Holster Help!!!!

PascalFleischman

Alright everyone, I'm ready to tap into that vast fountain of collective knowledge. Here's my problem:

I'm ready to graduate to a new holster. I've carried now for a year in cheapie nylon holsters, and now I've figured out my preferred method (well, actually methods). I just can't find a leather holster that fits both. What I'm looking for is a leather holster that will ride OWB without rubbing the grip of my gun under my armpit. I want this holster to also be tuckable should I decide to carry a little more secretly. Is there a holster that's made to be either/or OWB/IWB?

Oh, and I have an obscure carry pistol, so that'll make things a little more complicated. So this holster will need to fit a Beretta 9000s.

Thanks in advance!

Jc40

Another good holster is Rays holsters.All leather and very reasonable prices.Holsters however are like guns.The same one deosn`t work for everyone and you have to choose what`s best for you.That`s probably why most have a drawer set aside for them.:D Good luck in your search.

Well, I've tried to limit my purchases on holsters, and I've done very well with it. I started out on an Uncle Mike's cheapie. I wore it numerous ways and found one I liked. Then I got a nicer, but still nylon, holster to fine tune my likes. Now, I think I'm ready to get a leather one. However, I want (I guess) a convertible. Essentially, I need a good IWB holster, that also will carry very stable OWB on my hip.

Jc40

I was checking out the crossbreed holster site and watched the video they have and it looks like it hides the gun very well indeed.I just haven`t been a big fan of IWB holsters all though i do own two.I just haven`t found one yet that is comfortable to me that is.I guess i`m just fussy when it comes to an IWB holster and finding one that suits me in the comfort department.

I am sure it is possible, but I have never seen one that converts from IWB to OWB. The way I carry the clip would have to switch sides. I like my Tucker Cover up. It does bulge somewhat if you try to tuck it though. I am thinking about a crossbreed for my Ruger. Another thought is, Bianchi makes a descent IWB holster that you can get from Midway for a little over $40. Bianchi 100. You might also get one of their OWB. I don't know how they are priced though. But, you might could get 2

Good luck

Well, it seems to me that I've dreamed up a new holster. If any of you are in the holster business, you've got a new customer if you can take a standard OWB holster, and stick a metal clip on the opposite side so I can tuck it. Let me know!

Holsters usually by the drawer full!!!

Herz what I have used exclusively for the last two years. I love it. When I want to open carry I just don't tuck in my shirt. I have a drawer full of others that are getting moldy!

Link Removed

And they make it for your 9000S beretta!!

ubgholsters.com

You might also consider Nate from ubgholsters.com. Seems to always come up with something that we will cherish forever.

Michael

I was checking out the crossbreed holster site and watched the video they have and it looks like it hides the gun very well indeed.I just haven`t been a big fan of IWB holsters all though i do own two.I just haven`t found one yet that is comfortable to me that is.I guess i`m just fussy when it comes to an IWB holster and finding one that suits me in the comfort department.

I think comfort depends as much if not more on the gun than the holster. I carry a Kahr PM 9 in a UBG IWB and it is very comfortable. I forget it's there. The Kahr can be carried in the pocket (with pocket holster) as well if I wear the right pants, but I find the IWB more comfortable than pocket carry. Plus I have a pocket usable for other things.

As to IWB vs OWB it may not be the best solution but many IWB can be worn as OWB just by slipping the holster outside the waistband, but inside the belt.

"As to IWB vs OWB it may not be the best solution but many IWB can be worn as OWB just by slipping the holster outside the waistband, but inside the belt."

That's my solution at the present time, but it's not very stable. With the single point connection for OWB, the gun rotates too much, nor does it have a comfortable cant to it. Also, due to differing positions of beltloops, I can't get one constant location.

Fobus and Garrity's Gunleather

Depending on the situation, I turn to either Fobus or Garrity's Gunleather. On most occasions, I'll be using my Fobus OWB paddle roto-holster for my Glock 23 equipped with my Surefire X300 tactical light, and Fobus ankle holster for my Glock 27. My Fobus holsters are made of Kydex, which makes re-holstering very quick and easy, and most importantly it doesn't mold. If it's a more "formal" occasion, then I'll use my Garrity's Gunleather shark skin OWB holster. The OWB works great with my un-tucked 5.11 tactical shirts, or under a suit jacket, blazer or sports coat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like most, I do not have the money to throw away on every holster thats ever been made only to sift thru the mountains of leather to find the one that will do what I need it to do, comfortably. I have discovered the "bargin bins" at local gun stores and pawn shops. With some patience, you can find just what you are looking for at a bargan price. I don't ever recall paying more than $7 for a leather holster and I have not spent a fortune on holsters either. Take your time, visit many bargin bins and you may stumble across that "perfect" holster, already broke in too!

Hay do you have a good used shoulder holster for a 4" 45.Belts are really hurting my back and I need to go another route.

Alright everyone, I'm ready to tap into that vast fountain of collective knowledge. Here's my problem:

I'm ready to graduate to a new holster. I've carried now for a year in cheapie nylon holsters, and now I've figured out my preferred method (well, actually methods). I just can't find a leather holster that fits both. What I'm looking for is a leather holster that will ride OWB without rubbing the grip of my gun under my armpit. I want this holster to also be tuckable should I decide to carry a little more secretly. Is there a holster that's made to be either/or OWB/IWB?

Oh, and I have an obscure carry pistol, so that'll make things a little more complicated. So this holster will need to fit a Beretta 9000s.

Thanks in advance!

Talk about raising the dead....but since I saw this topic I thought I would mention that there is indeed a convertible holster available. I make the Mason-Dixon(tm) which converts from a belt slotted OWB pancake style holster to a tuckable and adjustable IWB....all for the cost of a typical custom made holster. These holsters are crafted of the finest cowhide and horsehide available and can be trimmed with shark, cowhide or horsehide if the wearer desires.....but they work just fine for one-handed reholsters without reinforcement...unless of course you tighten your belt so much that your eyeballs pop out! :sarcastic:

Here is one with the attachments in place for IWB carry....
Link Removed

Here is one without the attachments ready to be worn OWB:
Link Removed

Hope this helps...

My vote is for the Crossbreed Tuckable. I have on for my Glock 19 and my Kimber Ultra CDP II. they are by far the most comfortable IWB Holster I have ever owned. Believe me I have a drawer full of IWB's I have tried. :pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back