How to SELL a pistol in NY?

I bought a pistol and found something else I like better. How do I go about selling it? Can I list it on gunbroker? What do I do once I transfer it to get it removed from my permit? Can someone talk me through this? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Link Removed

Before selling a handgun listed on your license, you must notify the License Division at (646) 610-5154. When you contact the License Division you will be advised on the proper procedures to follow to complete the sale. Failure to notify the License Division that you are selling a handgun is a class A misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.

I guess I'll be keeping it. Not worth the hassle. The house is on the market and I can't WAIT to get the F out of this state. Last post here. Good luck all. You're going to need it living in this state.

If your moving out of state send it to a Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Cabela's via FFL dealer, then find a gun dealer in your NEW state of residence. When you get where you're going pick it up there from that shop. Or as a last ditch effort, P.M. me with what you have, and what you want, if I like it then take it to a licensed FFL in New York and ship it to me.:pleasantry:

You can sell it to

I bought a pistol and found something else I like better. How do I go about selling it? Can I list it on gunbroker? What do I do once I transfer it to get it removed from my permit? Can someone talk me through this? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

1. Licensed NYS Firearms dealer.
2. NYS/NYC handgun license holder
3. NYS/NYC peace officer

You will definitely need documentation from the seller and of course notify the police department in writing first.

You can sell it on gunbroker. You will have to ship though an FFL though, as you would in any other state. You do not need to notify NYC as you don't live there. The FFL will complete paperwork that you take back to the pistol unit to have the gun taken off your license. It's actually not that hard.

If you move, there are options to move with your guns without using an FFL depending on your final location. Gander Mountain and the like will hit your for 70 dollars a gun for a transfer, and the receiver will hit you for another fee.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back