How Has Unemployment Affected Your Area?

Oldgrunt

Here is a map of the unemployment rate and how it has changed from Feb. 2007 to Feb. 2011. If any of you are wondering why you can't find a job, this will explain it completely.

geographyofarecession

When you tell it to play, it will begin to change from month to month. This tells us openly and clearly two things. 1. The government is lying to us about the current unemployment rate. and 2. The president is the biggest liar of all because he says our economy is beginning to show signs of growth!

I suggest you copy the map URL and send it to everyone on your mailing list so they can get a clear and unadulterated picture of what the jobless rate in America truly is.

You expect the government to give the real numbers even if it makes them look bad? You need to get out in the fresh air and read more of what the main stream media is printing. It's a much better picture. The truth is too depressing. The public can't handle the real numbers. We must look to Washington DC and bow. They have the answers. We must have the courage to believe.:sarcastic:

Although I'm secure in my job, unemployment (and the economy in general) has had a substantial effect on my finances. Most of my income is based on the performance of the businesses I oversee. I've seen my pay drop by 20-25% because people just don't have the money to spend at the bar/restaurants that I manage. While I'm not going to lose my house or have anything repo'd, my disposable income has been reduced substantially. The economy here in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area is based heavily on tourism and on other people's disposable income.

I've been through this before.....not for a while but I know things will come around. Eventually.

You got it! I will help circulate your post...it hasn't affected me yet as I am still working but I know of others whose lives were affected. When "work" becomes work, it is time to hang in the towel and do something else that you enjoy, even if you have to work alone...I did it. Hubby did it, too...Remember we all have the power as individuals to change our own lives.

Man it really sucks here in big d. I lost my insurance job, (making $40k+ a year to a security gig paying $8.00/hour)!

The neighboring city to mine just had a factory close that left 250 people without a job. No notice from the factory either. They went to work and was told they no longer had a job. I have been a cop for awhile now and it seems that crime usually follows the unemployment rate. In the county that I work in, the crime seems to rise when unemployment rises. Most of it is small theft like gas, food, and property easy to pawn. People will do what they have to do to feed their family. That is what I get told when we catch them.

They say the unemployment rate is around 9.8% around the Atlanta area, I believe it is much higher. Many cabinet shops closed down and most trades associated the the build trade have gone out of business. No more traffic jambs like it use to be. I will get thru it because I kept my overhead low as possible.

The government only counts the people filing for unemployment benefits for the first time as unemployed. They don't count the ones already getting benefits or the ones who no longer get benefits and haven't gotten jobs as unemployed. Can't show the true numbers, the subjects might revolt. This would not be good for the chosen one or the main stream media and the progressive liberals.

The government only counts the people filing for unemployment benefits for the first time as unemployed. They don't count the ones already getting benefits or the ones who no longer get benefits and haven't gotten jobs as unemployed. Can't show the true numbers, the subjects might revolt. This would not be good for the chosen one or the main stream media and the progressive liberals.

What really boilings my goose.... being self-employed you don't get to collect unemployment even though you provided jobs.

Tucker's mom said it BEST we all have or had the ability to change our own life you, me,he,she, all made a choice one way or another that got us in our current situation face it EVERYTHING is not the GOVERNMENTS fault let's stop pointing the finger at everyone else for what each of us played a part in ....We all have in some way have taken a hit ( income,property value etc..) We can't change what happened but all of us hold the potential to not to let it repeat itself in our lives !!!

Tucker's mom said it BEST we all have or had the ability to change our own life you, me,he,she, all made a choice one way or another that got us in our current situation face it EVERYTHING is not the GOVERNMENTS fault let's stop pointing the finger at everyone else for what each of us played a part in ....We all have in some way have taken a hit ( income,property value etc..) We can't change what happened but all of us hold the potential to not to let it repeat itself in our lives !!!
Please do not misunderstand my statement. Hubby and I changed our lives (separately) while Obama was still in his short pants. And during the year that Obama came to office, we lost a lot of our investments. So YES! for once I will agree with you -- WE WILL NOT LET THIS REPEAT ITSELF IN OUR LIVES AGAIN!! because my husband and I WILL vote your Obama out of office. Do I make my myself clear now???

I lost my job as a trimmer in the furniture industry March 26, 2009. I decided to go to college as the furniture jobs have seen wages steadily drop over the last few decades and I was ready to get out. I signed up for my unemployment and drew it for two months before classes started. The unemployment office told me that I could keep on drawing my unemployment insurance as long as I put in two applications each week and when I was offered a job I had better drop out of college and take the job. If I didn't I would be charged with Felony Insurance Fraud.

Now, since I'm no longer drawing unemployment compensation I am not included in the unemployment statistics. I am no longer considered to be unemployed as far as the government is concerned.

I agree that our government has lied and is still lying about how bad the economy really is.

Tucker's mom said it BEST we all have or had the ability to change our own life you, me,he,she, all made a choice one way or another that got us in our current situation face it EVERYTHING is not the GOVERNMENTS fault let's stop pointing the finger at everyone else for what each of us played a part in ....We all have in some way have taken a hit ( income,property value etc..) We can't change what happened but all of us hold the potential to not to let it repeat itself in our lives !!![/QUOTE)

You are correct. There are 545 people that are directly responsible for our money problem. These 545 people can also fix our money problem. We the voters have allowed these 545 people to create this mess by continually re-electing them. We the voters can also fix this mess by voting new people into this group of 545 people. These are the 545 people that have the constitutional authority to allocate funds. I know some of you might be getting tired of me saying this. I won't have to keep repeating myself if or educators were doing there job.:pleasantry:

You people are high if you think obamas three years in office are directly responsible for our economic state and bushes eight years had no effect? Seriously bushes deregulation of wallstreat? Homeland security? Patriot act? **** cheney"!!!!!! Cheese and rice people!

You people are high if you think obamas three years in office are directly responsible for our economic state and bushes eight years had no effect? Seriously bushes deregulation of wallstreat? Homeland security? Patriot act? **** cheney"!!!!!! Cheese and rice people!

Damn! Those were the good old days,B.O. (Before Obama)! I much prefer those days to the last two and one half years under the "Annointed One." Bush may not have been the best president we have ever had but he was brilliant in comparison to what we now have. There were a couple of events that contributed to Bush's presidency and caused some consternation among us all, i.e., 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. but we don't want to confuse the issue there, huh? And what about all of the spending Obama has done? Hasn't that all but failed and left us in worse condition than before? I think Bush's idea of Homeland Security was right for the time but has since morphed into something out of control and mostly clueless in what it is supposed to do. Things still aren't right in this country but I would much prefer the conditions under Bush to those under Obama.

Obama supporters are still drinking the koolaid and refuse to take their rose colored glasses off. Keep in mind, Obama has no constitutional authority to allocate any funds. All he can do is ask to spend. It is our 545 senators and reps that have the constitutional authority to allocate the funds he has asked for.

The government is reporting that unemployment is 9.2% but everybody knows they don't count everyone who is unemployed. There are many articles out there disputing the government numbers. Here's a quote from one and their link if you'd care to read the article. This is from June, 2011, the latest figures I could find:

Raghavan Mayur, president at TechnoMetrica Market Intelligence, follows unemployment data closely. So, when his survey for May revealed that 28% of the 1,000-odd households surveyed reported that at least one member was looking for a full-time job, he was flummoxed.

“Our numbers are always very accurate, so I was surprised at the discrepancy with the government’s numbers,” says Mayur, whose firm owns the TIPP polling unit, a polling partner for Investors’ Business Daily and Christian Science Monitor. After all, the headline number shows the U.S. unemployment rate today is 9.5%, with a total of 14.6 million jobless people

For the whole article: Link Removed

fuhr52:216716 said:
Obama supporters are still drinking the koolaid and refuse to take their rose colored glasses off. Keep in mind, Obama has no constitutional authority to allocate any funds. All he can do is ask to spend. It is our 545 senators and reps that have the constitutional authority to allocate the funds he has asked for.
I agree completely! Wow some facts for a change instead o oreillybecklimbaugh regurgatated bull%&$#

Oldgrunt:216711 said:

Damn! Those were the good old days,B.O. (Before Obama)! I much prefer those days to the last two and one half years under the "Annointed One." Bush may not have been the best president we have ever had but he was brilliant in comparison to what we now have. There were a couple of events that contributed to Bush's presidency and caused some consternation among us all, i.e., 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. but we don't want to confuse the issue there, huh? And what about all of the spending Obama has done? Hasn't that all but failed and left us in worse condition than before? I think Bush's idea of Homeland Security was right for the time but has since morphed into something out of control and mostly clueless in what it is supposed to do. Things still aren't right in this country but I would much prefer the conditions under Bush to those under Obama.
And yet out of all your rambling you still did not acknowledge that because of those big three that is why we are where we are! Alot of the spending was already in the works before OBAMA swore in you moron! Look at the facts instead of glen becks distorted reality!

You are right about the Bush spending. However, if you would for a moment take your head out of your anal cavity you would see that this Facist who by the way urinates all over the White House, turbo charged three fold our deficit not to mention what is in store for us when the Obama care kicks in in 2013. By the way...name calling is a tactic the liberals with metal disorders do... I can only assume you are above that tactic.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back