How Do You Feel About Notifying LEO That You're Carrying

I'm fine with it. I live in PA and we don't have to tell LEOs. But they have a right to know if they could be in danger or not. Most LEOs I know in PA appreciate being told. Most have families they want to go home to safely.

If disclosure is not required by your state, then you are free to use your own judgement based on the situation at the time. There are no guarantees either way.

JrFreak:222078 said:
I'm fine with it. I live in PA and we don't have to tell LEOs. But they have a right to know if they could be in danger or not. Most LEOs I know in PA appreciate being told. Most have families they want to go home to safely.

I have a right to know if I'm in danger from them as well. I too have a family I need to take care of.

Depends on the situation. In Indiana we're not required to notify. If I'm a passenger in a car that gets pulled over, then probably not, unless I'm asked to step out of the car. If I'm on foot or pretty much anywhere I think I'm about to get frisked, then I would notify immediately. I think whether or not to notify is a personal choice, but you should exercise good judgment when deciding whether or not to do so.

But they have a right to know if they could be in danger or not.
What you're ACTUALLY saying is that they have a "right" to be TOLD they're not in "danger".

• Just because I tell him I've got an LTCF doesn't mean I won't shoot him when the opportunity arrises.
  • Just because I don't tell him I've got an LTCF doesn't mean I will shoot him.

Why don't we just cut to the chase and pass a law requiring anyone stopped by the police to notify the cops if they plan to shoot them?

Notification is utterly pointless and at BEST an unwarranted letting down of the cop's guard.

At worst it's an open invitation to abuse by a cop who prevents you from notifying, then arrests you for not doing what he wouldn't let you do in the first place.

This is one reason why I do not like notification laws. This leo is in my opinion not fit to carry a gun and badge. Treating an honest citizen like a high risk felon, threatening him with a gun, when the citezen is obeying the law. Then he has the gall to say have a nice day? I know some will say how does the officer know? But if this is true everybody who has a gun should get the same treatment. Not a pleasent thought. I would find myself a real good lawyer and make sure that sorry excuse for an leo legally pays for this travesty. Cops like this set greatly set back leo-citizen relations. Law enforcement officers want respect. So do honest citezens. I expect nothing less than to be respected by ALL law enforcement just as they expect to be respected by me. Respect is earned. This cop earned my contempt. I expect ALL law enforcement officers to obey the law just as I am required to do. Nothing less is acceptible.

I inform them. In Utah cops are nice most if the time. Gotten out of a ticket once or twice because of it

I inform them. In Utah cops are nice most if the time. Gotten out of a ticket once or twice because of it
  1. I have an Ohio CHL in order to protect myself from unlawful deadly force attacks, not to use as a "get out of jail free" card.
  2. The best way to avoid tickets is to obey the traffic laws.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back