eaa witness .40cal- I know it's cheap but it shoots nice
Springfield xdm subcompact 9mm- the wifes
Ruger sp101 .357mag-just sits
Rockola M1carbine .30cal
I go to the range probably every week and should stop spending my retirement savings on ammo but hey why not? Anybody going to friends of NRA banquet at the end of the month?

just my full size s & w m & p .45.i love it with my new truglo TFO sights.iv'e got 5 others .but practicing with that.about 700 rounds every other sunday

Just about all I've shot for the past year is 22lr.

either through my Ruger MKIII target pistol or either of my supped up 10/22s.

Every once and a while I'll put some rounds through my main carry pistol a Sig 230 (.380 cal) or my Ruger KP95 pistol 9mm and I have to exercise my carry rifle then too.. A customized Ruger Police Carbine in 9mm with folding stock.

But over all it's 22lr... I don't seem to get that burning sensation in my back pocket nearly as quick when I'm shooting this.

Alucard-I hear ya man I love my .45 too gonna get another beretta px4 in .45 soon
Blume357 yeah I definately can see the advantage of shooting 22lr-I used a ruger mkIII for my cwp qualification wanted to use my 45 but the instructor said try it you'll like it and man was he right what a cool gun! He had them set up with some tricked out anodized aluminum barrels in varying lengths very light and easy to use from holster think I may buy one!

These days limiting to my

Romanian Tokarev 7.62x25
RIA/Armscor MAPP 9mm (Witness Copy).

Bring out my Glock 26 and Taurus PT-709 now and then too.

Rifles vary...

Kids are shooting Ruger 10/22

Wife is shooting a Ruger SP101 and Taurus 605

Melloyello cool man sounds like a nice collection how's the wife like the sp101-don't think I could hit the broadside of a barn with mine that's why it sits guess I'm not much of a revolver guy but I don't shoot it that much either.

Alucard-I hear ya man I love my .45 too gonna get another beretta px4 in .45 soon
Blume357 yeah I definately can see the advantage of shooting 22lr-I used a ruger mkIII for my cwp qualification wanted to use my 45 but the instructor said try it you'll like it and man was he right what a cool gun! He had them set up with some tricked out anodized aluminum barrels in varying lengths very light and easy to use from holster think I may buy one!

when I qualified 5+ years ago, one of the guys in my class had just broken his shooting arm.... he used a Ruger MK II or III to qualify with using his 'weak' arm. I love my MK III... besides having the big learning curve of how to put the dern thing back together.... it has always performed well.

Even though I live less than 10 minutes from the Greenville Gun Club... it seems because of either work or family I can't get out there but every two to three weeks...

what I would really like to be able to schedule is going to another Appleseed event.... they have several scheduled up this way this Fall... either in Anderson or over in Toccoa.... but I can't seem to clear my schedule for any of them.

Try to shoot the Glock 19 every week, maybe 100-200 rounds. So far more like 50! I'm almost walking distance to Trader World from my office. Several Walmarts in the area are well-stocked with $9.47/50 rounds of Federal FMJ.

Also shoot the Ruger MkII a lot, with and without the silencer and red dot. As all have said, a fantastic weapon system. Occasionally shoot my "sniperized" version of the 10/22, 16" threaded TacSol barrel, soft stock, bipod, AAC Prodigy suppressor, Russian fixed 4x scope with pointed post reticle. Super accurate rifle.

10-22.jpg

MkII_Dot.jpg

Maybe once per month I knock out 20 rounds of defense ammo from my little Ruger LCP.

Sweet looking guns islander! I'll probably hit the range Tuesday and if I can ever figure out how to do pics on here I'll post some.

Sweet looking guns islander! I'll probably hit the range Tuesday and if I can ever figure out how to do pics on here I'll post some.

Cool.

To post photos, you need to first get them on the net, then just use the "image" link (5th icon from right, above, looks like it has a mountain on it). What you do is get your image loaded onto PhotoBucket or even FaceBook.

Once you can see your photo on whatever internet page you upload it to, right click on it and choose "properties" from the pop-up menu. Copy the image location shown in "Address (URL)". Select the image link above and paste the image address. Takes much longer to write this than to do.

Cheers,
I

Melloyello cool man sounds like a nice collection how's the wife like the sp101-don't think I could hit the broadside of a barn with mine that's why it sits guess I'm not much of a revolver guy but I don't shoot it that much either.

She shoots good on SA...using 38 Special +P
The 2" barrel makes it easier for her to carry/stow.
On DA she needs some practice but does good using 38 Specials.
At under 15 feet, regardless if DA or SA, all "K & D" shots.

Which SP-101 do you have?

Been shooting revolvers since I was 10 y.o.
They are extremely dependable and very easy to use.

That's the reason my wife went to SA/DA revolvers.
She didn't care to rack slides, deal with jams, ejection issue, ammo preference, etc.
I think what really did it for her was the HOT flying brass.

I have the 2" or is it 2.25" it's a snub nose for sure-in stainless with a pachmyr grip I'll have to bring it out with me Tuesday and give it some range time. Definately a nice little gun though. I have a bianchi iwb holster for it.

I have the 2" or is it 2.25" it's a snub nose for sure-in stainless with a pachmyr grip I'll have to bring it out with me Tuesday and give it some range time. Definately a nice little gun though. I have a bianchi iwb holster for it.

I had to go check...
My wife's Ruger SP101 2.25" and the Taurus 605 is a 2".
Both in 357...DA/SA
I forget the SP101 come in some many variations.

IWB with a revolver, even a 5 shot, that's bulky.
That's also the same reason I like OC and OWB.

If anytime you'd like to lighten the load - send me a PM.

I've been so stuck on my Glock 23 the last few years I don;t know why I even own other pistols anymore :biggrin:.

Foxhound-that's good , wish I could stick with one gun I'd have more money for ammo. Currently have another 1911 on layaway Springfield armory trp trophy service pistol in Teflon armory kote with checkered front and backstraps deep magwell full length guide rod match grade barrel and bushing plus trijicons-it is bad ass! Can't wait to bring it home!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back