How often do you carry?

Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

• Total voters
]There are bedside handguns/flashlights for me and the wife, and a Benelli M1 in my closet. There are several handguns hidden in various parts of the house, as well as the carguns in both vehicles. Although I can't carry at work, my Glock 23/Crimsontrace GLS combo is always locked in my car for trips to and from. Apart from GFZs, I carry everywhere I go, and sometimes those places too........concealed means concealed, right?

had to pick "other"

If I'm going to work, I don't carry as so many places consider that "unprofessional". Otherwise...BANG BABY!

I carry at home its part of my dress pants on gun on, and Definitely when I walk out the door if there are places where I'm not allowed to carry I don't visit those places, I have had a Gun put to my head and in my face 3 times and that was 20 years ago after those incidents I started carrying and have been every since . I will never allow anyone else to put a Gun to my head or a member of my Family ever again. I work in the Private security Field and the current site is not armed but I have informed my Supervisor that I have a GFL and I will carry and not put myself in the Position to not be able to defend myself ever again!

I carry ALL THE TIME. And let's be honest...sometimes we end up carrying where we legally are prohibited. For example, the Unversity near where I live has a no-gun policy, and, in fact, we are prohibited by law from carrying in school. Fine...but what do I do when I am simply driving across campus to get to the other side of town? I'm not about to detour around, so there ya go. I am basically a law-abiding citizen (or I would not have been granted a CCW), but the laws sometimes just dont make sense (I mean, GF Zones, come on! ).QUOTE]

Actually I know in the state of VA it is legal to drive through University Campus if you are going somewhere else. Also it is legal in the state of VA to carry on the throuroughfare through K-12 if you are picking up your kids, you have to stay in your car, or stand directly by it and cant go inside, abut you dont have to detour if your driving past any school in VA. Not sure where you live however I know the law of VA, and all of that is completely legal and could be similar in your state. :biggrin:

]Just trying to get an idea of how often you guys carry on your persons.

I would rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :biggrin:

Actually I know in the state of VA it is legal to drive through University Campus if you are going somewhere else. Also it is legal in the state of VA to carry on the throuroughfare through K-12 if you are picking up your kids, you have to stay in your car, or stand directly by it and cant go inside, abut you dont have to detour if your driving past any school in VA. Not sure where you live however I know the law of VA, and all of that is completely legal and could be similar in your state. :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I heard South Carolina Is going to this law starting in July of this year. If any one knows please let me know for sure.:confused:

Gun Free Zone? No Weapons Allowed? Concealed Handguns Prohibited?

What good is a sign without proper enforcement?

What is this the honor system?

We don't allow guns in here , however we don't check so if you want to bring one in that's OK too.

Who's checking to be sure someone is not bringing a firearm into a GFZ?

As an honest citizen I'm supposed to leave mine in the car? While Chuckie just walks in and shoots up the place?

Is the sign written in different languages so our foreign friends can understand also?

I always carry, always... In the society we live in today you never know, I am in no way paranoid, just acutely aware of my surroundings, and very protective of my family. Even at home, I don't care if it's the Kirby guy trying to sell me a vacuum cleaner or the local firedude selling tickets for a chicken dinner, all unexpected visitors are greeted by an armed homeowner, sometimes it's visible sometimes it's not.

I agree. I carry always. Even the local mall where there are signs on all the doors except the entrance to
the sporting goods store. The sporting goods store entrance to the main mall is not placarded. Therefore
I only enter through that store & I'm not in violation

Carry a Sig 226 9mm all steel, with white factory aluminum grips, and one of the new flush fitting 20rd mags as a back up. I think I speak for everyone when I say the 226 is the best combat 9mm ever! With the CZ-75 taking a close second.

I use Corbon 125gr +P.

In my 642 I use Hornady 125gr.

I carry my Sig P220 Carry or Star PD (both .45's) with me wherever I go, except on the rare occasion when I have to enter a location that could get me arrested for CCW - then I leave the gun in the car. At home, if I'm not CCW, there is a weapon close at hand in the 2 rooms where I spend most of my time.

As I have become partially disabled since I got my CCW, I don't go out much, but I always carry.

My company (which is placarded) let's me work from home, now, so I'm typing this in my big robe, with a ready-to-rock Seecamp .380 in one robe pocket, 2 mags in a nylon holster in the other and my Kimber Aegis II beside me on the workstation by my bed.

Link Removed

I carry all the time; in today's world you have to be a ACLU card carring member. In PA I have a Concealed Permit and
a ACT 235.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back