How do you like your Ruger?

I realize I'm late to this party, but I've been EDC-ing a Ruger LC9 for about six weeks now and I like it a lot. It does have a LONG trigger pull and a bit more recoil, but, as the kids all say, "it is what it is."

It obviously isn't a range baby, but for an easy to conceal, service caliber weapon, it's good. As I have a personal persuasion on not carrying anything less than 9mm, the single stack LC9 is a perfect summer carry for this Texan. (Where it's been hotter than the Devil's back porch for weeks!)

I'm carrying it in a Tommy Theis IWB in horsehide. Better price and a quicker delivery from Tommy will get you a very well-crafted tuckable holster.

I have a SR9 that I have carried for 2 years now and love it. Accurate, never jams, 17+1, and easy to conceal. I also bought a LCP about 6 months ago, I haven't had a single problem with it and it is super easy to conceal as a backup. I own 4 Rugers and they are all quality guns.

I own several Rugers P90,P95,P345,Redhawk.44Mag,.41Mag All of them are great weapons. And most important they dont put you in the poor house buying them

I bought my SR9c back in Feb. The 17 round mag. makes it feel like a full-sized 9. The 10 rnd. mag. with or without pinkie extender makes it good for CC. I read there were spring issues when it was first introduced, but those bugs have been worked out on the current models. It's a great gun at a very reasonable price, made by an American company that stands behind their products.

My SR9 was my first handgun and my first CC gun. I love it, it's not difficult to conceal with a good holster and I was impressed with that as it is a pretty full sized gun. The SR9c should make that even easier. A crossbreed holster is worth the wait in my opinion; if it makes you feel any better I had to wait 6 weeks for mine. They make them for both the SR9 and specifically the SR9c.

Thanks again to everyone for their comments. I did some research on IWB holsters. The crossbreeds are nice but, I went with a Tommy Theis IWB holster. Horsehide and specifically made for my SR9c, he can make one for just about any concealable handgun it seems. If you're interested in checking out those type holsters, here's his website. Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

Seems like a very nice guy and he's very quick to respond. I ordered mine today (Saturday) and with production and shipping time, he told me I'll have mine by Thursday or Friday the coming week. Can't wait! Review coming soon

You won't be disappointed with your Theis holster! A little talc around the rubber grommet/leather interface will take care of any squeak you might have. I wore mine all day today again; about 14 hours with 5 of those being in the car.

Any suggestions on a good IWB holster for the SR9c (besides the crossbreed) one that they might sell in stores?
I recently bought an IWB, which is molded specifically for the SR9C, from Link Removed. I had seen a couple of bad reviews on their quality, but tried them out any way. I was nervous about buying one without being able to try my gun in it first. I cannot speak for everyone else, but I am very pleased with the holster that they sent me. The quality is great, it fits the SR9C perfectly, and it was very affordable. I have no complaints at all. I plan to buy another one from them soon.

OOPS! My SR9c just went back to Ruger for service/repair. I have a feeling it's a weak striker spring. This has been an issue w/SR9 & SR9c. Virtually a brand new gun w/ not many rounds fired. Misfired many times last weekend, then again after being cleaned. Their CS/repair dept. has a great reputation, so I'm not worried, just a little disappointed about the inconvenience.

Newbie here. First gun, LC9. I love it, but it's not a gun for a beginner, unless you're determined to master the recoil. And it has serious recoil action! I've spoken with people who have shot for years, and they say the same thing. Nice size, fits well in my hand (I'm a woman), and I keep practicing with it. My aim is lot better than three weeks ago, and I'm going in twice a week. I advise anyone who has purchased an LC9 and is a newbie (as in never handling a weapon before), to go and pick up a .22 for training purposes, going back to the LC9 to grow on. The .22 will definitely keep you interested when the LC9 seems to discourage.:)
jkgunnr

I just traded my KelTec PF9 for a new Ruger SR9c, anyone have this particular 9mm? I like it a lot but, every one has their own opinions. I'm thinking my next purchase (if I don't win it) will be the Ruger LC9, It seems like a pretty nice firearm, do they have a lot of recoil? Heavy trigger or what? My KelTec PF9 had a very heavy trigger, LOTS of recoil...not a recommended gun for a beginner at the range but, I still enjoyed it's ability to conceal well. Thoughts? Comments?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back