How long should it take to get CWP back from SLED?

DLB1964

Submitted my info in Oct..I know the form says up to 90 days but I know some people in my CWP class who submitted their apps in Nov and have already got their permits back.

2 guys submitted in late Sept and haven't gotten anything.

Whats up with the randomness?

Wish SLED had a way to go online and check the status.

The wait is killing me!!

Don't forget, and don't get too ansty but haven't those folks been on vacation for a week or two thru the holidays? :):)

KK

I applied in early Sept and it took until the end of November. This is also w/ me being national guard and having a security clearance. Makes no sense.

I got mine in around 65-70 days. You can call the number on their site and they will tell you the received date and tell you it will take 90 days.

Mine took exactly 60 days mailbox to mailbox. The longest I have heard of that has been verified was 92 days mailbox to mailbox and not postmark dates. I have heard rumors (someone BIL heard at the barbershop) of over 100 days but nothing verified over the 92 day mail delay. The quickest I have verified is around 50 days or so. So as the instructor says plan on 90 days and if it gets here sooner think of it as a bonus.

Back to the original question of how long should it take; no more than 30 days maximum but that it not how it works. :)

SLED has stated that since 2008 the HOLD permits so that it gets to ur mailbox @ exactly 90 days.....tho now that they are down on manpower i think they aren't worrying about this as much......

reason they did it was too many ppl calling and complaining that "mr X got his in 34 days why haven't i gotten mine?"......so they started holding them so that they all took 90 days......

** sled processing agent told me they go into a dated box and get mailed when it hits 87 days...........even tho the permits are usually done in about 2-3 weeks.....
but like i said they took a 5-10% staff cut this year so are just working them out when they get to them.....least that's what she told me when i asked....

I don't know what SLED agent told you that but there is nothing to it. I have seen too many people getting theirs is all sorts of time frames to believe that. As for the 2 week deal they have to send the local Sheriff the names of all applicants and they get 7 days right their. Most of the time the Sheriff will not even look at the list unless someone tells him about someone that he needs to reject. If they don't reject someone in the 7 days then they are automatically approved as far as the Sheriff goes. So they just let it run it's course. They also have to send the prints to the FBI and usually that is the biggest holdup.

The SC process is much more lengthy than it needs to be but until the legislature changes the process we can continue to expect the 60-90 day turnaround time. Since SLED has to make some kind of ruling within the 90 day time frame lots of them are held until the last minute if everything has not cleared completely.

I understand that with budget cuts they only have one lady assigned to this department for CWPs.

I got mine on day 94. I figure they held it the full 90 days after the two days it took to receive it in the mail, plus the additional two days to get it to me.

Wanted to update my thread..recieved the CCP on Thursday of last week- thats about 72 days from reciept to my mailbox. not bad when you figure Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years holidays were in the mix.

This entire principal of waiting to exercise a right is completely horrible. Additionally, having to wait 3 MONTHS is completely uncalled for. I received my Oregon permit in 17 days, and my Washington permit in 12.... and I thought THAT was bad.

Nothing regarding the background check should take longer than 5 damned minutes. If I'm ever stopped by an officer for speeding, can I assume that it'll take 90 days for him to run my name and let me go? Seriously.

I've carried concealed for all of my adult life, and the fact that now that I've moved to SC (that doesn't recognize any of my other states permits) I'm all of a sudden not afforded the basic human right of protecting the people that I love... in an unfamiliar area... where it's statistically needed the most.

National reciprocity needs to happen NOW. There should also be a clause allowing someone that moves to the state to expediately transfer their existing permits. After all, they've already been through the exact same chacks.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back