How do you store your home defense shotgun?

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Just wondering for those of you who keep a shotgun for home defense, how do you store it? I keep mine underneath the bed, but I'm worried about dust accumulating in the barrel and ejection port and causing a malfunction in the event I need to use it. What about all of you? Will storing it this way do any harm or am I just being paranoid? If it is not good, how should I store it?

By the way, I do not keep a round chambered; I feel that in the event of a home invasion, the sound of a round being chambered should be enough to stop a would be burglar in his tracks.

In the corner next to my bed, with a round chambered. Flashlight, handgun and spare mags on the nightstand. Electronic earphones on the dresser next to it. Just me and the wife. No kids to worry about.

I keep the Ithaca 20ga. M37 under the bed.....its old and don't care if it gets a little dusty, and the 24 inch barrel Benelli M2 turkey gun, in the closet. Glocks, Rugers and Taurus snubbies are all within arms reach in the nightstand.

Although I have a couple of handguns on the night stands my shot gun is in my gun safe. I am thinking of getting the device that we talked about on another forum to hang it on the side of the bed.

On a shelf, because there's nothing any lower if you're already on the floor. It's better for your back. I'm thinking about bypassing the shelf and just getting microfiber to put it on so it won't get dust or lint in it.

On a shelf, because there's nothing any lower if you're already on the floor. It's better for your back. I'm thinking about bypassing the shelf and just getting microfiber to put it on so it won't get dust or lint in it.

Could that be because you're way older than me:)

Seriously, though, that's not something I have to worry about, seeing as how I'm in my 20s.:)

Although I have a couple of handguns on the night stands my shot gun is in my gun safe. I am thinking of getting the device that we talked about on another forum to hang it on the side of the bed.

Do you have a link?

No special drill since there are no kids in the house 'cept my dogs and they know the gun rules. One is in the corner of the bedroom by the bed, the other behind the door in the office.

Shotgun I leave locked up in the safe, Glock or M&P in the night stand, snubby S&W airweight in the bathroom towel. Night sights on the Glock & M&P. Flashlight near snubby. Military Riot baton (Club is more like it) and 5 cell flashlight beside the bed.

Could that be because you're way older than me:)

Seriously, though, that's not something I have to worry about, seeing as how I'm in my 20s.:)
I'm 26. :) I can sleep in a bed, it just feels too soft. I always feel like I'm going to sink into the floor.

Anyway, on the subject of wheelchairs, I think this makes a good point...

Link Removed

Yes I have some friend in wheel chairs and we have some here with us too.My thought of the walker was at the NRA retirement home.

I'm 26. :) I can sleep in a bed, it just feels too soft. I always feel like I'm going to sink into the floor.

Anyway, on the subject of wheelchairs, I think this makes a good point...

Link Removed

I hope you realize that I was only kidding. Actually I'm around the same age as you.

I keep mine in the closet with the trigger pulled. I feel like the shotty isn't what I want to grab if I am disturbed while asleep. I keep the G19 w/light on the bedside table for that one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back