How often do you carry?

Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

• Total voters
Always in my pocket (front right) when I leave the house. In the house I usually keep it in my pocket when I am home and the front door is open (screen locked). When I'm home and locked in, then it's usually on a table near me. I don't worry so much at home where I live. Some of this may depend on where people reside.

Unfortunately I cannot carry most of the time. I have an office job in a work place that prohibits guns within the building. I don't like the idea of leaving my sidearm in the car during the day. I also have kids involved in alot of school activites and carrying on school property being a big no no keeps from doing so. So about the only time I carry is at home, when we go shopping and general out and about banging around.

I carry ALL THE TIME,EVERYWHERE,NO MATTER WHAT.
Even if a job says you can't,what they don't know,can't hurt them.
The worse thing that could happen,is you loose your job,but not your life.
How many times have you heard of a disgruntled employee shooting everyone???
:yu:

24-7 except when in bed (then it's close by), or in restricted bldgs. (no, I don't agree with gun free zones.......really free fire zones for criminals....,but I do try to obey the laws, and work to change foolish ones).

The answer to the question about "Ossama's" efforts to ban conceald carry are, likely obvious; but maybe we should not put them in writing just now??

Take care.

Stealth carry

Like many here, My employer does not allow carying in the bldg, parking garage, etc. Since I take a bus, leaving it in my car is useless, so more often than not, it's in my carry bag along with my Bible, papers, etc.
The word concealed means just that. The only time it would come out of the bag would be to save my life, or another's, other than that it's out of sight.

I understand folks' reluctance to write openly about carry decisions in the face of an eventual government crack down, which I believe is imminent. However, there comes a time to stand up and be counted. I believe that time is upon us. I mean, we now live in a country where what we THINK can subject us to criminal and civil litigation (hate crimes) and where we have a ruling aristocracy (Dems & Repubs alike), who do not live by the same laws that they impose on the rest of us. (Don't even get me started about the trillion dollar Porkulus bill.)
The basis of the 2nd Amendment is that we are armed in order to fight an oppressive government. Sounds harsh, but there it is.

For the record, 99.99% of the time, I carry legally. However, I have carried (or at least had a weapon close by) all my life, legal and otherwise. My concern is that a lot of folks are "giddy" about having a CCW permit, think it's cool to carry, as long as the gov't says it's ok. Personally, "from my cold dead fingers" is the creed I follow and I don't give a rat's ass what the gov't says. Live free or die.

Last edited:
I carry whenever I set foot out of the house. If there is a place that won't let me carry, be it open or otherwise, then I don't frequent those places.

I understand folks' reluctance to write openly about carry decisions in the face of an eventual government crack down, which I believe is imminent. However, there comes a time to stand up and be counted. I believe that time is upon us. I mean, we now live in a country where what we THINK can subject us to criminal and civil litigation (hate crimes) and where we have a ruling aristocracy (Dems & Repubs alike), who do not live by the same laws that they impose on the rest of us. (Don't even get me started about the trillion dollar Porkulus bill.)
The basis of the 2nd Amendment is that we are armed in order to fight an oppressive government. Sounds harsh, but there it is.

For the record, 99.99% of the time, I carry legally. However, I have carried (or at least had a weapon close by) all my life, legal and otherwise. My concern is that a lot of folks are "giddy" about having a CCW permit, think it's cool to carry, as long as the gov't says it's ok. Personally, "from my cold dead fingers" is the creed I follow and I don't give a rat's ass what the gov't says. Live free or die.

JJFlash, you are my hero.

I carry just about 24/7. yes even when I sleep I keep my glock sitting no further than arms reach at all times.

If you have a Firearms Permit, CCP, whatever your state calls it, and you do not carry; that, in my opinion, is the same as registering to vote - then not voting.)

I'm glad you said that. I can't recall if it was something I read recently, or why you just reminded me of it, but didn't there used to be something called a "Poll Tax" which was created to keep minorities who couldn't afford it away from the polls? And wasn't it found unconstitutional to make people PAY to exercise a constitutional right?

So how do they get off charging us for gun permits?

dont have to carry in our area is very safe but going out of the area i do just in case.but always have one ready just in case at home,if things change i would carry one.

How many times have you heard of a disgruntled employee shooting everyone???
:yu:
That is the irony behind the Post Office being a GFZ. Mailing a package could get you killed.

Right now, anywhere it's legal, I have it. Going into a gun free building, it stays in the car while I'm inside.

In the event that CCW would be banned, all bets are off, and the only place I wouldn't keep it on me would be in a building where I know there is a metal detector.

How often do i carry?

Its part of getting dressed for me. If i have pants on, i have a gun on. We have had several home invasions with the last few months several blocks away. A gun in the other room serves no purpose.

I have one near me in whichever room I'm in. When I go out of the house, I'm carrying. Except for work, where it is not allowed. I avoid GFZs like the plague.

We had a local KFC/Taco Bell that decided to become a GFZ and put up 'No Guns' stickers on the doors. I have not been there since, not even through the drive-thru. And neither have all the on-duty and off-duty cops that used to practically live there. I have to wonder how much money they have lost as a result of their decision??
Not to mention all the free "protection" provided by the cops just being there.

When I'm home or around town doing errands, then I usually carry my gun. I work four jobs (had to since my husband lost his job last year). One of the four will allow me to carry (at least it was in the policy the last time I read the employee handbook... I haven't read it recently, so I hope that policy hasn't changed). The other three jobs don't allow guns (although there were a few times I did carry at one of them in spite of their policy -- shhhh).

My church doesn't allow guns either, but I've carried several times there anyway.

I'm a female, so I hate carrying in my purse (although it is designed for that purpose). I prefer to carry with a IWB holster or a bodyband holster. (If I wear a dress, I carry my gun in a thigh holster.)

- Ceicei

I don't think I can divide my life into safe and unsafe times. I've had a permit for 36 years and I've carried almost every day. Restricted areas? I don't go. When I travel I do so by car. I conceal well enough that no one with me knows I'm packing even though it is a 1911.

I haven't received my permit yet...on its way...when I'm home its with me all the time. When my permit comes...I will be armed all the time.

I chose "other" since if I go across the road to my brother's house, i'm more likely to get hit by a car than to have to draw my weapon I would think. And he's usually tolerable so I don't think i'd have a reason to shoot my brother, but of course I do live in Kentucky:no:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back