How many CCW Mag would you carry??

I usually carry 1 spare magazine. I feel that 1-2 magazines is appropriate. There is a point where carrying "excessive" magazines might be a bad idea as a prosecutor could make you out to be bloodthirsty. Most self defense situations are resolved with very few shots and the vast majority of defensive gun use occurs without ANY shots being fired at all.

I carry an extra magazine as a means of dealing with certain types of weapons malfuntions in addition to increasing the amount of shots I carry. I think carrying beyond 2 magazines, particularly if they hold more than 10 rounds each might be viewed in a negative light by a prosecutor or a jury.

I usually carry one spare magazine in case of malfunction of the primary magazine. If I am carrying a revolver, I carry a spare revolver. If I am in the field with my pistol on my web belt, I carry two spares. The second magazine in this case is in the case that I get lost and may need to shoot what I eat for a while. I do not really believe in carrying a "reload" since, realistically, few (if any) civilian encounters (outside of TV) require a reload. If you have not solved your problem with the first few rounds, you are likely dead.

One of the reasons you carry a spare magazine is in case your first one malfunctions. It's not always about the increased round count.

In all the years I've carried I've never had to fire a shot. Based on that I choose to carry a multitool instead of a third magazine (there's only so much space on my belt)

I'll keep that in mind when I pick up a new holster. I'm looking at getting one with the mag pocket.

No matter what the capacity of the self shucker I'm carrying may be, I carry 1 spare mag.

Why?

Because I don't trust 1 single mag enough to bet my life on it working if and when I need it.

9mm with 2 extra 10-rd mags + 1 up the spout = 31 rds. If I'm going into the Big City (Seattle) add a 5-rd .38 snubbie.

I carry one mag in the gun and one extra. And that's a lot. If I'm ever in a situation where I need that much ammo, I shouldn't be there.

Wow Phillip.. You carry up to 60 rounds at one time...that is a lot...!

I only carry 3 mags on any of my CCW carry guns.

G36
PF9
PM9
EMP 40
kimber CDP PRO II
Sig P228

I carry the one in my gun and 2 extras with any gun I carry ....

My standard carry is one handgun and one spare magazine, the main reason for the second magazine is for mechanical failures. (Think spare tire:biggrin:)

If I am heading out on a trip, where I might be away from home for more that a day, I'll load up with a few more magazines and possibly take a pistol caliber carbine (usually a Glock and my SUB-2000).

In regards to the magazine that I carry. I have a Glock 17, Glock 19, and Glock 26, and no matter which handgun I carry, the spare magazine is a 17 round magazine for a Glock 17. That way I'll just grab the pistol I want and a magazine and I don't have to worry what magazine I have. With my setup, I'll never grab the Glock 17 and grab a 15 round magazine for the Glock 19 by mistake that won't work in the 17. I'll carry the Glock 19 with have a 15 round magazine in it and the Glock 26 with have the 10 round magazine in it, but the backup will be a 17 round mag for the Glock 17. (Also ensures compatibility with the SUB-2000 if on a trip)

I just carry whatever's in my pistol. I'll be trying to extract myself from any shooting situation long before I get to the last round.

I generally carry 1 reload with me, Unless i have my 5 shot revolver. Then i carry 2 speed loaders, Plus a speed strip in my pocket for 20 rnds. but is also what is comfortable for you and what suits your purpose.

In general, No one plans to get into a gun fight, But you never know what will happen. I also carry a knife and some other form of non-lethal capability, so that I have options.

My drill sergeant used to always say this: 2 is 1, and 1 is none. So I always carry a spare.

I carry 1 mag the one that's in the gun. There are 15 rounds of .40 and 1 in the chamber for a total of 16 rounds. If you can't put your assailant or assailants down with that many rounds you don't need to be carrying you need to be at the range practicing.

Carry in my person? -- just the ones in my guns (one primary, one BUG) and one extra mags for both, just in case of malfunction...S do happen sometimes and i do not want to get caught in the middle of it. One practice I always do in the basement is changing the mags quickly.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back