house rep that is behind the effort

barecove

sent this letter to all my local, and state reps.........but only got one meaningful reply " The Honorable Garrett Bradley
Massachusetts State House
Boston, MA 02133

Dear State Assemblyman Bradley,

As a law-abiding citizen and a responsible gun owner, I am deeply saddened by the recent tragedies and I support efforts to curb violence in all forms. However, I do not support the efforts of Congress, the White House or any lawmaker who seeks to restrict my rights under the Second Amendment, or to impose new restrictions on me and other law-abiding firearm owners.

Rather, I support a comprehensive approach to preventing violence in our communities through a thorough evaluation of the challenges we face. That review must include the enforcement of existing laws, the need for heightened security approaches, and greater consideration on how to better manage the acutely mentally ill.

As a law-abiding citizen and a constituent, I ask that you represent me in these matters.

Sincerely,"
and the reply.............. " Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concerns over the matter of increased gun regulation. Your views are very important, and I appreciate you taking the time to share them with me.

There are a number of firearms related measures that have been filed by both the Governor and Members of the Legislature. The bills address various aspects of the issue, including mental health histories, purchase, storage and liability insurance.

As you may know, Speaker DeLeo also appointed a panel of experts in the fields of law enforcement, education and mental health as part of a task force to review state gun laws. The panel, whose Chairman is Northeastern University Associate Dean Jack McDevitt, is hoping to release its recommendations this August.

At the same time, Rep. Harold Naughton, the House Chairman of the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security, hopes to recommend a comprehensive bill updating Massachusetts gun statutes by September, in time to start the debate before the Legislature recesses for 2013. The Representative launched a gun violence listening tour in early April, and is in the middle of holding public hearings across the state on the over 60 gun-related bills filed this session.
I would encourage you to attend one of the remaining hearings the Committee is holding so that your voice may be heard by the legislators present. The schedule is as follows:
* Assumption College, Worcester MA, 10:00 am Monday, July 8, 2013
* Location/Time TBA - Middleton MA, Tuesday, July 23, 2013
* American International College, Springfield MA, time TBA, Friday August 2, 2013
* Gardner Auditorium (State House), Boston MA, Date/Time TBA, (September)
As the Legislature acts, it must be in full recognition that the choices we make should be consistent with the Second Amendment and also reflect the reality that we cannot completely legislate risk and violence out of society.

I want to thank you once again for contacting my office. Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome. With warm regards.

Garrett"

It still looks like a form letter sent based on your specific topic, and they probably have many written ready to go out at a moments notice on each issue we are facing. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because you at least know they are as concerned as you are just by the fact that they have the letter ready. It also provides good info on how you can make a difference. DO IT!!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back