How many open carry revolvers?

Do you open carry a revolver?

• Total voters

sixgun_symphony

Just curious, how many here choose the revolver for open carry?

BTW, I sometimes use the phrase "bottom feeder" for automatics because the cartridges come up from the bottom of the magazine. Thus "bottom feeders" to annoy the guys who insist that revolvers are outdated.

LOL @ "bottom feeders" - that's pretty funny.

I can't open carry here in Mass...but would probably alternate between revolver and auto just like when I conceal. I guess that makes me bi?

I had to vote auto because that is what I carry 95% of the time. If I am going to a special function, I will wear my "Sunday go to meetin'" gun, 1851 Navy cap and ball revolver. I picked up a leather holster in Iraq for my M-9. It has the Iraqi leather company's name on the back. Funny, though, the snap on the retention strap is the "Great Seal of the State of Oklahoma"! When I got home from Iraq, I discovered my "Iraqi" leather holster from Oklahoma fits the 1851 Navy almost perfectly, so that is what I carry it in.

Although I carry a auto 95% of the time I do carry a colt python 357 some of the time, lest you feel revolvers are slow or outdated you might look up Bob Munden.

Both. Too bad its not a choice above. S&W 586 6" when in Virginia City, NV in a low slung cowboy rig just to blend in with all the other wheel guns. :)

Living in VA I can carry open or concealed...I often carry open with my Ruger GP100 in .357Mag.

I'm not an OC (given that, we won't go "into" the dead horse beating..... again.), but I do like to carry my Ruger .357 SP 101 IWB, when it is the most likely candidate to carry given weather and appropriate clothing considerations.

My wife always "carries" her S&W .357, and has my Taurus tracker 7 shooter for her first response home defender. (She thinks the less muss and fuss with the revolver versus an auto for quick, surprise battle mode suits her better.) Since she is a dead shot with wheel guns, better than with autos.... I'll let her keep her preferances just the way she likes them.

Old Samurai saying: Never tick off a crack shooter. Discretion being the better part of valor.

GG

I will carry my SP101 about 50% of the time. It is much lighter than my 1911 which I carry the other 50%. They are both carried OWB an sometimes they show.

I carry a Glock 20 90% of the time, but I own a beautiful S&W Performance Center 629 VComp 3" with sexy wood grips that I sometimes carry (not much, it cost too much to subject it to too much carry abuse). My local gun store guy always laughs when I come in with it. They require pistols be unloaded on entry, so there I am standing at the front door by their unload bucket tipping it up and dropping 6 44 magnum Remington Rangers in my hand and closing the cylinder back up in front of a bunch of Glock Fan Boys. Even though I'm a Glock Fan Boy myself, it is kinda fun some times to poke at them there are plenty of other quality firearms in the world.

Oh yeah, if you're wondering about how it would be to shoot a short barreled .44 magnum with smooth wood grips, first shot hurts, second shot usually rips the skin off the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, third shot usually opens up some blood. To keep up practice I put on a Hogue rubber grip and wear gloves when shooting it. The compensator pattern spews out some massive flash so I put up with some pain to light up the range.

When it comes to open carry it's always my Ruger New Vaquero .357 in it's High Plains Drifter Rig. People don't feel threatened when they see a western gun & rig, it's always wow, that's really nice, cool, looking good,etc., but never anything negative.
Link Removed

Your poll needs another option, like "both." I have a revolver and several semi-auto pistols. I don't exclusively carry either. I split it about 50/50. For nostalgia reasons, I like to carry my Ruger Police Service Six, .357 magnum. It was the first major caliber handgun I owned. It was also what I started packing when I first started working as a security officer. Even now, I sometimes carry it on duty, as well as when I'm off.

Big Gay Al's Bi-Open Carry techniques? :biggrin:
Something like that. :biggrin: I find as I get older, while I still want power, I want something lighter too. Oddly enough, the Ruger .357 magnum is lighter than most of the full size semi-auto pistols I've carried.

When it comes to open carry it's always my Ruger New Vaquero .357 in it's High Plains Drifter Rig. People don't feel threatened when they see a western gun & rig, it's always wow, that's really nice, cool, looking good,etc., but never anything negative.
Link Removed

I like that. I really like the avatar.

Lately I have been carrying my new to me s&w 66 no dash in place of my 1911 but there is always a 642 or 042 in a pocket both would have been a nice option for your poll.

They require pistols be unloaded on entry, so there I am standing at the front door by their unload bucket tipping it up and dropping 6 44 magnum Remington Rangers in my hand and closing the cylinder back up in front of a bunch of Glock Fan Boys.

Quite sure I would not be a customer of an establishment that
requires me to disarm as a condition of potentially spending my money there.

I will OC a revolver on occasion when I finally get one. Will probably pick up my first Colt after Christmas.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back