How To Get Utah Non-resident Permit

fdegree

I have my Delaware CCW permit. After checking out reciprocity information on the internet, it seems that Utah will offer the most state coverage than any other single state. It appears that Utah will cover all the states that Florida covers, as well as all the states that Pennsylvania covers. Therefore, it appears that Utah is the next logical permit to obtain (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I saw some posts regarding Utah but the links embedded in those posts seemed dead.

So, how do I go about getting a non-resident permit from Utah?

It appears the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification is down which is why those links don't work. I would suggest calling them, their # of on that page also.

It appears the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification is down which is why those links don't work. I would suggest calling them, their # of on that page also.

Great timing on my part...trying to access when they are down.

Thanks for your help!!!

No problem. I'd check back this week to see if their site is back up. Being that the whole site is down I'm sure they are aware and working on it. At least I'd hope so!

I have my Delaware CCW permit. After checking out reciprocity information on the internet, it seems that Utah will offer the most state coverage than any other single state. It appears that Utah will cover all the states that Florida covers, as well as all the states that Pennsylvania covers. Therefore, it appears that Utah is the next logical permit to obtain (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I saw some posts regarding Utah but the links embedded in those posts seemed dead.

Isnt Missori the one to get? since it actually had more recip than utah? good for 3 years and its cheaper....

look into a mo ccw...

There's a bill in the Utah Legislature this session to essentially discontinue the issuance by remote location non-resident instructors. It seems there have been some shenanigans pulled by some less than scrupulous out of state instructors that have put the reciprocity of Utah permits in jeopardy. The Legislature, it seems, now wants to keep all of the instruction within the borders. The way the bill currently reads (if I remember correctly), Non-residents would still be eligible for permits, but must come to Utah for the class. That could all change in committee though. It would seem that a few bad apples have made a mockery of what was a pretty good thing.
Bottom line...if you have an opportunity to get one NOW, I'd do it.
S.

Check out utahconcealedcarry.com. I think there are instructors who travel out of state to teach classes. If you have a big enough group, I'm sure you could get one to come to you. It does have to be "face to face" instruction, however. You might also check out KSL.com classifieds (local Utah classifieds) and see if anything turns up.

Good info thanks!

I know in NV that though they accept certain states permits for non-residents when visiting (i.e. if you have an AZ permit you can use that to carry when in NV) that as a resident of NV you MUST have a NV permit.

So if you move there from AZ you still have to get a NV permit even though NV recognized your AZ as a non-resident of NV.

Just another form of taxation in my mind, they are trying to get as much $$$ out of you in fees as possible.

So it is nice that even if you are a resident of ID that you can use your out of state permit (i.e. WA or UT permit) to carry in ID.

I'll probably grab a UT permit in the next few months so that I have that when I move up there. Then I might just grab an ID permit anyways since it is so easy and cheap.

I just applied for my Utah permit. You have to take a class, which cost me $85.00 and lasted 8 hours +. Be fingerprinted, send a photo, a copy of your drivers license and any other permits. (Instructor said this helps). There is a background check of course, by the FBI. It is -for a resident of Pa.-the next license to acquire in terms of coverage. it is cheaper than Florida. The renewals are every 5 years and cost $10.00 as compared to Florida's $107. Hope this helps. Wait til the Utah BCI website is up again and there is a link to out of state instructors.

Try John Vith:

www.utahbcicertifiedinstructor.com

If you 'google' Utah non-resident permit classes, you will find quite a few results that may be close enough for you to get to from Delaware.

I just applied for my Utah permit. You have to take a class, which cost me $85.00 and lasted 8 hours +. Be fingerprinted, send a photo, a copy of your drivers license and any other permits. (Instructor said this helps). There is a background check of course, by the FBI. It is -for a resident of Pa.-the next license to acquire in terms of coverage. it is cheaper than Florida. The renewals are every 5 years and cost $10.00 as compared to Florida's $107. Hope this helps. Wait til the Utah BCI website is up again and there is a link to out of state instructors.

Try John Vith:

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor

Is there a "written" test for the UT class? Seems like a lot to remember over 8 hours. If there is one, is it Open Book?

I sent my application Return Receipt Requested. Mailed it on the 22nd-they received it on the 28th due to the holiday and sent me the receipt back on the 28th. I got it today-New Years Eve. Let's see how long it takes. Happy New Year to all.

Is there a "written" test for the UT class? Seems like a lot to remember over 8 hours. If there is one, is it Open Book?

No written test, but I believe live fire is required. Either that or FL required live fire. I took one class that covered FL and UT.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back