House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit

This thread started out OK but

has turned into just another:

Axeanda45:239424 said:
The 14A is only available as a power delegated to ENFORCE the Bill of Rights in this context, not to restrict. I tried and you still fail to comprehend.

Congress has the power to enforce the bill of rights all day long, 365 days a year with an extra day every four years bud.

OK smart guy, feel free to show me how the 14A can be used to restrict a right.

I concede, I first was going to ask you why it would be Congress INSTEAD of the Supreme court that had this power... Then I read section 5..... So yes, You are correct about them having the Power to enforce this legislation... IF IT WAS CONSTITUTIONAL IN THE FIRST PLACE, which it clearly is not........

Granted its not perfect, but would you expect a full on constitutional change? You know that's not going to happen. Bit by bit man.

But to say its unconstitutional is wrong because it furthers the ideology of less laws against firearms. No it doesn't wipe them out completely, but it is a significant and positive change in the direction we want to go, less restrictions. So by definition, this bill making the states infringe less on the bill of rights, is constitutional because it furthers the beliefs of that constitution.

I'm sorry, but it is still wrong. .... Even if it helps, and removes some of the infringements, it still infringes.. ..

I do need to point out that I would actually benefit from this legislation... and take advantage of it. That in no way means I approve of it or think it is right... Just like needing to have a CCW just to stay out of trouble if you happen to carry a firearm.... I have one, but I hate the fact that I need one in the first damn place.....

I'm sorry, but it is still wrong. .... Even if it helps, and removes some of the infringements, it still infringes.. ..

I do need to point out that I would actually benefit from this legislation... and take advantage of it. That in no way means I approve of it or think it is right... Just like needing to have a CCW just to stay out of trouble if you happen to carry a firearm.... I have one, but I hate the fact that I need one in the first damn place.....

I see. Your effort to change the status of the Second Amendment is to go along with the laws you hate. From your previous posts, I gathered that you were looking for a confrontation authorities that would magically change all the laws to conform with your world view.

I guess my question, asked long ago still stands. What are you personally doing to change the status of the Second Amendment is America.

Seems Axeanda45 has taken a beating for standing up for his beliefs. Axe believes any gun laws are an infringement. Axe believes being armed anywhere you happen to be is a good idea and is constitutional, or at least supported by our Bill of Rights. He also thinks our freedoms are being erased one law at a time, that our freedoms are worth dying for. Axe obviously has strong feelings in regard to protecting your rights.

Many of you are arguing against those very basic ideas. No wonder we are losing our liberty little by little over time...

I see. Your effort to change the status of the Second Amendment is to go along with the laws you hate. From your previous posts, I gathered that you were looking for a confrontation authorities that would magically change all the laws to conform with your world view.

I guess my question, asked long ago still stands. What are you personally doing to change the status of the Second Amendment is America.

I would like for you to provide us all here with one teeny tiny shred of evidence that I myself have ever even hinted that I am an ACTIVIST (other than posting my opinions on online forums) about anything at all...... You wont find any... SO, WHY IN THE HELL do you keep demanding it of me?

Can I not have knowledge and opinions about things and share them? Or are you prejudiced against anyone who shares things ONLY in a forum and judge them as less than worthy?

I have no illusions of "changing" this government.... because I have figured out that it does not WANT TO CHANGE.. At least not in the way you and those like you think it will....

Will this legislation actually do some good? maybe, maybe not... Is it even "legal"?(Constitutional)
In what I understand of the Constitution, no................

But thinking you are a better "American" or "2nd Amendment advocate" or even "person" because you mail letters to, or call your CON-gressman... Is just crazy..... Do I think you are foolish and cannot do any good? Absolutely not, I actually commend you for your faith in the "system", more power to ya dude...

Now go away and stop bothering me.

I've stated this many times here in this forum. I also obtained a CCW permit so that if I'm unfortunate enough to have to shoot an idiot in a Walmart parking lot while he tries to kill me or my wife, I won't have a legal hassle of carrying without one. One less problem. Having said that, it is true that our ultimate "carry anything anywhere anytime" permit, the 2nd Amendment in our Bill of Rights, already states we can carry anything, anywhere, anytime. Yet, we have allowed over time our government to pass legislation that infringes on that basic right by making us get permission slips.

We might be very nearly powerless individually to change that. We can (and hopefully do) send letters, faxes and emails along with an occasional phone call. Maybe eventually we can get enough people to do the same and have a greater voice. Anyone who argues against that is not in favor of rights restoration.

Axe, stay strong and keep doing whatever it is that you're doing to help restore our rights. I'm not saying it's time for you here to do the same, but for me I've learned that there are those here who would rather nit-pick a paragraph than support a freedom soaked thought and that's when I leave a thread behind.

tuts40,
I guess I have just lost faith that anything I personally do will help.... My example would be those that were elected this last cycle that the "Tea Party" were endorsing......... Nearly 100% of them are just following what the republicans are doing, and havent changed ANYTHING....

Yet, I do see your point that we need to do something besides just complaining about it in a forum... perhaps I will call that sob from my area that has yet to represent me...

I would like for you to provide us all here with one teeny tiny shred of evidence that I myself have ever even hinted that I am an ACTIVIST (other than posting my opinions on online forums) about anything at all...... You wont find any... SO, WHY IN THE HELL do you keep demanding it of me?

Can I not have knowledge and opinions about things and share them? Or are you prejudiced against anyone who shares things ONLY in a forum and judge them as less than worthy?

I have no illusions of "changing" this government.... because I have figured out that it does not WANT TO CHANGE.. At least not in the way you and those like you think it will....

Will this legislation actually do some good? maybe, maybe not... Is it even "legal"?(Constitutional)
In what I understand of the Constitution, no................

But thinking you are a better "American" or "2nd Amendment advocate" or even "person" because you mail letters to, or call your CON-gressman... Is just crazy..... Do I think you are foolish and cannot do any good? Absolutely not, I actually commend you for your faith in the "system", more power to ya dude...

Now go away and stop bothering me.

I certainly would not say that you should not share your opinions. I have enjoyed your thoughts, although I do not necessarily agree with all of them. That is what a forum is all about.

My real objection is that you jumped all over me and others concerning our opinions about what could be done to regain some of our Second Amendment rights without offering your thoughts about what you would suggest doing. I work very hard with the NRA because as far as I can see they are trying to regain our rights. You may disagree with their methods and consider them Compromisers, but at least we are trying to do something.

I fully agree that we should have our rights back just as they were before congress and the supreme court started chipping away at them, but that won't happen in one big move. It will happen just as they were taken away, by chipping away at them.

I would strongly encourage you to become active in getting back our rights in some way. You and I are just two voices, but our two voices combined with thousands or millions of others will get the attention of congress. We just have to let them hear out voices.

By the way, I think there is a pretty good group in Ohio called the Buckeye Firearms Association that is working to get our rights back.

Sorry if I have been bothering you. I certainly mean you no ill will.

Reading through these posts I find negative and positive comments. As mentioned above, these rights weren't taken away overnight. They systematically took them away one by one. And that's how we are going to have to get them back. Not overnight, but one by one. I agree that a lot of the new Republicans have just melted into the current admins big melting pot with business as usual. But a small handful have actually gone there and created a commotion because they are following the promises made before they were elected. Same goes here as with gaining rights back. One at a time, and those that just went along with business as usual will find themselves looking for work. And yes, once voice by itself may not carry much weight. But add that one voice to one more voice to one more voice and that one voice becomes thousands and then millions. If you don't want to email, or call your Rep. about anything, then just be satisfied to live with what happens without complaining about it. But we need to bring this government back to a government of the people, by the people, for the people. And it will be up to each of us to let Washington know we are sick of the status quo and demand that they accept "We The People" Just my 2 cents worth.

It was a article I saw on the fox news website today. It said there is a large support for it on both parties. Had anyone else seen or heard anymore about this.

Yes, it's called H.R. 822, If memory serves, some like it some dont, For myself?, Im for it, Government wont have the job of appointing CCW's, state's will still do this, just that all state's(except Illinois) would have to honor you permit, just like your drivers licence

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back