How dumb are you?

Oregon Vet

NRA Life Since 03/1985
I am in the process of looking for a wife and like they say, "All the good ones are taken already."

On a match site I had the following conversation regarding "dumb". Hopefully on this board we know the different meanings of "dumb".

My part is in BLUE and hers will be in RED.

Ken: I'm so tired I sent you the same message 3 times it looks like. Dumb me.

Her: your not dumb. but that does happen
i was looking at my email in matchdoc and there was this guy that email me in there ,i was looking at his profile and his profession was he was social worker, and i ask him about that and he email me back stating he worked with the deaf and dumb clients... and i looked at that, and i bitched him out i said for being a social worker you sure dont have a heart especially calling a disabled person dumb...

Ken: Well, I made it back here to the bedroom but instead of just going to sleep, I made mistake of reading on a forum and checking the mail.

You said:"...email me back stating he worked with the deaf and dumb clients... and i looked at that, and i bitched him out i said for being a social worker you sure dont have a heart especially calling a disabled person dumb... "

You're joking, right? You can't be serious.

Deaf means can not hear

Dumb means can not speak/talk

"Dumb" the way he used it IS correct. In that usage it has NOTHING to do with being stupid.

I'll bet he thought you were not in touch with reality! :) Our school, here in Oregon was started back in 1870;

"The deaf-and-dumb school at Salem was organized in 1870,..."

Go Google deaf and dumb school and look at the thousands of results, Bonnie. All states have Deaf and Dumb schools.

That really made me chuckle... thank you! :) Now I HAVE to take a nap before I bang my head on the keyboard from nodding off. :)

Ken

Her: no social worker if they have a heart would not call a client dumb... it may had been called back then, but not now. so it wasent ment to be a joke

She actually believes he is calling the client "stupid". She didn't "hear" a thing I said. It seems that is what is available "out there" today to choose from. No thank you.

So many of them can't spell, misuse "your", using it 95% of the time, they should be using "you're". I notice that on this board too. Also a lot of misuse of "then" when the word should be "than".
I put on my socks, "then" my shoes. I would rather wear shoes "than" boots.
Then is do something, "then" do something else.

Than is do this instead of that.

If I were to have a few wishes granted, one of them would be for people to take more pride in their (yeah, "there" is used in the wrong place all to often too.) forum posts.
Better for everyone all the way around, easier to read and understand is always welcome.

But, bitching a social worker out who works with deaf and dumb people... that takes the cake!

Enjoy.

I am in the process of looking for a wife and like they say, "All the good ones are taken already."

On a match site I had the following conversation regarding "dumb". Hopefully on this board we know the different meanings of "dumb".

My part is in BLUE and hers will be in RED.

Ken: I'm so tired I sent you the same message 3 times it looks like. Dumb me.

Her: your not dumb. but that does happen
i was looking at my email in matchdoc and there was this guy that email me in there ,i was looking at his profile and his profession was he was social worker, and i ask him about that and he email me back stating he worked with the deaf and dumb clients... and i looked at that, and i bitched him out i said for being a social worker you sure dont have a heart especially calling a disabled person dumb...

Ken: Well, I made it back here to the bedroom but instead of just going to sleep, I made mistake of reading on a forum and checking the mail.

You said:"...email me back stating he worked with the deaf and dumb clients... and i looked at that, and i bitched him out i said for being a social worker you sure dont have a heart especially calling a disabled person dumb... "

You're joking, right? You can't be serious.

Deaf means can not hear

Dumb means can not speak/talk

"Dumb" the way he used it IS correct. In that usage it has NOTHING to do with being stupid.

I'll bet he thought you were not in touch with reality! :) Our school, here in Oregon was started back in 1870;

"The deaf-and-dumb school at Salem was organized in 1870,..."

Go Google deaf and dumb school and look at the thousands of results, Bonnie. All states have Deaf and Dumb schools.

That really made me chuckle... thank you! :) Now I HAVE to take a nap before I bang my head on the keyboard from nodding off. :)

Ken

Her: no social worker if they have a heart would not call a client dumb... it may had been called back then, but not now. so it wasent ment to be a joke

She actually believes he is calling the client "stupid". She didn't "hear" a thing I said. It seems that is what is available "out there" today to choose from. No thank you.

So many of them can't spell, misuse "your", using it 95% of the time, they should be using "you're". I notice that on this board too. Also a lot of misuse of "then" when the word should be "than".
I put on my socks, "then" my shoes. I would rather wear shoes "than" boots.
Then is do something, "then" do something else.

Than is do this instead of that.

If I were to have a few wishes granted, one of them would be for people to take more pride in their (yeah, "there" is used in the wrong place all to often too.) forum posts.
Better for everyone all the way around, easier to read and understand is always welcome.

But, bitching a social worker out who works with deaf and dumb people... that takes the cake!

Enjoy.

I'll tell you another common mistake that irritates the hell out of me, and that's when people misuse their apostrophes. I have tutored students at the local university in writing for the past eight years, and I've seen it all.

I'm no Einstein or anything, but it amazes me how many people have a high school diploma hearing some of the things they say and seeing some of the things they do. just yesterday I had to call my bank to clear up some things with a debit card number that was stolen and used. mostly everything was cleared up a couple weeks ago. yesterday I just called to get some basic information. very basic. I swear the lady who was "helping" me could not even have told me her own name if I would have asked. it really made me wonder how she got that job. in my opinion she fit the description for "dumb".

That is hilarious! I don't think I'm dumb and I know I'm not dumb. I love good grammar and spelling, but I work with kids fourth grade and down, so can decipher most posts anyway.

May I suggest moving on to another lady? Maybe one who can spell and punctuate would be more suitable to your tastes--not sure where you'll find her, but keep looking. :wub: Maybe find one that was around before texting--seems that has had a negative effect on spelling, punctuation, and capitalization skills of the populace in general.

I'll tell you another common mistake that irritates the hell out of me, and that's when people misuse their apostrophes. I have tutored students at the local university in writing for the past eight years, and I've seen it all.

Yes, I'll bet you have. Ill cant dont wont isnt.

WOW, that's not that easy to do. I have to really think about what I'm doing to be able to leave the apostrophes out! Fifty years after the 4th grade and still sorta remember the rules. I didn't think I was paying that good of attention back then.

Sad thing is, it is only going to get worse. :(

I'm no Einstein or anything, but it amazes me how many people have a high school diploma hearing some of the things they say and seeing some of the things they do. just yesterday I had to call my bank to clear up some things with a debit card number that was stolen and used. mostly everything was cleared up a couple weeks ago. yesterday I just called to get some basic information. very basic. I swear the lady who was "helping" me could not even have told me her own name if I would have asked. it really made me wonder how she got that job. in my opinion she fit the description for "dumb".

Yes, I've had my run arounds with my bank. But when 84% of the population is average IQ or lower, that is what you have to draw from. I really think they are drawing from the 16% that are below average. I would suppose the 68% that are average are the ones that fill 90+% of the jobs available today.

I sure seem to run into the 16% when I'm looking for a woman to marry. The last one was in the top 3% and we got along fine (still do) but I never made enough money. (still don't!)

But grammar and spelling...people really need to try harder. It makes it hard reading for us who do care.

What the heck... smile.

That is hilarious! I don't think I'm dumb and I know I'm not dumb. I love good grammar and spelling, but I work with kids fourth grade and down, so can decipher most posts anyway.

May I suggest moving on to another lady? Maybe one who can spell and punctuate would be more suitable to your tastes--not sure where you'll find her, but keep looking. :wub: Maybe find one that was around before texting--seems that has had a negative effect on spelling, punctuation, and capitalization skills of the populace in general.

I've been "moving on" dozens of times in the last couple years! One last shot before I blocked her:

Her reply:

whoa there, someone that i dont even know critizes my spelling and my grammer... i thought that was the last time i would hear that, but i guess im wrong, i had a ex bf that did that alot and we would go round and round because of his critizing. :frown:

How can people be so dumb? (stupid) It would really help if she were dumb/dumb.

Yes, when I am searching for a wife, I'm just afraid there aren't many from the top 3% of the population playing on the Internet in the "match" forums.

But I do get to laugh, a LOT. (how many of you notice a lot is misspelled, as alot, a lot)

And you are around that kind of English everyday. More power to you!

Isn't life grand!

Here's my guess. She's good looking, and on the day of her interview, she was wearing a short skirt.

I've been "moving on" dozens of times in the last couple years! One last shot before I blocked her:

Her reply:

whoa there, someone that i dont even know critizes my spelling and my grammer... i thought that was the last time i would hear that, but i guess im wrong, i had a ex bf that did that alot and we would go round and round because of his critizing. :frown:

How can people be so dumb? (stupid) It would really help if she were dumb/dumb.

Yes, when I am searching for a wife, I'm just afraid there aren't many from the top 3% of the population playing on the Internet in the "match" forums.

But I do get to laugh, a LOT. (how many of you notice a lot is misspelled, as alot, a lot)

And you are around that kind of English everyday. More power to you!

Isn't life grand!

Something I've learned in the 3rd grade, haven't forgotten since......

gf

Here's my guess. She's good looking, and on the day of her interview, she was wearing a short skirt.

It's sad what you say, but you very well could be correct about that... all too often. And she was hoping for a guy to interview her, right? LOL ... and kept crossing and uncrossing her legs.

Oh, lordy. Where do I start with my grammar peeves?

"Your" v. "you're" is one of the several that I notice most frequently. Then we have "irregardless," and "respective" v. "respectful."

I see lots of stuff on eBay from "World War 11."

Hell, I had a "reporter" working for me once who thought the emperor of Japan during World War II was "Heather Heathrow." True story!

It's sad what you say, but you very well could be correct about that... all too often. And she was hoping for a guy to interview her, right? LOL ... and kept crossing and uncrossing her legs.

Not only that, but she also leaned forward as much as she possibly could to show off her cleavage.

OK i give . What the hell are you'all talkin about.I learned how to spell at Paris Island, mostly all 4 letter words.I even used them in my sleep after discharge.Talk about a foul house.:drag:

OK i give . What the hell are you'all talkin about.I learned how to spell at Paris Island, mostly all 4 letter words.I even used them in my sleep after discharge.Talk about a foul house.:drag:

We're basically discussing the decline of the American education system.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back