holster for backpacking

laxinbud04

Does anyone have any recommendations on a holster that can be worn with a backpacking pack and still have quick access to the firearm? The waist strap prevents my normal iwb carry. I would prefer concealed so the boy scouts I work with (or their parents) don't get too excited.

Thanks.

I use the Safepacker with three different Eberlestock bags, two of which I use for hunting, and one is a BOB I carry in my truck. It easily fits over the wide padded belts on these packs. I don't notice it at all when I hike with these packs and the Safepacker. Also, very easy to draw from these and they provide good protection for your weapon from dirt, etc.

Seeing as how it I against the law to carry a gun in most all national, state and county parks in the US. where are all of you backpacking?

Seeing as how it I against the law to carry a gun in most all national, state and county parks in the US. where are all of you backpacking?

Have you ever tried fact-checking before posting? You can carry in ALL national parks, as long as you don't enter a federal building and follow state, local, and federal firearms laws. You can carry in many state and local parks in the US as well. Where I live, in Tennessee, you can carry in national, state and local parks, as long as you have a Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit or a carry permit from another state with reciprocity.

you must have a CCP to carry in back pack. Open carry is "legal" in some states but not "welcomed" by most park management. I was at Kettle-Moraine 2 weeks ago and there was a sign posted "No Guns allowed" at the parking area "Park Regulation Board".

you must have a CCP to carry in back pack. Open carry is "legal" in some states but not "welcomed" by most park management. I was at Kettle-Moraine 2 weeks ago and there was a sign posted "No Guns allowed" at the parking area "Park Regulation Board".

Open carrying is "legal" in most states and is "welcomed" in and out of national parks. All the no shooting signs I've come across are for recreational shooting, not for carrying a firearm for self defense.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

A chest holster of some type is likely your best bet. If your pack has molle around the belt, you can get OWB holsters with molle attachments as well.

BTT

Just to get that thread about 'sleeve guns' (insert shudder here) off the top of the forum and off the main page.

In Ohio you can conceal carry in any park state or otherwise unless it is posted.

Issuing Status:Shall Issue
Inform Law Enforcement:Yes
Honors Other States Permits:Yes
Issues Non Resident Permits:Yes
Prohibited Locations:
Police/ sheriff/ highway patrol office/ stations
BCI-controlled premises
Correctional facilities
Airport terminals & airplanes
Mental health facilities
Courthouses
Universities