Holster Conditioning

JohnLM

Is there anything you can do to condition the inside of the holster to keep it from marring polymer frame guns. I have several Galico leather holsters. These are good holsters but the inside are quite rough. Is there anything that can condition it? THANKS

if you have the proper tools and time, you could always line them with a softer leather (ie: calf skin) or material (ie: felt). Remember, leather was used for years (still used in some barber shops) to sharpen the razor for a clean shave. I do not know of any substance that will soften leather but will allow it to retain its shape.

Kydex is a much more modern and nearly indestructible holster material. Faster, durable, doesn't hold moisture, etc., and is slick inside :). Yeah I realize I'm prolly talking to the wall on this but reality is not nostalgic or sentimental :)
Scott

Budreaux39:238801 said:
Kydex is a much more modern and nearly indestructible holster material. Faster, durable, doesn't hold moisture, etc., and is slick inside :). Yeah I realize I'm prolly talking to the wall on this but reality is not nostalgic or sentimental :)
Scott

If more modern was always better there wouldn't be a 1911 owner on the site.

I am curious as to what damage the leather is doing to the polymer. Can you be more specific on what is happening.

2wr115h_th.jpg

I condition my Galco holsters with silicone spray. No issues and does the job. Made my 3 slot cop secure and release my Glocks just right.

Try a leather conditioning wax by Stoner Holsters. I've used it, and it does a great job. They say it contains 5 different types of wax. Don't know what's in it, but it works.

I am curious as to what damage the leather is doing to the polymer. Can you be more specific on what is happening.
It seems to be dulling the frame when I pull the gun out of the holster!! I wipe the gun down with a Hoppe's cloth when not in use but the dulling is what concerns me.

JohnLM:238940 said:

It seems to be dulling the frame when I pull the gun out of the holster!! I wipe the gun down with a Hoppe's cloth when not in use but the dulling is what concerns me.

Do you mean scrapes or material removed or color differences? I'm not sure what you mean by dulling of the polymer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back