How often do you carry?

Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

• Total voters

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Just trying to get an idea of how often you guys carry on your persons.

P.S. I tried to change the last option, the one that says other, to infrequently, but can't figure out how. So if the frequency with which you carry is "infrequently or never," choose other.

Last edited:
That depends on what I have to do...
Going around the corner for milk & bread, then home, most likely not.
Going Downtown muder city for a Red Wing Game :nhl_checking:, Reluctantly, I usually do not. Going downtown to the hospital, absolutely. Even tho hospitals ar PFZ, Parking lot is ok.

If you have a Firearms Permit, CCP, whatever your state calls it, and you do not carry; that, in my opinion, is the same as registering to vote - then not voting. I have a permit - therefore I carry. It does not matter whether I am going to get gas for my truck, going to WalMart, or going out to eat. I did not get my permit as a "Sometimes" responsibility; because if anyone thinks that they will be able to pick the time and / or place that they may be required to use deadly force, - they are wrong. If or when it happens, it probably will not be when you think it.(Just my feelings)

My pistol leaves the nightstand when I leave the bed. It is either strapped to me, or at least in the room with me when I don't strap it on. When I leave the house, it is with me. Unless I'm going somewhere where it is illegal to carry, I have it. When I go to a GFZ, the pistol stays in my truck until I return.

By the way, I choose option #2. For me, however, since I don't own a car, if I am going to a gun free zone (which is rare; there are very few GFZs here in the Hoosier State), I have to leave my gun at home.

Religiously whenever I leave the house. At home I have at least one in the room that I am in. If I have to go out side for some reason even though I do not leave the yard most of the time I have one with me. You do not know when you walk out side what you will run in to out there. If I leave the house to go anywhere, either by car or foot, I am armed. I never leave my home with out it. Unless something changes to make me clairvoyant that is the way I will always operate.

I carry even at home, just so when I am leaving to go some where it's on my person just like my pants.

Besides, Trouble Never Makes An Appointment

I carry wherever I can.

I can't carry at work, but all most every wher else. After all it is concealed carry, right?

I have one within arms reach at all times. When I get up its part of dressing for the day. The only time it's not near me is when I have to go in somewhere it's not allowed. I'm not paranoid but you don't know who's around the corner or by your front door. Too many stories out there not to be prepared.

I carry everywhere I can. The only time I don't carry, besides where it's prohibited by law, is when my old friend Arthur Itis visits my back when I'm at home. Then I have my pistol beside me on the table, arm of the couch, etc.

I'm very fortunate..... in a way. I work for the feds, so I can't carry on the grounds, but I stop at the guardhouse, and check my handgun on the way in, and pick it up on the way out. The pistol is in a steel cabinet, and I supply the padlock. I ocassionally shoot with all the cops on post, so the situation, while not perfect, beats having to leave tha pistol at home. The rest of the time, if I'm awake, I carry.

I can't carry at work

I can't carry at work soooooooo.........

I carry every other legal oppurtunity.

EVERYTIME I leave the house. I've worn it at home outside in the yard and SOMETIMES but very rarely in the house.

Some may disagree with my choice to carry 24/7, even at home, that is certainly their right. I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent human being who has the ability to read, write and speak English, the language of our land. I also have the ability to think for myself, and form what I consider to be an informed decision concerning the safety of myself and my wife. I have read lately about the increase in the number of home invasions where people are murdered, such as the one where the guy murdered eight people, set a fire to try to cover the crime, got severely burned and committed suicide. If someone knocks on my door, believe me that I am prepared to meet force with force, if need be. I refuse to be a victim. Something I do consider quirky, I have applied to our city to join their police department's volunteer Senior Patrol. I do not think they allow Senior Patrol persons to carry. Go figure.

Last edited:
I go to the barn every morning at 4:30 AM right after my blue jeans go on my CCW is second.

I can't carry at work but it isn't far away.

The next logical question is how many make sure they also slip that CCW permit into their jammies when they get up to check that thump in the dark? Inside your home not such a big to put both together while calling 911. U can be sure that the LEO(s) who respond will ask "Where was your CCW permit when U shot the BG!" Out and about no big, in your back-yard or detached garage at 2am in a dressing gown or PJ's with a .45 dispatching a BG may entail running somewhere to make that happen. Leaving the scene or what? No big if no nosey neighbor tells officer Snoopy that you ran away from the guy U just shot not waited for the cops to arrive, I guess "I ran to call 911" works and may be true? I don't know the answer to that legal quandary. I am sure I'll get a reply or a flame, think about it in a court of law terms B 4 you slam out a 1-liner :nono:

C-L

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back