How many have you seen carrying openly?

3 including myself, one is a regular courier that deliver what looks like mail to my Doctor's office but his not a postal worker or at least he doesn't wear their uniform.

I live in an "Open Carry" state, but I carry concealed with multiple permits. The biggest danger I see in open carry is someone can just as easily come up and take your gun as they can steal your wallet.

I live in an "Open Carry" state, but I carry concealed with multiple permits. The biggest danger I see in open carry is someone can just as easily come up and take your gun as they can steal your wallet.

Unsubstantiated fear mongering....just like the antis.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

You open carry your wallet?? I am confused.

Lets say this guy walks into a MS13 garage sale. No one else there, as he is looking at junk, a tire iron breaks his skull open. They drive the car into the garage, and this guys wife and kids never see him again. It is as if he vanished.
I guess I should ask the expert.
So tell us, oh Great One, how would this have happened differently had our hapless victim been secretly armed? He'd still have had his skull crushed by a tire iron or whatever and he'd still be 'disappeared'.

Are you saying that looking like a sheep will keep the wolves away?

Lets say this guy walks into a MS13 garage sale. No one else there, as he is looking at junk, a tire iron breaks his skull open. They drive the car into the garage, and this guys wife and kids never see him again. It is as if he vanished.

This could happen. I often see gang bangers having garage sales. :rolleyes:

You open carry your wallet?? I am confused.

You just made my point. Nobody that I know of carries their wallet out on their belt for all to see. But pick-pockets steal them everyday. The same goes with Open carry. If some one sees you are wearing a gun on your hip and they feel they can over power you and take it, they will. And don't think you are invincible just because you have a gun. It doesn't make you Superman. There have been cases where even the police have had someone take their guns. Thankfully rare, but documented. Concealed means concealed, open carry means you're open to be targeted. And, if some person or persons takes your gun, you're likely to be his first shooting victim. It is legal to open carry in my state, but the only time I do it is when working on my own property.

If some one sees you are wearing a gun on your hip and they feel they can over power you and take it, they will. open carry means you're open to be targeted. if some person or persons takes your gun, you're likely to be his first shooting victim.

Link Removed

Because we all know how brave and daring the bad dude is!
Why, he would just swoop in and before you know it...

BAM!

This very skilled bad guy has managed to strip you off your gun and he's just gonna shoot sh!t up now!

It's all true too because it's on the news every day.... Right?

Open carriers are getting their guns taken, in broad daylight, by these brazen bad guys.... Right?

Wrong!

Unsubstantiated fear mongering.

You just made my point. Nobody that I know of carries their wallet out on their belt for all to see. But pick-pockets steal them everyday.

I see hundreds of people carrying their $500 phones on their belt, never seen someone overpower and take the phone.

Also, it seems concealing your wallet does nothing to stop them from stealing it...just like your firearm.

My phone case is my wallet. No one has ever tried taking my wallet or my firearm or my phone.

The same goes with Open carry. If some one sees you are wearing a gun on your hip and they feel they can over power you and take it, they will. And don't think you are invincible just because you have a gun. It doesn't make you Superman. There have been cases where even the police have had someone take their guns. Thankfully rare, but documented.

It's rare, but documented, that concealed carriers get their firearms taken too. What's not rare, is for concealed carriers to get picked as victims. Just because you conceal, doesn't mean you're a ninja.

Concealed means concealed, open carry means you're open to be targeted. And, if some person or persons takes your gun, you're likely to be his first shooting victim.

Open carry means power. Concealed carry means weak and unarmed. If the criteria for choosing a victim is whether or not they can overpower their target...I'll take my chances not looking weak and unarmed.

Of the 5 possible incidents of an open carrying civilian being targeted, I recall 1 of them being shot after giving chase ... So no, that is not likely to happen.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

If you get your skull crushed by a gang banger with a crowbar because you're focused on his garage sale, you are not aware enough to be carrying openly or concealed. When you're carrying, you need to pay attention.

Even after a couple of months have gone by of having my "permission slip", being more noticeable to it now that I carry a concealed sidearm, I think the only time I've ever seen someone open carry was a guy in his own gun store down here where I live. If I had to guess, I would think it's more than likely because there's a lot of gun free businesses in the small towns that are nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did see a guy the other day in town who was open carrying. Down here where I live you don't see it that often. At least I don't.

I get too hot in the Summer to wear my cover shirt over a t-shirt. I often take my cover shirt off when I'm in the truck. It's not at all unusual for me to exit the truck to fill it with gasoline and not be concealing. I live outside of Norman in the country and if I go to the "corner store" in our neighborhood to pick something up, I seldom cover. Other than that, I'm covered all the time.

I saw a husband and wife "team" (with baby along) both carrying open in Lowes in Moore last week.

I get too hot in the Summer to wear my cover shirt over a t-shirt. I often take my cover shirt off when I'm in the truck. It's not at all unusual for me to exit the truck to fill it with gasoline and not be concealing. I live outside of Norman in the country and if I go to the "corner store" in our neighborhood to pick something up, I seldom cover. Other than that, I'm covered all the time.

I saw a husband and wife "team" (with baby along) both carrying open in Lowes in Moore last week.
I did it once in toledo ohio with my wife carrying also and my kids with us seen one cop crew and they just smiled and nodded...probably thinking look at those two idiots lol....but now we have our permit....and i print 99% of the time im sure alotta people know im packing!!lol oh well hard to hide a full size 1911 but i can shoot a-1 with it so oh well..

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back