home security

jzack

In Delaware the event of home invasions has gotten so bad that you really need a firearm
for protection. They don't wait any more until you leave your house, they will rob you with
you in it!

I carry one on my hip from 7AM - 12PM. and there is another in my nightstand ready to go 24/7 and loaded 870 in closet a few steps away. You can never have enough fire extinguishers.

I think it's just as important to wear in your home as out of it. If someone breaks in and they're between you and your gun, it's not going to do you any good. Same reason I carry around the farm. If someone pulled in while I was outside doing chores, they'd be between me and the house.
So if you don't want to wear in your house, at least have a gun within reach wherever you are.

In Delaware the event of home invasions has gotten so bad that you really need a firearm
for protection. They don't wait any more until you leave your house, they will rob you with
you in it!

what point are you trying to make?
you do realize that most of the people here are people who carry firearms?

I guess I don't see the point of your question apvbguy. jzack simply pointed out how brazen home invaders have become in Delaware. I appreciate his update.
what point are you trying to make?
you do realize that most of the people here are people who carry firearms?

I live on a dirt road in the Florida Panhandle. Every weekend, all around me, are the sounds of target practice - a beautiful sound. At first my wife was a bit nervous but now has seen the light and appreciates the protection.

I think it's just as important to wear in your home as out of it. If someone breaks in and they're between you and your gun, it's not going to do you any good. Same reason I carry around the farm. If someone pulled in while I was outside doing chores, they'd be between me and the house.
So if you don't want to wear in your house, at least have a gun within reach wherever you are.

Great point. If the weapon is not available at the moment needed, you are at a severe disadvantage. This includes weapons in lock boxes or even just trigger locks, as some insist as the only safe way to keep innocents from harm. At least one weapon must be ready for immediate use in a seconds notice.
If you have kids, train them well. Too young to train, position weapon out of their grasp [and sight] while within easy reach of your own.
Although you do have the option of fumbling in the dark for a key, I prefer to just find the trigger and the target.

I carry one on my hip from 7AM - 12PM. and there is another in my nightstand ready to go 24/7 and loaded 870 in closet a few steps away. You can never have enough fire extinguishers.

I'm hoping you meant until midnight (12am) and not noon (12pm) because that would have you carrying only 5 hours of the day. :)

I'm sure it is what you meant with your follow up comments about the nightstand and the 870. :smile:

I'm lucky... I live in a tiny neighborhood 45 minutes away from anything, where I guarantee 98% of the homes are armed. If someone breaks into a house here, they're an idiot who went a very long ways out of the way. I don't carry 24/7, but I've always got one somewhere nearby.

I'm hoping you meant until midnight (12am) and not noon (12pm) because that would have you carrying only 5 hours of the day. :)

I'm sure it is what you meant with your follow up comments about the nightstand and the 870. :smile:

Yes you are correct. 12 midnight. That's usually when I turn in for the night. :smile:

You need an early warning device, either a good dog or an alarm system. After that a good gun, good aim and problem solved.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back