How do you carry when backpacking?

all it takes is to travel by open boat, raft, bicycle, atv, or motorcycle, and you'll find out real quick about the advantages of not being seen with a gun. :) Ditto if you dont have an attached garage and especially if you live in a high rise apartment house. you are just asking for neighbors to say that you are "disturbing their piece", or have the word about your guns get passed to the burglars in your area. I have't owned a longarm that I couldn't take down and hide in a backpack in almost 35 years now. It's just not worth the potential hassle.

Yes I do open carry, while I bicycle and on my motorcycle, handguns and my shotgun. I have no idea what your talking about cause we open carriers get stopped so rarely I doubt I well ever have that encounter. Maybe you should open carry and find out real quick the advantages of deterrence and how apathetic society is.

I opened carried for a year while living in the third story apartments while my house was being built. No neighbors had their "piece" disturbed.

Try again.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I"d never consider it. YOU can have faith in 12 little old grandmas NOT being swayed by some pos prosecutor.YOU can waste your money on bondsmen, lawyers, lost work time, but I know better.

I"d never consider it. YOU can have faith in 12 little old grandmas NOT being swayed by some pos prosecutor.YOU can waste your money on bondsmen, lawyers, lost work time, but I know better.

Luckily the little old grandma's in my state have more balls than you, and I wouldn't mind a $15000 bonus for getting harassed a little.

Basically packed backpack weight should focus on the configuration, the beginning of time may take some practice, packing tips quantum leap, said focusing on the configuration of your heart may be down again when the items will be the most important position to under nudge, then up to the back up of the Provincial effect.

Basically packed backpack weight should focus on the configuration, the beginning of time may take some practice, packing tips quantum leap, said focusing on the configuration of your heart may be down again when the items will be the most important position to under nudge, then up to the back up of the Provincial effect.

Ah, was that even English?!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Why would you carry any different, just because your backpacking? You still need to be able to get to your pistol, if needed. If you carry concealed with a IWB or OWB holster, I see no reason to change. If it isn't illegal, the why would you worry about some panty waist getting their panties in a bunch over you having a gun. It's their problem, and not yours. If your out hiking in the wild, not only are there human predators, but bear, Mountain lions, etc. to contend with. Wimps stay home.

Backpacker Magazine has an "official policy" about firearms and backpacking - one which is irrational, illogical, and impractical. But look at the defenders of it that came out of the woodowrk when I questioned that policy. It got downright silly.

Link Removed

Topic: Backpacker Magazine's Official Stance on firearms

Backpacker Magazine has an "official policy" about firearms and backpacking - one which is irrational, illogical, and impractical. But look at the defenders of it that came out of the woodowrk when I questioned that policy. It got downright silly.

Link Removed

Topic: Backpacker Magazine's Official Stance on firearms

Wow. Heck, hiking in the middle of nowhere was what made me decide to start carrying in the first place!

That was rather entertaining, though!

Why would you carry any different, just because your backpacking? You still need to be able to get to your pistol, if needed. If you carry concealed with a IWB or OWB holster, I see no reason to change. If it isn't illegal, the why would you worry about some panty waist getting their panties in a bunch over you having a gun. It's their problem, and not yours. If your out hiking in the wild, not only are there human predators, but bear, Mountain lions, etc. to contend with. Wimps stay home.

I carry with a drop platform do get the firearm below my gear.

I switched up to a chest rig from hill people gear. I think it's the snubby kit bag, it carries my glock 27 with a kydex trigger guard cover that attaches to a dummy loop in the bag. I use this setup while mountain biking quite often because it lets me leave my wilderness gun belt at home and keeps the gear off my hips.

I just sling the 870 over my shoulder.
870 has a light attached, so when it is dark, I can see target.
Packed with 00 buck and slugs, should stop anything in North America.

I use a shoulder holster for my 45ACP when I am backpacking. And if it is bear country too, then I bring a short barreled (riot) shotgun loaded with magnum slugs and double-aught buckshot slung.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back