I just applied for a concealed weapons permit in ND. Hopefully this answers some questions.
- You can pick up the aplication at the sheriffs office in the courthouse above the jail.
- Fill out everything you can.
- If you live within city limits go to the Police station for a records review. It took me like 5 min and the Chief was not even there.
- Call Chuck Skager to set up a test (839-3462). Its an open book test and costs $25. Its normaly on Saturdays at 8am. Chuck is awsome. He has over 35 years of law enforcement experiance. He has many stories and is very helpfull so call him if you have any questions.
- Chuck also offers the other 2 things you need, 2 passport photos and 2 fingerprint cards. The cards are $16 at the jail and the pics probably cost $10 at CVS. Chucks one stop shop is $25 for both.
- Once you have the photos, fingerprint cards, and filled out application turn everything in to the sheriffs office with a $25 check to NDAG for the application fee.