Votes: 2 28.6%
  • has to have fixed retention.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • can have either.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Looking into making kydex holsters with a screw(s) for adjustable retention. Right now all my holsters have been fixed retention (riveted and only adjustable if you have a heat source). How important is adjustable retention to you for kydex holsters?

Having the tension adjustable makes it easier to use, but is not a deal breaker for me. I have both and some times on the fixed I wish they had been adjustable.

I've never adjusted mine - and never had a problem. But I "Ain't quite as quick and agile" as I once was so mild retention and gravity are sufficient for the job.

Leaping over buildings with a single bound and johnny woo moves (jumping while firing 2 guns simultaneously) are no longer in my Activities For Daily Living. Other items have replaced them:biggrin:

If you are making your own holster, I would assume you would make it to the tension that you wanted.

However, if you are buying a production made holster where thousands of people will use the same model, I would think having an adjustable retention is the smart way to go.

So I ask, is your poll question for the former type of holster, or the latter?

If you are making your own holster, I would assume you would make it to the tension that you wanted.

However, if you are buying a production made holster where thousands of people will use the same model, I would think having an adjustable retention is the smart way to go.

So I ask, is your poll question for the former type of holster, or the latter?

Both. Since I have the capabilities to adjust tension on fixed holster, I haven't had the need to make an adjustment screw. I have been thinking about incorporating them though...and wanted to see what everyone else prefers.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Both. Since I have the capabilities to adjust tension on fixed holster, I haven't had the need to make an adjustment screw. I have been thinking about incorporating them though...and wanted to see what everyone else prefers.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Once I set my tension to where I wanted it, I never have touched it since. So, I would stand by what I said earlier. If you are making the holster, make it to the tension you want and I wouldn't bother with an adjustment tension screw. The only point of that screw is to have many people who buy the same product adjust it easily. If you aren't making holsters for anyone but yourself, why bother.

I've found the holsters I use change "grip" with the temps. If I'm outside quite a bit, the Kydex stiffens and makes the pull through more difficult. On the other hand, summer heat has the opposite effect so I need to adjust at least a couple of times per year.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back