holster and gun disarm disarm.

whitetiger

I saw a video on youtube of a holster with a gun in it pushed down and twisted and the guy took the holster and gun right off the guy's belt in 1 1/2 second. it was a over the waist band. please watch it and lets talk about this. I was blown away i am not getting that holster.
its was a kydex ? holster. I think. It is on youtube I hope someone who know how to post links can find it and post it here. so I think I am going to get a leather holster. or a iwb. well that scared me.

I have seen it and the maker of the vid promoted it with something along the lines of "why not to use a plastic holster".

BUT: The whole setup assumes that the attacker knows that the other guy has a gun and in what sort of holster it is carried. Conceivably in case of OC but pretty much pointless for CC.

All holsters are not created equal.
Just because one Kydex paddle holster failed doesn't mean they are all bad. The particular holster in the video may have been made from very thin Kydex.

I believe this is the video you are referring.

Some holsters are good for the Range(target shooting)and some holster are good for street carry. At the range you may use this type of holster to just secure your weapon as you fix/post/adjust targets, or just BS.

I believe that if someone is able to Dis-Arm you in that manner.
You have failed, not the holster. If you consider your body as the center point, you should keep an 5-6 foot radius 360° around you at all times.I agee your holster should not be able to be removed that easy.

But you, and only you can be blamed, or held accountable for such a situation. Not only do you as a CCW holder have a responcibility to protect yours,and your families well being. But protecting your weapon is equally important. Dont let anyone invade your Circle.....

Protection of your weapon has nothing to do with your holster and everything to do with you and how you protect the weapon.

I prefer an elbow smash to the nose in response to an attempting disarming... but that's just me.

The video was staged to exaggerate a situation. Like the 20/20 video during "If I Only Had A Gun" of the classroom shooter where the concealed carry students had no prior experience and were wearing gloves and gas masks and were attacked by a police officer who knew in advance who had the guns and who didn't.

There used to be a short video of a guy wearing a cheap Fobus holster. Another guy comes up behind him and simply pops the gun out of the holster as the holster breaks apart at the rivets.

But that's not in the same league as a top of the line Kydex holster. The cheap Fobus holsters will work to carry a gun (and rattle), but they're not tough. They're popular because of price. The name isn't printed on it, but I'd be certain the plastic holster included with my Springfield XD/M 4.5 is Fobus, even if I couldn't see the "made in Israel" marking.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist and I like leather, but I'm most interested in what works, and will continue to work reliably for a long time. I forget who first said "never trust your life to a holster that costs less than two boxes of ammo," but he had a point.

I saw a video on youtube of a holster with a gun in it pushed down and twisted and the guy took the holster and gun right off the guy's belt in 1 1/2 second. it was a over the waist band. please watch it and lets talk about this. I was blown away i am not getting that holster.
its was a kydex ? holster. I think. It is on youtube I hope someone who know how to post links can find it and post it here. so I think I am going to get a leather holster. or a iwb. well that scared me.

That video was a Fobus holster on a truly older design. Their new stuff as well as that of Blackhawk and Bladetech shouldn't have this problem at all. I was corrected on that issue some time ago when I posted the same video.

That's not to say it's not a plausible scenario should a BG make a determined attempt to get the firearm since no holster can protect 100% against that.

I have seen this one. I stick to IWB. If I ever go OWB it will be with leather.

It is nice to say you aren't going to let anyone get within 5 feet of you, but not very realistic. Even at the supermarket, people get that close. The isles are only 6 -7 ft. That said, you should always try to know what is going on around you. - That is more the point.

One thing to remember... How many gun grabs from Joe Citizen carrying a gun have there been in reality? You would think that with the anti-gun media and groups like the Brady Bunch that a gun grab would be all over the news. It just doesn't seem to happen in reality. One reason is that it is much, much easier and less dangerous for a criminal to obtain a gun in an illegal sale, or to steal an unattended gun than it is to attempt to take a gun from Joe Citizen carrying it.

I believe that if someone is able to Dis-Arm you in that manner.
You have failed, not the holster. If you consider your body as the center point, you should keep an 5-6 foot radius 360° around you at all times.I agee your holster should not be able to be removed that easy.

But you, and only you can be blamed, or held accountable for such a situation. Not only do you as a CCW holder have a responcibility to protect yours,and your families well being. But protecting your weapon is equally important. Dont let anyone invade your Circle.....

Yup. If someone who wants to hurt you has gotten close enough to you to grab your sidearm, you're doing it wrong. The fact that they can do what happened in that video has nothing to do with anything. The fact that they're that close to you makes your sidearm pointless right there. All the assailant has to do is keep your hand from your sidearm, and they're in control, even if they don't have it.

There are cops who have their gun grabbed every year. how many? I am not sure but some cops get killed every year with their own gun. Fbi u.c.r.

well if you carrying in the open and you go somewhere and your in a line that circle is going to be hard to keep. a nutjob if you do not see him well being 100% sure of everyone around you all the time is not being honest can not be done. a guy who is after your gun can pick his time and attack when he wants to. so I like a holster I can lock down with my hand and arm. not have it twisted away and off my belt. someone can grab my gun if he is very gun but not pull it out before i can grab and start fighting for it but if he can tristed it off my belt. well I am not going to get that holster. just my idea now i am not superman so I want something that it has to come out the way it went in and they can twist it all they want it stays on my belt. so what do you want for your gun. I am going for something strong.

What makes any difference? I'd actually rather the guy jerked the holster off my belt instead of pulling the pistol out of the holster. Why? Because if he pulled the pistol out of the holster, he'd be reday to fire at me. If the pistol is still inside the holster, he has to use two hands to get the pitol out of the holster(not that easy when the holster is not on a belt). In the time it takes the BG to get the pistol into a firing condition, I will either knock him on his azz or create enough distance that he'll have more trouble hitting me.
One of the things you should learn when preparing to carry concealed is retention. Keep your elbow close on the outside of your gun. Anyone puts a hand on my piece and I immediately spin around toward the threat attempting to break his hold, strike his hand/forearm with my forearm, and start a crossing blow with my lefthand aimed at his throat/face causing him to raise at least one hand in defense of his face. A right handed gungrabber will be at a serious disadvantage at this point. If I'm able to spin 180*, the next step is my left knee to his crotch. I don't live in a big city environment but really, I don't allow anyone to approach within 5' behind me. If standing in line, I'll turn sidewise with my gun on the opposite side. Most men won't crowd you after you do this and make eye contact unless they really are BG, in which case the beacon goes on and the right hand goes-well you know the rest.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back