How do you carry????

ulfootball211

I just got my CCL in KY, however I dont wear a belt most of the time. Any advice on carrying without belt? Ankle holster is out of the question. Thanks for any advice.

I carry open and I prefer a drop leg.

You can either start wearing a belt or get a shoulder holster.

Duct tape is pretty handy stuff...

Or, if you're not tough enough to handle that; how about a small handgun in a pocket holster?

Start wearing a belt and use a good "inside the pants" holster. I recommend a good leather one because it's easy to reholster your weapon after pulling it out.

You can carry a small handgun in an "inside the pocket" holster as long as you don't print. I have same pants that can hide a PPS .40 with ease. Also I'm an serious motorcycle rider and often conceal a handgun in my leather vest pocket.

I do have a shoulder holster but it's designed to carry one of my hunting guns--a Super Red Hawk in .44 mag. It's just a tad too large for normal carry.:pleasantry:

I just got my CCL in KY, however I dont wear a belt most of the time. Any advice on carrying without belt? Ankle holster is out of the question. Thanks for any advice.

check out concealment holsters in your search engine. They make an elastic band with holster on it designed to be worn around waist under shirt. never tried one out, so can't really advise as to comfort or anything. start wearing a belt with IWB holster MAY be the best route. A good leather or kydex hoster would be the best. Good luck!

Start wearing a belt and use a good "inside the pants" holster. I recommend a good leather one because it's easy to reholster your weapon after pulling it out.

You can carry a small handgun in an "inside the pocket" holster as long as you don't print. I have same pants that can hide a PPS .40 with ease. Also I'm an serious motorcycle rider and often conceal a handgun in my leather vest pocket.

I do have a shoulder holster but it's designed to carry one of my hunting guns--a Super Red Hawk in .44 mag. It's just a tad too large for normal carry.:pleasantry:

You just need to wear an OVER size coat for concealment!!! LOL Seriously, I have tried shoulder holsters, didn't really like them that much. (beside the fact that with horizontal holster, gun is pointing at anyone behind you)

That's a good one Steve B........At least you didn't suggest a RAINCOAT. I wouldn't want to be known as the local pervert.:laugh:

One man's perversion is another man's "Alternate Lifestyle".

On those rare occasions that I want to carry but don't want a belt (for some reason), I find a Fobus paddle holster to be a good choice. They're cheap, made for almost any sidearm, and the paddle goes down far enough and stabilizes well enough that everything stays pretty much where you want it. 'Course, I wouldn't recommend heavy exercise in this mode, but for normal everyday 'walkin' around' wear it should be fine.

Shoulder for wearing with a jacket, pocket for wearing with jeans skirts, purse if no other choice, leg band with long formal skirts and dresses, belt holster for everyday wear around the house, spandex under a loose blouse or just on my lap while driving. LOL a way for all occasions. Of course it is possible that there is more then one on my person but then only a criminal will ever know.:girl_wink:

That's a good one Steve B........At least you didn't suggest a RAINCOAT. I wouldn't want to be known as the local pervert.:laugh:

Careful you can not use the word pervert these days. It is not politically correct don't you know. It is now called sexually challenged.:biggrin:

Just curious as to why the ankle holster is out of the question? I know its a little less tactically sound but I use one for the 38 special I carry everyday. You gain everything in comfort if thats what youre looking for. It wouldnt work well for a larger pistol but definitely works for small revolvers. But whenever I carry my Sig 40 I use a blackhawk retention holster for my belt. But its extremely noticeable without a coat. you just gotta try different ones out and see what works best.

Depends a lot on WHAT you plan to carry. I carry a Kel-Tec P-3AT (.380) as my main carry gun most of the time. I carry it in a pocketholsters.com holster with a wallet backer that totally eliminates printing. I carry it right front pocket.

That is my choice because I am in shorts virtually all of the time. I also have a Kahr PM-9 that I carry IWB sometimes when I want something a bit bigger on me, of course that requires a belt.

I also have a Bianchi X-15 shoulder holster that fits both my Ruger .357 mag and my Bertetta Vertec. Generally I use this rig with the .357 in the brush. It does not get hung up on branches,etc, is up away from water and makes a convenient carry for a bigger gun.

For me it depends. What time of the year i.e. temperature, what kind of clothes I am wearing, Where I am going and what I am going to be doing. Sometimes in a strong side or cross draw holster or both as I often carry two guns. Sometimes in coat pockets. Sometimes in a concealed carry vest. Sometimes in a fanny pack.

Search for Smart Carry or Khoslter on Google and You Tube. I heard nothing but good things about both products. Ultimately it's personal preference on how you carry. Best advise I can give you is first know whats out there, then talk to gun carry owners and ofcourse try some holsters out and see what you like.

I myself have a standard plastic holster for my XD 40 that comes with a locking feature on it (made by CQC holsters, purchased from Blackhawk.com) problem is this makes my gun stick out like a sore thumb so I'm forced to wear a jacket to conceal it. My next holster will be from both Smart Carry and Khoslter.

Good luck

Shoulder for wearing with a jacket, pocket for wearing with jeans skirts, purse if no other choice, leg band with long formal skirts and dresses, belt holster for everyday wear around the house, spandex under a loose blouse or just on my lap while driving. LOL a way for all occasions. Of course it is possible that there is more then one on my person but then only a criminal will ever know.:girl_wink:
This advice is a good one. Thanks KathleenElsie...the only thing I do not like is the ...just on my lap while driving...thing. I do not think I am game to do this yet. In my spare break yesterday I was looking at a holster called Safepacker Holster. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. I need to do more research on it as I only have a little time in between breath.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

I use a Kydex/leather hybrid belt slide holster that I made along with a two mag holster which carries two SS mags filled to the rim with .45 ACP hardball and a government 1911 snug at the hip.

I've tried a tactical thigh holster, I have a nice Safariland but generally use that for the woods.

I don't much care for the Nylon holsters and will not wear a paddle holster. I've tried a few others with negative results so I made my own.

I use either a keltec on a pocket clip, or a 1911 in a crossbreedsupertuck. I have worn the supertuck without a belt if the pants are semi snug without problem and with a slightly oversized t-shirt it hides well. Keltec hanging in the wasteband from the pocket clip with no belt not a problem at all.

Check out CrossBreed SuperTuck. I should get a cut for all the times I recommend them... I would recommend a belt with it for a heavy weapon though…

Also Blackhawk CQC holsters are good. I like the locking retention feature, makes it hard for someone to grab it. The lock release is in a very natural location. I have the one with the paddle and the belt loop attachment.

Welcome to the site…

This advice is a good one. Thanks KathleenElsie...the only thing I do not like is the ...just on my lap while driving...thing. I do not think I am game to do this yet. In my spare break yesterday I was looking at a holster called Safepacker Holster. I haven't made up my mind about it yet. I need to do more research on it as I only have a little time in between breath.

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Well I have to drive through some bad parts of town to get to some places. Very HIGH crime rates and my being quite pale, small and OLD (LOL) makes me a target. There have been three times I have had to pick the Mauser off my lap and each time those that were interested in me and the car turned cursed and left me alone.

Careful you can not use the word pervert these days. It is not politically correct don't you know. It is now called sexually challenged.:biggrin:

Not only that, we don't want the anti's to start saying we are ALL "sexually challenged"! I wouldn't put THAT label on ya Bear! :no:

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back