• One

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Two or more

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

can2boy

perfect combination

glock 23 in a IWB. right hip between 4 and 5 o'clock. and a 340 PD in a desantis pocket holster.

G50AE

IIRC Jim Cirillo was also a big fan of the M-1 Carbine. He had the chamber of his re-throated to feed Remington branded hollowpoints. This makes sense when you consider the use/context for which the M-1 Carbine was designed, a light weight rifle for short range city fighting.

HK4U

IIRC Jim Cirillo was also a big fan of the M-1 Carbine. He had the chamber of his re-throated to feed Remington branded hollowpoints. This makes sense when you consider the use/context for which the M-1 Carbine was designed, a light weight rifle for short range city fighting.

Also a gun with pretty light recoil making it a firearm that just about anyone in the family can handle it.

G50AE

Yeah, while the carbine was not designed around the idea of law enforcement or home protection, it lends itself well to those roles. I also remember back in the late 1990's gun magazines doing alot of articles on pistol caliber carbine rifles. The idea was that your sidearm would become the backup to your long gun and the two would use comman magazines. I think the idea is still sound, although I don't here it discussed as much these days.

Right U R Ken

Like our permit to carry instructor said-"If you're going somewhere you think you need a back up gun, YOU DON'T NEED TO GO THERE!" Makes a lot of sense to me.

One gun, plus pepper spray, a knife, and sometimes a stun gun.

HK4U

Like our permit to carry instructor said-"If you're going somewhere you think you need a back up gun, YOU DON'T NEED TO GO THERE!" Makes a lot of sense to me.

One gun, plus pepper spray, a knife, and sometimes a stun gun.

The problem with that rational is that I am not clairvoyant so I really do not know where I may need more than one gun any more than I know where I may need one gun. I could reason that if I think I need any gun I should not go there. Pretty soon I might as well stay home.

Right U R Ken

The problem with that rational is...

There's no problem what so ever with that rational. The idea of carrying a gun is for self defense. When you start carrying more than one gun you're getting into the idea of getting into all out gun battles. Places where that happens are places you can intentionally avoid.

Of course, I'm speaking as a everyday civilian. Different story for LEO's.

HK4U

There's no problem what so ever with that rational. The idea of carrying a gun is for self defense. When you start carrying more than one gun you're getting into the idea of getting into all out gun battles. Places where that happens are places you can intentionally avoid.

Of course, I'm speaking as a everyday civilian. Different story for LEO's.

Carrying a gun is for self defense. I just carry two guns for more self defense.:biggrin:

HK4U

By the way the late Jim Cirillo and Ayoob teach, taught their students the importance of a back up gun.

mak2

Every minute of every day (and night) I know where my firearms are. I don't think or worry about the ones in the safe, But my CC is an M&P 40 that I am within arms length or know exactly where it is at 24/7. I don't think I could keep track of 2.

G50AE

I don't think I could keep track of 2.
(OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for displaying a lack of confidence in his or her abilities goes to mak2. Please come up on stage and give a brief acceptance speech, and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.

mak2

(OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for displaying a lack of confidence in his or her abilities goes to mak2. Please come up on stage and give a brief acceptance speech, and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.
Thank you G50AE. Thank you everyone. I did not have a speech prepared...but no, I don't think a back up is nearly as important as simply always having a firearm in reach.

G50AE

Thank you G50AE. Thank you everyone. I did not have a speech prepared...but no, I don't think a back up is nearly as important as simply always having a firearm in reach.
I must admit that that is one of the better acceptance speeches I have heard.

Cyr

Every minute of every day (and night) I know where my firearms are. I don't think or worry about the ones in the safe, But my CC is an M&P 40 that I am within arms length or know exactly where it is at 24/7. I don't think I could keep track of 2.

Me too! Ever since our home was invaded back in October of 1990 I am (almost) never out of reach of my Glock Model 21. (It's on my desk, now, as I type.) I even sleep with it underneath my pillow every night.

Thank you G50AE. Thank you everyone. I did not have a speech prepared ... but no, I don't think a back up is nearly as important as simply always having a firearm in reach.

Here I really have to disagree, and so would Jim Cirillo—the NYPD's famous pistol gunfighter. Cirillo always carried two extra 38 Spl. revolvers in his back pockets whenever he was out on an assignment. You just never know when either a spare backup magazine, or another gun will need to come into play.

With me, and especially in the cold weather months, I've always got either: a 32 Auto, a 380 Auto, or a small 357 Magnum carried in one of my outside coat pockets.

G50AE

Here I really have to disagree, and so would Jim Cirillo—the NYPD's famous pistol gunfighter. Cirillo always carried two extra 38 Spl. revolvers in his back pockets whenever he was out on an assignment. You just never know when either a spare backup magazine, or another gun will need to come into play.
Jim Cirillo said that the fastest reload was another gun. Admittedly he was talking about revolvers.

mak2

Ok, I will listen and could change my mind. But I thought this through years ago. I am a firm believer in being armed all the time. So I will think about it, but lets say even though I practice at the range at least weekly, always fresh ammo, maintain my weapon appropriately I should still have a BUG? But would one back up gun be enough? What if they both jam at once, should I have a little two shot something behind my billfold? Then, should I carry my Buck knife all the time too? I dont know, but I think if you are more comfortable with a back up, you go. I just don't see me handling two firearms all the time.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golferjerry