How Old For CCW?

josh8955

Hi Im 20 years old and I need to know how old you have to be to hold a ccw permit in Indiana. I have heard that it is 18 as well as 21. Can some one please clear this up for me. Thank You:)

Eighteen:

From Indiana code:

Link Removed

The superintendent may not deny a license under this section because the information required under this subsection is unavailable at the time the superintendent would otherwise issue a license. The state police department may accept private donations or grants to defray the cost of printing and mailing the information required under this subsection.
(g) A license to carry a handgun shall not be issued to any person who:
(1) has been convicted of a felony;
(2) has had a license to carry a handgun suspended, unless the person's license has been reinstated;
(3) is under eighteen (18) years of age;
(4) is under twenty-three (23) years of age if the person has been adjudicated a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult; or

No problem. I've got a load of Hoosier in-laws, and live in KY. The laws there are about the same as here. I wish we had that lifetime CCW though.

I wondered the same thing about FL. I read till my eyes bleed but, I was looking for something else and I thought it was the same in FL.

I had mine at 19 in VA. Now one of my buddies want his CCW but, he's 20. Anyone happen to know?

18 to under 21 CCW

In most States it's 21 to apply, MO is warped with it being 23 to apply. MO residents get around that requirement by getting any CCW as MO is a we honor all State with no age requirements for recognition. The rationale for age is that you can't buy a concealable firearm until you're 21 or over.

If you live in a we honor all State with no statutory age requirements for reciprocity or residency then you can get a ND, NH and then a ME if you need it. Those are the three big non-resident CCWs that are shall issue at 18. You have to get any CCW before applying for a non-resident NH.

FL and VA is 21 or over. You cannot legally CCW in FL even on a reciprocal CCW unless you're 21 or over. I don't believe VA has that requirement as MT made the VA list. MT is shall issue at 18.

It's unfortunate that the federal law on the purchase of handguns from FFLs requires purchasers to be 21, whereas Indiana only requires LTC holders to be 18. I never understood what it is about handguns, even one-shot derringers, that lawmakers make the legal purchase 21 for them, while long gun purchasers only have to be 18.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back