How did you feel/what was going through your head.

S&WM&P40

Well the time draws near for my first CC ever. It will be some time in November and i am not really sure how i will feel or what will be racing in my mind. I think it will be a state of paranoia and that every one is looking at me and can see the gun. I think my heart will be pounding with all the things that could happen(what is they see the gun and the cops come)( what is the gun comes out of the holster and falls to the ground)(what is when it hits the ground it goes off) and so on. I would like to know how the rest of you felt or what was going on in your head or what happened. This is some what on the lines of the 7 stages post but not really as i am asking how you felt/what you where thinking. Not what stage you where in the first day. Any feed back could be great.

Last edited:
Mostly relief that I was finally "legal" in the eyes of the law even though I was legal all along according to the 2ND Amendment.

Well the time draws near for my first CC ever. It will be some time in November and i am not really sure how i will feel or what will be racing in my mind. I think it will be a state of paranoia and that every one is looking at me and can see the gun. I think my heart will be pounding with all the things that could happen(what is they see the gun and the cops come)( what is the gun comes out of the holster and falls to the ground)(what is when it hits the ground it goes off) and so on. I would like to know how the rest of you felt or what was going on in your head or what happened. This is some what on the lines of the 7 stages post but not really as i am asking how you felt/what you where thinking. Not what stage you where in the first day. Any feed back could be great.

It has been quite some time, but I know that it is normal for most people to assume that every is looking at you and everyone just knows you are carrying.

An example I could give would be today when I stopped in to get some lunch. There were two Sheriff's cars parked out front. I walked in the door, right past their table within feet, and didn't give it a thought. If it had been when I was first carrying I would have been sweating walking in the door expecting them to throw me to the ground and throwing on the cuffs.

You will go through the same feelings that every first time CC'er does. Over time it will become second nature, and you will not give it any thought, except when necessary.

it felt good to be able to carry a pistol legally concealed. to know that I have it in case a bad situation happens. of course there are those times when you have to ask someone you trust to look at you and you ask, "can you see it?, how about now?" but the truth of the matter is, if you act normal and don't act like you are carrying a gun, then no one else will have a clue. if you act nervous, then people will be able to tell that something is up. you will get more comfortable with it the more you carry it to the point where it is just a part of you and it just feels wrong without it. so just try to stay calm and don't act like you are carrying a gun and no one will know the difference.

Yes open carry is legal in NH. Yes i think i will be looking at every one like they can see it and i think i will have my hand on. My wallet ready to show my permit to LEO if and when some one see the gun and calls them them. I think my heart will be thumping lol but most of the LEO are cool and do not bust your balls. I just hope the holster i had custom made for the M&P has as good retention as they said it will. As it has no thumb brake on it to hold the gun in. ON A SIDE NOTE.. as i was typing this my holster came the mail man just dropped it off i will post photos later.

Yes open carry is legal in NH. Yes i think i will be looking at every one like they can see it and i think i will have my hand on. My wallet ready to show my permit to LEO if and when some one see the gun and calls them them. I think my heart will be thumping lol but most of the LEO are cool and do not bust your balls. I just hope the holster i had custom made for the M&P has as good retention as they said it will. As it has no thumb brake on it to hold the gun in. ON A SIDE NOTE.. as i was typing this my holster came the mail man just dropped it off i will post photos later.

niiiiice. let us know how it fits. and how comfortable it is.

LOL well i can let you know how it fits on the belt. As i have not yet paid for the gun i cant tell you how it fits in it yet.

By the way, I noticed in the original post that you were expecting to receive your CCW permit in November. I am not even a resident, and it took less than a month for me to receive mine. Are you just providing a conservative estimate, or has the wait time increased since I applied for mine back in '05?

LOL, No you miss read that one LOL, I said i would be Paying for my FIRST CC HAND GUN in NOV. I already have my permit i have had it for a month or two. I got that back in about a week. I don't have all the cash for my M&P yet plus i don't need it yet. So thats why i am picking it up in NOV.

The first place I ever went into was Target, and that was mostly just to try and see how it felt. After walking in the door, I went to the restroom just to check and see how things were working. No problem...so I walked around the store and got used to the feeling of having a loaded pistol strapped to my side, all the while thinking..."Wow, these people would completely freak out if they knew."

It's kind of like dating or taking an inbound call from an angry customer, though. It's really only scary the first time or two. After that, it's no big deal. You never forget that it's there of course, but you tend to focus more on the tactical considerations in day-to-day activities...keeping your draw hand free, maintaining good access, etc.

Sorry for misreading your original post. When you get your pistol, post pics of the gun and if you can, post pics of the target you shoot at with it on your first trip to the range with it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back