How many spare rounds to carry?

How many spare rounds do you carry?

• Total voters

Deserteagle

No matter where Im going, whether I am going to the grocery store or simply walking in my back yard, I carry at least 100 rounds of .40SW. With 15 round magazines, I carry 1 mag in my gun, 1 in my left pocket, 3 on my belt, 1 on my ankle, and 1 in my right pocket. When I open carry, I carry even more ammo because if I am going to deter crime, I need to really show that I am ready to defend myself with my 100+ rounds. If I conceal carry, I carry just a couple rounds less. I also keep a box of ammo in my back pocket just in case I need to reload. I also carry multiple speed loaders just in case I have to reload or if a speed loader breaks.

230therapy

No matter where Im going, whether I am going to the grocery store or simply walking in my back yard, I carry at least 100 rounds of .40SW. With 15 round magazines, I carry 1 mag in my gun, 1 in my left pocket, 3 on my belt, 1 on my ankle, and 1 in my right pocket. When I open carry, I carry even more ammo because if I am going to deter crime, I need to really show that I am ready to defend myself with my 100+ rounds. If I conceal carry, I carry just a couple rounds less. I also keep a box of ammo in my back pocket just in case I need to reload. I also carry multiple speed loaders just in case I have to reload or if a speed loader breaks.

I could never carry that many magazines. I'd lose at least one or two everyday. Why not just duct tape them to your shirt? You can be all "tactical" and have "bullet slowing down" armor at the same time.

jsimmons

I use 1911's exclusively. Day-to-day, I carry two spare mags. In a SHTF situation, I would carry six spares (enough for 50 rounds, if you count the already loaded mag and the cartridge that's already in the pipe). I also have seven magazines for each of my AR 15's (210 rounds total, on hand at any given time).

jim fox

I must say - I'm impressed.

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Deserteagle:228649 said:

Lol funny how some just can't get over OC...even on threads that have nothing to do with it. Good job bud!

sixgun_symphony

Right now I got the basic combat load for my M-16 as I am currently in Afghanistan. But when I am home I usually got six rounds in my Detective Special and have two "speed strips" of six rounds each.

BRBruce

Double stack magazines, I usually carry one extra. Single stacks, I may carry two. I tell my students that carry semi-auto to try and carry at least one extra mag. Sometimes magazines malfunction or you may drop it on the move.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoesmith