How long was your wait for permit?

Douglas county CO waited 2.5 weeks. They were real fast.

I applied and 17 days later it was in. Then sent off for my Utah non-resident permit on 6/28/2012 and received it 8/17/2012.

El Paso County - Took class in mid-February, had interview (fingerprints, photo, turn in application) with S.O. in June (by appointment only), received permit by mail August 1. But, it's done.

It took me almost 90 days to get my CCW permit. I believe part of the delay was caused by the procedures in the Sheriff's office where I applied. They told me I was approved almost 4 weeks before I got the permit. It took them that long to make the card. Maybe they only make cards once a month, I never found the reason.

Boulder County - I got the call to come in for finger printing 7 weeks after filing all the paperwork. CCW permit in hand less than 60-days after filing and I filed 2 days after the Aurora theater shooting so the number of permits requests were much higher than normal.

PS - Boulder Co does say it out-right that they will take all 90-days before you get your permit. I'm happy they made an exception this month :)

El Paso county, renewal. My permit expires in January and they want us to come in for the renewal at the end of October. The realy sucky part is the new permit will expire in November 2018 which means I lose two months.

Our appointment was on Oct 26th. It took about 10 minutes , no finger prints for a renewal and (and I was really surprised by this) the Sheriff's office wasn't posted.

The secratary that did my application was very nice and she gave my wife and I each a little booklet of Colorado gun laws

Wait time on a CCW permit is a really general question. It varies from state to state and county to county within a state. The requirements also vary. Some states you can almost walk in and get one onthe spot. My state, Delaware, takes a while. We are required to take a NRA CCW approved course, place an ad in a news paper announcing that you are applying for a DECCW,get 5 reference letters from people in your county, get a criminal background/finger print certificate, pictures for the permit, and it all goes throught the Attorney Generals office and the to a Superior Court Judge for signature. Time from county to county varies, even thought we only have 3 counties. The northern county takes usually 3-6 months, the middle county takes 8-10 weeks, and the southern county takes 2-3 months approximately, depending on the time of year. The first permit is for 3 years, after that they are for 5years. You will normally have $235.00 to $500.00 dolars involved, not counting the weapon cost. You have to shop DECCW courses, some are done in 1 day and some are multiple night 2hr courses. Delaware is run by very Liberal Democrats, that doesn't make it any easier.

Don't remember the actual date except April 98' took a 8 hour class on Saturday, on Monday dropped of paperwork, paid the fee, 9 days later had the permit

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back