Homeschooling Banned in California

If a fair maiden kisses a frog which instantly changes into a handsome prince we would call it a fairy tale. But if the frog takes 40 million years to turn into a prince we call it evolution.

Terrible analogy, vastly oversimplified, and not really what happened. But yes, evolution did occur; evidence of intermediate steps of speciation exist.

Answering you is, of course, a waste of time. Sorry to interrupt.

Terrible analogy, vastly oversimplified, and not really what happened. But yes, evolution did occur; evidence of intermediate steps of speciation exist.

Answering you is, of course, a waste of time. Sorry to interrupt.

You have your mind made up and no one will be able to confuse you with the facts.

Where is the missing link.Why did evaluation stop? It takes more faith to believe in random accident theory than God. Put gun powder,a case and primer in blender and see how long you have to run until a bullet forms.Research state schools to find they were started to control kids running around the streets of NY .years ago.:patsak:

You have your mind made up and no one will be able to confuse you with the facts.

I believe I am the one who looks at objective reality--facts. You appear to be among those who prefer unprovable fairy tales about invisible sky wizards.

I believe I am the one who looks at objective reality--facts. You appear to be among those who prefer unprovable fairy tales about invisible sky wizards.

Like all atheist you talk about facts that do not exist. There are no facts to support evolution. You talk about our "imaginary" God and you worship your imaginary facts. I have my God you have yours. Darwin and self.

Like all atheist you talk about facts that do not exist. There are no facts to support evolution. You talk about our "imaginary" God and you worship your imaginary facts. I have my God you have yours. Darwin and self.
:wacko:

This has been a perfect example of the inability to discuss rationally with the delusional. In all of your post above, the only 'being' that actually exists at the present time is: myself.
:lazy2:

:wacko:

This has been a perfect example of the inability to discuss rationally with the delusional. In all of your post above, the only 'being' that actually exists at the present time is: myself.
:lazy2:

This has been a perfect example of the inability to discuss rationally with the delusional
The one thing we both agree on.

We may have to agree to disagree

I am about 2 steps to the right of Rush Limbaugh on most topics.
We homeschooled our kids to ensure the following:

1. they could read and write
2. the subject matter would contain truthful history...not spun to the left or right
3. God would be present in daily activities as this is just how our family is.

I think that NDS will agree that we have a constitutional right to freedom of religion. (I can go to the church of my choice and worship how I feel is best suited to my families needs)

We also have a constitutional right to freedom of speech (NDS is allowed to voice his opinion and HK4U and I are allowed to voice ours.)

We all have a common thread here of loving freedom and liberty. Guns are just a means of making sure freedom and liberty hang around for a while.:moil:

Goverment fact: If you home school, your kids will be stupid.

According to the law center’s executive director, Leslie Heimov, children should not be educated at home, because they need to be “in a place daily where they would be observed by people who had a duty to ensure their ongoing safety.”

Yeah. I think they have that backwards. (about: Government fact: If you home school, your kids will be stupid.)

I'll bet there are a LOT more gangs and danger in public schools than there are in home schooling. My kids would be lots safer being home schooled vs getting schooled by the government.

Real smart person, Leslie Heimov. Real smart about what, I don't know. But sure no smarts about home schooling.

Parents don't have a duty to see that their kids are safe? Where was this guy raised? Geeez.

I have to agree, they got a real bunch of left wingers down there in California. Take the people's guns, now take their kids and educate them with a bunch of liberal hog wash. What a sad state of affairs our country is coming to. We NEED to STOP it and get it going the right way again. That is for damn sure.

The Left Coast needs to be set adrift and then we can be free of the limp wristed, quiche eating, birkenstock wearing, treehugging, granola crunching, self righteous do-gooders.

Hey, hey, take it easy there, festus. Don't be including us in with "those" down there on that part of the West Coast! (although we DO have too many of "those" people... even here in Oregon... same as you do back there.)

Hey, hey, take it easy there, festus. Don't be including us in with "those" down there on that part of the West Coast! (although we DO have too many of "those" people... even here in Oregon... same as you do back there.)

I am afraid the whole country is full of them.

I am about 2 steps to the right of Rush Limbaugh on most topics.
We homeschooled our kids to ensure the following:

1. they could read and write
2. the subject matter would contain truthful history...not spun to the left or right
3. God would be present in daily activities as this is just how our family is.
I teach junior high school math and science. I believe parents should have every right to educate their children at home or in a private (even religious) school. My only requirement would be that students be able to pass the same government-mandated tests public school students are given. This is generally a non-issue with good parents who home-school.

I think that NDS will agree that we have a constitutional right to freedom of religion. (I can go to the church of my choice and worship how I feel is best suited to my families needs)
I believe in the absolute minimal government interference in our lives. All peaceful voluntary associations should be strictly hands-off for the government. That includes your churches / clubs / etc.

We also have a constitutional right to freedom of speech (NDS is allowed to voice his opinion and HK4U and I are allowed to voice ours.)

We all have a common thread here of loving freedom and liberty. Guns are just a means of making sure freedom and liberty hang around for a while.:moil:

Thank you. I am here because I value my right to defend myself and my family. I speak out at work in favor of the Constitution and our rights it recognizes (you think you've got a tough audience?) One thing that often annoys me when people begin to attack those without religious belief is a common assumption such people are amoral. Believe it or not, my morals and those of most non-believers, are pretty similar to those of most believers. And I don't need fear of supernatural punishment to live by those morals, the fact that it is the right thing to do is sufficient.

...I would doubt it because them being in church does not make one a Christian any more that (sic) a mouse getting in a cookie jar makes it a cookie.

So many people don't seem to understand that; that "going" to church does NOT make them a Christian. That is just a "part" of what makes a Christian.

I think there is probably a lot larger percentage than most think... that if they go to church they are a Christian. Ah, maybe someday they will find out, eh?

I teach junior high school math and science. I believe parents should have every right to educate their children at home or in a private (even religious) school. My only requirement would be that students be able to pass the same government-mandated tests public school students are given. This is generally a non-issue with good parents who home-school.

I believe in the absolute minimal government interference in our lives. All peaceful voluntary associations should be strictly hands-off for the government. That includes your churches / clubs / etc.

Thank you. I am here because I value my right to defend myself and my family. I speak out at work in favor of the Constitution and our rights it recognizes (you think you've got a tough audience?) One thing that often annoys me when people begin to attack those without religious belief is a common assumption such people are amoral. Believe it or not, my morals and those of most non-believers, are pretty similar to those of most believers. And I don't need fear of supernatural punishment to live by those morals, the fact that it is the right thing to do is sufficient.

NDS although we have our differences I do agree with you on the issues of morals. I have known some who do not profess to be a Christian and have a very high moral standard. I have also known church members who leave their morals at the church doorstep when they leave for home.

I am afraid the whole country is full of them.

Yep, I think we made a wrong turn somewhere. The USA is like a garden and they are the weeds. We should have weeded them out a long time ago. Now there seems to be more weeds than the good stuff.

Maybe all those FAR LEFT & FAR RIGHT people do have the right to live as they wish, but no, they have to try to ruin everything for the normal people who just want to go through life, having a little fun, having a little money left over on payday... not having "those" people coming up with a new tax all the time to give more of our money to support people who are too lazy to work.

And all too many of "those" people don't know how to work, so they get into politics and give themselves a raise all too often, while us blue collar workers get a raise about every million years...for 10 cents more and hour, of course, about 15-20$ a month more. Nothing like their raise of 1,000-2,000$ a month (or more).

We have to do something, BUT, no one wants to break any eggs, and we are going to HAVE to break some eggs to fix it, we are way past just talking it fixed.

How sad for America and the Americans who care.

What else is there to say except that the People's Republic of California is a cancer on the body of liberty that needs to be exposed to radiation, so that the rest of America can be cancer free.

Nothing really matters... what a concept to have.

None of this really matters, God love you all, and expects nothing in return.

Be well.

Really? Why do people spend so much time and money on churches and religion then?

What are they afraid of?

I have studied religion a little bit, and ALL that I have studied have promised BAD happening to you if you don't bow down to the old gray haired geezer people call God.

Sounds like you have a good religion, Roger. Can kill, rape and murder all you want and still go to Heaven. Pretty easy going God you have there, and (HE) expects nothing in return?

Where do we sign up at? Sounds like one of the best ones I have heard of. How many naked virgins are included for the guys? What to the women get out of it? Naked studs?

What is the name of your religion, I 'll study it next, maybe. I've done a little study of the cults (by definition, all religions are cults) of Pentecostalism, Scientology and am presently studying the Jehovahs Witnesses religion.

Religions are fun reading, most have you suffering forever if you don't bow down to their God.

Through history, religion has been the cause of 99+% of mankinds problems. Doesn't look like that is going to change anytime soon.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back