How Many have taken additional training?

How many do additional training?

• I have a personal trainer almost daily

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Every chance I get

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Once or Twice a year

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I've taken one

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Just at the range

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I will someday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who needs it I'm BATMAN

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Sheldon

I just finished up with weekend training session on how to neutralize disarm, and not get shot or stabbed by an BG, I have managed to take at least on additional hands on course each year now for as long as I have been carrying.

Yes I know it is an added expense in todays world of over priced stuff but how much is your loved ones and your life worth to you? SHTF can happen any time you walk out the door, N I was curious as to how many of us make the effort to get an edge?

Depends on what kind of training you're talking about, I suppose. Additional firearms tactical training, or general weapons, martial arts...??

I have had some martial arts and several shooting classes. Still would like much more as time allows.

I am a retired Marine Scout Sniper. I didn't answer the poll because my training goes well beyond what was given for answers. I have taken too many to count pistol classes, professional self-defense classes.

I am a retired Marine Scout Sniper. I didn't answer the poll because my training goes well beyond what was given for answers. I have taken too many to count pistol classes, professional self-defense classes.

That puts you in a class with BATMAN so there is a category for you...

Last edited:
I have experience that also goes above that of the questions, but still believe in continued training to stay fresh and prepared.

Anyone who thinks they are Batman needs more training! (and a shrink too!)

I've had a lot and no where near enough. If I could afford it, I'd be in some kind of class several times a year but this year I'm only heading to one at Front Sight in October.

Because of my work schedule (seven days a week, haven't had a day off since 10/22/2006), the only kind of training I'm able to do is at the range every once in a while. Being a security guard makes it all the more important for me to get a lot of practice, and I really should get more, but I think I'm going to need to get another job (one with some days off) before I can get the amount of practice I should be getting. Nevertheless, with the amount I have had, I consider myself a good shot.

Anyone who thinks they are Batman needs more training! (and a shrink too!)

I've had a lot and no where near enough. If I could afford it, I'd be in some kind of class several times a year but this year I'm only heading to one at Front Sight in October.

I took a course at Front Sight. I loved it, and I know you will, too.

I'm in the same boat as you; I'd take more, but I just can't afford it.

Think I've answered on another site but:

Practical concealed carry

Air Force rifle (M-16)
Air Force Pistol
Air Force Shotgun

Personal training from instructors at the range

Twenty Years of Military Service

USAF Pistol
USAF M-16 (standard)
USAF Use of deadly force training
1000 yard match at Wendover Utah June of 2005 (I shot a 171 out of 200 in the class F sniper division)
Hunting Bear in AK
Hunting as a kid
shooting targets for fun

Every Range session IS a training session.

Last edited:
Training

26 years Army.
M16 Rifle, multiple versions.
1911 Pistol
M9 9mm Pistol
M60 MG
M2 MG 50 cal
MK19 40mm Auto Grenade Launcher
M203 Single shot 40mm
Couple of years of Reserve Sheriff Training with AR-15, shotgun, 40 cal and 45 cal
Lots of trips to ranges on my own
I try to get to the ranges every few months at a minimum. Doesn't always happen but I try.

Not Batman by a long shot, able and capable, not as good a a sniper either.

That makes two of us. Being a retired Air Force Combat Arms instructor I've taken more classes and have more practical experience on weapons than the average person. Anything from a 38 S&W revolver to a MK-19 full auto grenade launcher. Repair and maintenance, instruction and providing tactical training to SP's and qualification training to all other AF personnel. As an AF instructor we had to maintain a higher proficiency on all weapons and courses of training that we provided. Anything less than an expert rating on was not acceptable. I still pop off a mag or two every day just to get my fix of burnt powder! ;)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back