How long for CHL processing?

hugbab

I sent all my stuff in at the end of December. Has any one heard how long they are taking to come back these days?

I assume you are in Texas, and asking about the wait time in Texas. When I got mine a year ago it took about 30 days. Could be a little more, or less now depending on demand at this time.

I assume you are in Texas, and asking about the wait time in Texas. When I got mine a year ago it took about 30 days. Could be a little more, or less now depending on demand at this time.

Thanks. Yes I am Texas. I posted this in the Texas forum but I don't think that was clear.

I figured that, but just wanted to make sure. Guess a few others didn't notice, or didn't care. One would think that a question like this posted in the Texas forum would be asking about Texas time. Welcome to the forum and good luck. Hope you get it soon.

Friend of mine got his in 3 weeks from the day he electronically submitted his "paper work" for TX, another friend did the same thing and it took almost 2 months.
I chose to get my permit through AZ because it was $160 cheaper.... $140 for tx permit plus another 60-80 for the class...
AZ cost me $60 TOTAL. All I to send in was a copy of my TX hunter safety cert.., my finger print cards (AZ doesn't use electronic),and the application plus the $60
Submitted my Application on Dec 5th and received my permit on Dec 19th.
And in 5 yrs it will cost me $40 to renew it for another 5 yrs.

I chose to get my permit through AZ because it was $160 cheaper....

If you decide to go this route, please do so carefully:
From Link Removed
Arizonans with concealed handgun licenses issued by their home state now can legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.

Notice the agreement does not state that non-resident licenses from Arizona will be recognized.

The agreement for Florida, however, states:Link Removed
Texas has signed reciprocal agreements with Florida and Tennessee, allowing citizens with concealed handgun licenses issued by Florida or Tennessee to legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.
Notice here that residency is not a requirement.

Also, if you chose not to take a TX CHL class, be sure to do your own homework and know the TX CHL laws inside and out.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back