Hollywood Fail

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
This is a thread that I thought would be fun to start, and would allow some of us to blow off steam after watching anything on the big screen that made you *facepalm* about anything gun related.

I'll start:

When the assemblywomen Patricia Eddington stated incendiary tipped rounds are heat seeking. These rounds can also cook meat. - News 55

1.) H. Carl Mueller, president of Mueller Communications Inc., Milwaukee: ".....“We already carry concealed weapons. We believe the pen is mightier than the sword, and we all carry pens. As for firearms, I asked the staff,and no one is interested in carrying concealed firearms. We will consider putting a sign on our door telling anyone who wishes to enter that we do not permit and firearms to be brought into our offices – concealed or otherwise. We also hope we won’t need such a sign.”

- Well, good luck with your "pen" when a rapist/murderer/robber shows up.

Also, hopefully someone intent on shooting the place up or killing people will see your "No Guns" sign first and turn away as that sign is obviously much more of a deterrent then the thought of life in prison after murdering people.

Liberalism is such a mental disorder.

Let me know how that sign works for you Mr. Mueller, the no gun zone at Columbine worked. Mueller Communications has no guns on site = Free fire zone.

I saw Transformers with my boys and we laughed when we heard a shotgun racking AND hulls bouncing on the floor......from a double barrel!:triniti:

I can't remember what movie/show it was, but last week I noticed someone racking a shotgun then proceed to shoot semi-auto. Cool, I want one.

I'm beat at the end of the day, and it seems my day never ends. But when I have time there are a few series that are mindless, corny and entertaining enough for me to relax. I can't tolerate TV news because frankly, it's far too far below my very limited Forest Gump IQ

Whatever I do watch, I like to notice the obvious things... but maybe they are so obvious that they are not so obvious to a lot of people. I notice things like how many times the Constitution is violated in your typical movie or law enforcement series, or the blatant, constant and desensitizing display of our militarized/paramilitary police and armed federal agencies, and how they're portrayed against the evil opponents.

Then there are the twisted and contorted stories... which make me feel nauseous.
Then there is CSPAN and comentary, where I try to count the lies but I lose track after two minutes...

Watching the tube and going to the cinema is like funding the enemy. It's hypocrisy at it's finest.
But, keeping the enemy close is a necessary evil. My BS detector has become finely tuned.

Can't I just opt out!!!

"I'm not cynical, you're all paranoid" 9-)

I don't know why people get all upset at the movies for all the stupid stuff that goes on in them other than lots of people think they are real for some stupid reason. I have watched the police shows all my life and the only one that would come close to reality was Dragnet. The rest from Gunsmoke to CHiPs, Burke's Law, McMIllan and wife, CSI and NCIS all are as close to make believe and the James Bond series. Even the un-reality shows on now such as Survivor are nothing but make believe having about the same reality basis as Road Runner and Popeye. Sit back, relax, enjoy the escape from reality and quit worrying about it when it is on the big or little screen. As for the politicians people need to understand that very few if any have and idea of what is going on, they are just after the 5 second sound bite that will get them elected so they can do what they actually want to do. Tom and Jerry are closer to reality than campaign promises hut some people want them banned because Tom keeps getting hit with a frying pan.

More Metal Disorder spewing from the rectal cranial of a Bedwetting Liberal. God help us all.

Ill. likely to see fierce battle over gun control

By CHRISTOPHER WILLS

The Associated Press

June 29, 2011 10:30PM

“Illinois is really important nationally,” said Mark Walsh, director of the Illinois Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. The country needs “one state people can look to and see it’s still doing the right thing,” he said.

WTF. What did this guy toke on??? Ill. has on of the highest crime rate in the nation. We don't need to watch Hollywood. Just listening to the liberal fools is entertaining enough. These people are delusional, they have mental disorders and need help.

In Saving Private Ryan, the American sniper was aiming at the German sniper who was in the church tower. He estimated the range to the German sniper and then reached up to the front of his scope and turned the focussing ring, and said, "two clicks."

Firefighten,

I look at all beddwetters the same,whether Hollywood or the lame stream media, all the same, hope this falls into what you your original post was about. Don't want to hijack.

I don't know why people get all upset at the movies for all the stupid stuff that goes on in them other than lots of people think they are real for some stupid reason. I have watched the police shows all my life and the only one that would come close to reality was Dragnet. The rest from Gunsmoke to CHiPs, Burke's Law, McMIllan and wife, CSI and NCIS all are as close to make believe and the James Bond series. Even the un-reality shows on now such as Survivor are nothing but make believe having about the same reality basis as Road Runner and Popeye. Sit back, relax, enjoy the escape from reality and quit worrying about it when it is on the big or little screen. As for the politicians people need to understand that very few if any have and idea of what is going on, they are just after the 5 second sound bite that will get them elected so they can do what they actually want to do. Tom and Jerry are closer to reality than campaign promises hut some people want them banned because Tom keeps getting hit with a frying pan.

I made this thread not because of how mad I get at the tv...more of an on going laughable thread people can read and *facepalm* at the stupidity of mankind. Even though many of us on this forum are smarter than the medias primary audience, it's main audience is being spoon fed all this crap and they love it.

Firefighten,

I look at all beddwetters the same,whether Hollywood or the lame stream media, all the same, hope this falls into what you your original post was about. Don't want to hijack.

I made this thread as an ongoing laugh fest...more so than actual intellect going into it. I wanted specific events or scenes...multiple scenes...that I can read through and laugh at. Like double barrels being racked and having the sound of metal casings hit the ground...LOL

As much as I like Freddiew on youtube for how awesome he makes action scenes...his last Cereal Killer has him shooting a revolver with casings hitting the ground. He is still the best short action film producer EVER.

Firefighten,

I made this thread as an ongoing laugh fest...more so than actual intellect going into it. I wanted specific events or scenes...multiple scenes...that I can read through and laugh at. Like double barrels being racked and having the sound of metal casings hit the ground...LOL

As much as I like Freddiew on youtube for how awesome he makes action scenes...his last Cereal Killer has him shooting a revolver with casings hitting the ground. He is still the best short action film producer EVER.

In the end of "The Bourne Ultimatum" (where Bourne confronts the doctor that supervised the program that turned him into Jason Bourne) Bourne's pistol switches from a Glock to a Sig about two or three times.

In "The Bourne Supremacy" the bad guy (Karl Urban) shot Bourne from what looked to be 50+ yards with a pistol (one-handed no less). I have my doubts.

"Rambo" (The last one where he goes in after the missionaries) has a .50 caliber blowing people in half with one round. The .50 is an awesome round but I think that is a bit extreme.

I also laugh at how every Hollywood good guy carries FMJ ammo.

I like the old western movies where a guy has two-six shooters and fires 25 rounds without a reload.

John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, Kevin Costner and many other western stars routinely displayed dangerous gun handling skills in their movies.

I always like how someone will say "cover me" and run into the line of fire, and not one of the twenty bullets gets any closer than exactly twelve inches from their back foot. Because 1. Only good guys know how to shoot, and 2. Any time you say "cover me" it's like the film's insurance policy.

As you know, I am a former LEO, and I have been noticing that more and more, actors on TV and in the movies are showing improved gun handling habits. I even saw the bad guy in a movie the other night who was holding a pistol with his trigger finger along the slide, and his buddy had his trigger finger hooked on the front of the trigger guard. If you really want a laugh, see how the detective in 'Plan 9 From Outer Space' handles his .38 revolver. One of the other 'cops' should have disarmed him and and slapped the dog soup out of him. I mean, who scratches his head with the muzzle of a revolver while his finger is on the trigger?

My WTH are you doing comments usually come after this overused scene in just about every movie where there is a bad guy and gun play, good guy hits him with a 2x4 or something like that, bad guy drops the gun, good guy clocks him good then leaves with out retrieving the gun. Bad guy wakes up, shakes it off, picks up his gun and is again in pursuit of the good guy.

My WTH are you doing comments usually come after this overused scene in just about every movie where there is a bad guy and gun play, good guy hits him with a 2x4 or something like that, bad guy drops the gun, good guy clocks him good then leaves with out retrieving the gun. Bad guy wakes up, shakes it off, picks up his gun and is again in pursuit of the good guy.

If the GG removed the gun or they made sure the Freddie Kruger was dead or tied up before walking away there would be no next scene. This is why I have pretty much given up on watching movies. The problem is not in the movies themselves but the dumb arse people that think they actually mimic real life. It's MAKE BELIEVE people!!!!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back