How was Christmas?

JamesCC

How was everyone’s Christmas? I would have posted this question sooner but got caught up in winter storm and had no internet/service.

This year was really awesome. I wanted to do something different so I bought all the guys in my family the same gift. I love my Kore belt and my new wallet from axwell so I gifted my dad, grandfather, brother in law and cousin each a belt and wallet.

it was great seeing them open it and geeking out over it. Made my whole day.

Was waiting on a Tisas "Duty" (full size) 1911 to get to my local FFL but got Covid instead so it sat at the FFL for a couple weeks.

But now it's home and I'm slowly getting better.

left.jpg

right.jpg

It was on sale for $339.00. Forged steel frame, slide, barrel. Novak style three dot sights. Three pound seven ounce trigger out of the box. So far about 300 rounds with zero failure to feed, zero failure to go into battery, zero failure to fire, zero failure to eject.

This was my fourth Tisas 1911 and every one has been utterly reliable, accurate, easy to maintain and with fit and finish as nice as my Colt Series 80 or my Dan Wesson Pointman/Patriot semi custom were. But neither of those were ever as reliable as any of the Tisas 1911s have proven to be.

The Colt and the DW went off to Foster Care and I hope a Forever Home. The Tisas 1911s will stay.

Was waiting on a Tisas "Duty" (full size) 1911 to get to my local FFL but got Covid instead so it sat at the FFL for a couple weeks.

But now it's home and I'm slowly getting better.

View attachment 2298

View attachment 2299

It was on sale for $339.00. Forged steel frame, slide, barrel. Novak style three dot sights. Three pound seven ounce trigger out of the box. So far about 300 rounds with zero failure to feed, zero failure to go into battery, zero failure to fire, zero failure to eject.

This was my fourth Tisas 1911 and every one has been utterly reliable, accurate, easy to maintain and with fit and finish as nice as my Colt Series 80 or my Dan Wesson Pointman/Patriot semi custom were. But neither of those were ever as reliable as any of the Tisas 1911s have proven to be.

The Colt and the DW went off to Foster Care and I hope a Forever Home. The Tisas 1911s will stay.
$339 solid price- I spend nearly $59 on belts and more for holsters so that gun price is a steal

$339 solid price- I spend nearly $59 on belts and more for holsters so that gun price is a steal
So far I've put slightly over 250 rounds through the "Duty" and it's been as reliable as the three other Tisas 1911s. Today's carry from Tisas is my "Army" model. It's a Plain Jane almost identical to the issued 1911A1s but with better modern steels and a few changes mostly for reliability. The biggest differences are that the ejection port is slightly lowered, it's cerakoted rather than Parkerized and it has the modern prong-less bushing.

As it came:
Tisas-1911A1-Government-179.jpg

With slightly worn WWII USGI grips:
vintage-issue-grips.jpg

And with its current set of Magpul MOE grips:
Army-MOE-grips.jpg

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member