Holster for Glock 30 SF - suggestions

Carlp22

This is a great forum and I’ve learned quite a bit.

I have a Glock 30SF and I’m looking for recommendations on a holster. I’m considering 2 options. 1) Inside the pants and 2) outside such as the Blackhawk CQC Serpa.

When carrying, I’ll want it to be as concealed ass possible – with comfort. Is that possible? I’m looking for recommendations and opinions.

Thanks very much.

Glock Holster

Check out Galco, I've been carring my Glock in it for 5yrs. Nice stuff but you will pay for it if you like leather.

The Serpa is kinda bulky for concealed carry compared to some others. Having carried for 28 years daily, the Serpa is great for duty or a cop or soldier who is going to be running or worried about gun retention with bad guys. These are pros who are paid to run TOWARD the bad guy and engage. If you fail to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE to press the release button while drawing under stress, you may fail as a civilian to get the gun out when you need it. Only constant practice with a safety holster will develop that muscle memory. Most civilians don't or can't afford to do that amount of draw and fire practice, or don't have a range that allows shooting from a holster.
I have used a Fobus paddle holster (not the Roto) for my Glock 19 since 1999. Same holster daily on and off duty concealed. It retains well even running and conceals well. No gimmicks, and as a civilian who is not exposing your gun and not wrestling with or chasing bad guys, a good choice. I had my doubts when I first got it, but it has stood up well. I tried Galco's similar holster, but their design allows the holster to rock fore and aft because of only one stud on the waist paddle. Fobus has two and stays where you put is. Even without a belt, I have never had the holster come off when drawing the gun.

I carry my G30sf in a Bladetech nano i.w.b.

Prior to getting the g30 last year I had always carried my guns (Glock 40s, Sig 9mm ect.) in an o.w.b. holster usually Galco or something similar. When I bought my g30 I also bought a Galco o.w.b holster for it and used that for several months. But I soon realized that the g30 is a bit wider that the guns I had been carrying in the past and I needed a more concealable holster to avoid printing the weapon.

I looked around for an i.w.b. and finally decided on the Bladetech Nano due its low weight, its fast draw, and its great passive retention. Ive been very happy with it and I find it is much more concealable that any o.w.b. holster.

In short I would recommend looking into the Bladetech Nano.... :cool:

Where do you order?

Thank you both for the feedback. The Fobus paddle holster looks great, and the Blade-Tech nano IWB also sounds like a winner.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Whatever I get, I’ll post a review after wearing it for awhile.

Where would you suggest ordering from?

Thanks again

No preference on ordering the Fobus, just get online, go to their website to make sure you get the proper model # for your gun. Online different places have it withing a few bucks. Midway is maybe the easiest. Remember the Roto model is slightly more bulk than the plain paddle and costs more. For the price you can afford to experiment.

Thank you both for the feedback. The Fobus paddle holster looks great, and the Blade-Tech nano IWB also sounds like a winner.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Whatever I get, I’ll post a review after wearing it for awhile.

Where would you suggest ordering from?

Thanks again

I ordered mine right from the Bladetech website. I received it in about 2 weeks. But it was worth the wait. Great customer service and a great product.

CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe is a very comfortable and concealable holster. I carry a Glock 21 in a CrossBreed. Hard to beat.

Kramer Handgun leather makes great holstersLink Removed.

Kramer makes the best concealment rigs bar none !!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back