Holster in a car

momstar

We're headed to a waterpark on the way to a few days vacation. I need to leave a hybrid holster in the car all day (can't leave it at home because I'll want it the next few days after that and we're not going to the hotel until after the park). But kydex doesn't do well in a hot car, right? So far the best idea I have is to put it in a lunchbox with an ice pack. Does anyone have a better way to store/protect? Thanks!

I would say put it under the seat or in the glove box...never exposed to the direct sunlight...I dont think you will have that much of an issue since this is an isolated situation...I know guys that leave them in their trucks all the time here in Memphis, TN and after a while they will loosen up but its take a long time for this to happen...And especially if the firearm is left in the holster (it should hold its shape just fine)...The coolest spot is always the best with those things...good luck, enjoy your trip...

MH

you can probably stuff it and wrap it in a towel to help it hold its shape. If not, I've heard you can use a heat gun or home oven to reshape it if need be. Although, even with the heat these days I seriously doubt it would suffer any kind of deformity. Kydex needs to be heated to 320 degrees F and will continue to soften up until 390 degrees F. It will burn at around 400 degrees F.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back