Horse back riders who carry

Cari A.

Crazy Horse Lady
Last month I asked on one of the Virginia horse lists who carries when they ride. I was surprised and pleased at the response I got, though as with anything, several had very sour grapes. I intend, now that I have a cwp to carry my side arm with me when I ride, as I do a lot of riding alone and have had several instances of someone following me out of the woods. If it hadn't been for my Quarter Horse alerting I would of not seen him as he was trying hard not to be seen.

Who here carries when they ride? Pros? Cons? What have others said when they realized you were carrying? Are you comfortable carrying a side arm when riding?

Last month I asked on one of the Virginia horse lists who carries when they ride. I was surprised and pleased at the response I got, though as with anything, several had very sour grapes. I intend, now that I have a cwp to carry my side arm with me when I ride, as I do a lot of riding alone and have had several instances of someone following me out of the woods. If it hadn't been for my Quarter Horse alerting I would of not seen him as he was trying hard not to be seen.

Who here carries when they ride? Pros? Cons? What have others said when they realized you were carrying? Are you comfortable carrying a side arm when riding?

I have often thought about this question. I also ride, and don't know anyone in my area that has a CCW permit, or has any interest in guns at all to be honest. I don't have a CCW, but it is something that I have looked into. What are your thoughts about carrying when riding? Do you have a CCW currently?

All my friends whom I ride with know I carry and are alright with it. I have yet to bring it on a trail ride but there is one I am attending next Saturday so we will see what is said if anything and I hope that they are understanding. I feel more comfortable with my weapon and when were out and anything can happen.

Yes, I have a CWP (concealed weapons permit) and the only thing that is a minor annoyance is that I have to have it and my drivers license on my person at all times when the I carry. But that is okay...that is what pockets are for.

carrying while riding

Now that I have my permit to carry, I plan on taking mine when I ride in remote areas. You just never know who you're going to run into out in the woods or mountains.

The last time I went riding, it was a trail ride/weekend camping trip when I was still in high school. One of the guys in the group was the friend of a friend of one of the older guys. In the middle of the night this fool decided to see how many seperate fires he could start with 2 boxes of matches. I wish someone in the group had brought a gun. Fighting the fires would have been easier if we didn't have to fight him, too.

Get on it, Gabby. Times a-wastin'!

I have often thought about this question. I also ride, and don't know anyone in my area that has a CCW permit, or has any interest in guns at all to be honest. I don't have a CCW, but it is something that I have looked into. What are your thoughts about carrying when riding? Do you have a CCW currently?

Hey, Gabby, you need to go to your local sheriff's department and get your permit process started. There is no class or live fire required (although I believe that you should do both if/when you decide to carry) and the permit only costs about $30. Just because you have a permit doesn't mean you have to carry a firearm. That said, if there is trouble down the pike and you decide that you need to carry a firearm today, then already having your permit will be a big relief. Don't delay, apply today! The application only takes five or ten minutes to complete.

Gabby before the permit=:sad: Gabby after receiving permit=:dance3:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back