How long?

BigRossation

How long did it take any of you for the following?:

1.) To get over the nervousness of carrying (printing, maintaining concealment, etc.)

2.) To get comfortable with it on you (acclimating to the weight, feel and such)

3.) To get to the point where it was automatic and natural

4.) To get the point of feeling naked or incomplete without it

1. (printing) After a week in the summer of me constantly asking my wife if I was 'visible'. The answer was always "No". Thanks Crossbreed. I've been carrying for some time now and have never been made. There are several local cops that come into my work place at night. A few weeks ago one of them asked if I was going to get a CCW and start carrying. He was very surprised when I informed him that he had never seen me when I wasn't armed.
2. (comfortable) The same. About a week. Now it feels funny to have clothes on without my weapon onboard.
3. (automatic) Just a few days. Last spring, my wife and I went to Japan for a couple of weeks. Every morning when we got up to go out, I found myself reaching into the nightstand drawer and feeling puzzled because there was no gun waiting for me there.
4. (naked) Real quick. It was no time until I felt like I was walking lopsided while on my way to the shower.

How long did it take any of you for the following?:

1.) To get over the nervousness of carrying (printing, maintaining concealment, etc.)

2.) To get comfortable with it on you (acclimating to the weight, feel and such)

3.) To get to the point where it was automatic and natural

4.) To get the point of feeling naked or incomplete without it

1. Wasn't nervous, just very cognisant.
2. Right away
3. A couple weeks, in public
4. Right away

Long before I had my permit however I would carry/target/drill shoot on my land (100acres) so having it on me was not something to acclimate to.

1. (Printing) I was very paranoid at first. That turned into just a sense of awareness within the first month or so. No one has ever noticed it, as far as I know, and I'm not really worried about it anymore.

2. (Comfort) Within the first week it felt like it was a part of me, to the point where I could forget it was there.

3. (Natural) Like Maxwell said, it is a natural reaction to wake up and reach for the nightstand. When I put on a new pair of pants, I can adjust the holster exactly where it is supposed to be. It's like an extension of my body or something now.

4. (Feel Naked Without It) Probably, took a couple months for me. It is a sense of security that is missing, as well as the physical feeling of the gun. I had a problem with my CC holster awhile ago, I just Open Carried my 1911 while I was waiting on a new holster, good substitute, but not the same.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back