Hollywood Fail

I was watching "Drive Angry" last night, which is full of great classical literature references, BTW, and there is a scene where someone gets blasted with a high-caliber weapon, and yep, you guessed it, goes butt-first backward through a plate glass window, airborne the entire time. Of course, the shooter experiences zero recoil. Now that is one powerful and completely physics-defying weapon.

Things I've learned from Kill Bill I (while on a con call so audio was muted)

1. Rifled barrels do not force the bullet to spin.
2. Shooting someone in the leg will make everything below the shot fall off immediately.
3. A rifle shot through a windshield and hitting someone in the back seat will leave a human size hole.
4. A shot to the head will cause the head to explode.

Don't forget in "Rambo First Blood Part 2" he fires a LAWS rocket inside a helocopter. Did they not realize that that weapon has a signifigant backblast. They made a similar mistake in "Deathwish 3" staring Charles Bronson.

Not to mention firing an M-60 one-handed.

There was a scene in "Heartbreak Ridge" where Eastwood took an M-16 and shot about a 1" group, standing, with open sights at 100 yards.

The Deathwish movies were all screwed up from a firearms handling perspective.

Another screwed up perspective on firearms was the entire movie "Wanted". That's 120minutes of my life that I will never get back.

"Taking of Pelham 123" has some of the worst cinematography I've seen in a while. Not only does Denzels handgun change almost every scene, in one of the final scenes on the bridge when they order him to drop the gun, you can actually see him reach down and catch the gun in his other hand so as to not damage the stage prop. Pretty poor editing IMHO.

Fools Gold, he shoots a lock that is chaining his feet together....under 20 feet of water...and the pistol cycles perfectly on top of that...

The show day break, the main character is using a glock I believe...when he fires 35+ rounds into a car with no reload...lol

FN1910:214066 said:
The show day break, the main character is using a glock I believe...when he fires 35+ rounds into a car with no reload...lol

With a Glock I belive that 34 rounds would be the maximum so you must have miscounted. :biggrin:

Lol very true...its hard to count a fully automatic glock...i dont know glocks well but I'm pretty sure police dont issue the automatic ones...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back