Holster for a big girl

You might want to try carrying behind your back with a IWB holster. If you are right handed get a left hand IWB holster and if you are left handed get a right hand holster. You are going to have to use a cover shirt or jacket anyhow.

I believe the OP of this thread has been banned.

My wife is a big gal, too. She's been using the holster from naturallyconcealed.com and really likes it, but she's thinking IWB waist rig, too.

She tried a belly band I had around the place, but it's the wrong size and didn't work out well.

I have always rejected SOB holsters, but a big curvy lady "sits differently," and she's thinking Small Of Back is worth trying.
She wore a good quality belt that I made a few years ago, and realized it will easily support a gun.
In her case, it's a J-frame S&W revolver. So now we need to learn about good SOB holsters.

Some ladies favor the "Supergirl Carry," which is lower than the naturally concealed holster, but still in front and covered by any fairly straight drape blouse on a fairly well endowed woman.

I'm off to look for reviews of SOB holsters.... :wink:

Small of the back is out for my wife because her shoulder is messed up and she cant reach around easily. We have been looking at the supertuck style for hip IWB carry and a bodyguard 380 which she likes. I think it will work for her. I know the OP is banned as a troll but this is still a good thread for information.

Link Removedsite has belly bands for women. The difference is the size in height. Being shorter works better for our body shape. Works better than the ones made originally for men. Comes in different sizes and seems to work well. Has the built in L or R draw which is good in case you have an arm injury and need to heal, you have that quick option in this holster without having to purchase just one more thing. Has she considered the Flashbang?

She tried a belly band I had around the place, but it's the wrong size and didn't work out well.

Link Removedsite has belly bands for women. The difference is the size in height. Being shorter works better for our body shape. Works better than the ones made originally for men. Comes in different sizes and seems to work well. Has the built in L or R draw which is good in case you have an arm injury and need to heal, you have that quick option in this holster without having to purchase just one more thing. Has she considered the Flashbang?

Question on the Flashbang. How comfy is this where the back of the gun rests under your bosom? My wife has a heat rash issue occasionally and I am afraid this my cause some irritation in that area.

I've only been wearing it for a little while but haven't had any issues. Don't even notice it now. You don't feel any rubbing. It really is held secure once you get it adjusted right. As far as heat rash I supposed there could be issue especially in hot summers. This probably won't cause it but if a rash starts I guess it could aggravate it. It doesn't move around but is securely held in place. There are a few ways to wear it, high or low. There are videos on sites that demonstrate how this works. I use my Sig Lady 380, it's small and you don't see it. I am practicing with it, the draw, but first time I showed my DH how it worked I think even he was amazed. Such a simple thing. They make them for specific handguns, L or R draw. I've read pros and cons but then I have also about regular holsters and people that don't know how to handle guns. Other questions, please ask. Good luck.

Go to a store and try a IWB behind your back. If you are right handed you may need to try a left hand IWB to get a good cant.

Lmao the first page of this thread is the bet laugh I've had all day. Not only did some random girl? troll everybody, I got to watch a bunch of old farts contemplate what "pwned" meant. It's good to be young. BTW OP was banned like 4 months ago.

I just ignored that first part of this discussion. Otherwise there has been some good discussion and help.

Lmao the first page of this thread is the bet laugh I've had all day. Not only did some random girl? troll everybody, I got to watch a bunch of old farts contemplate what "pwned" meant. It's good to be young. BTW OP was banned like 4 months ago.

I am also a lil chubby and I just bought a Taurus Millennium PT111 G2. I have tried the IWB holsters and my belly just pushes them out. I think that a Flashbang would work, but they don't make it for my gun yet. It goes under your bust, in or under your bra. Since I am bigger up top, I think I could conceal it well in my bra.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back